d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Final Fantasy Series > Finally, Final Fantasy 8 Will Be A Ps4 "remaster"
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,010.00
Sep 11 2019 08:58pm
Quote (mclarke @ Sep 11 2019 04:15pm)
you don't junction cards themselves, you get the ability "card mod" which turns cards into items. You can get a lot of strong spells by then turning these items into spells, you can then junction the strong spells for huge stats.
After getting these you can rush through the game pretty fast.
Whilst still in garden (not sure how far through i actually am) i have several ultimas already, in theory i could grind beating the card king repeatedly to get 100 which gives a ridiculous attack stat. Currently using 100 holy's which i don't think i've even found a draw point for yet.
To access the card king, you'll need to battle all the other card club members which i believe you can do as soon as garden starts moving. After you've fought all the others you need to sleep in the bed inside garden in the hospital area, might need to do this more than once and try switching your team around if it doesnt work first time.

Try and get your rule changed to "all" when you've figured out how to play reasonably well, so then you win all 5 cards per card game.

i'm reasonably sure the "abyss worm" is the one you need for tornados which is the really big one early on, quake is also nice but can't remember which cards give dino bones other than trexaur's.

I think ill play thru the game at a steady pace instead lol
Gold: 3,385.09
Sep 12 2019 12:43pm
Quote (mclarke @ Sep 11 2019 04:15pm)
you don't junction cards themselves, you get the ability "card mod" which turns cards into items. You can get a lot of strong spells by then turning these items into spells, you can then junction the strong spells for huge stats.
After getting these you can rush through the game pretty fast.
Whilst still in garden (not sure how far through i actually am) i have several ultimas already, in theory i could grind beating the card king repeatedly to get 100 which gives a ridiculous attack stat. Currently using 100 holy's which i don't think i've even found a draw point for yet.
To access the card king, you'll need to battle all the other card club members which i believe you can do as soon as garden starts moving. After you've fought all the others you need to sleep in the bed inside garden in the hospital area, might need to do this more than once and try switching your team around if it doesnt work first time.

Try and get your rule changed to "all" when you've figured out how to play reasonably well, so then you win all 5 cards per card game.

i'm reasonably sure the "abyss worm" is the one you need for tornados which is the really big one early on, quake is also nice but can't remember which cards give dino bones other than trexaur's.

For Cards, farm Mesmerize early as well, and Falchian F card mod on the Beach by your Garden. Quick like +50 str and +2000 health lol
Sep 12 2019 01:25pm
Hopefully its not too hard for an average playthrough id save the stat abusing for a 2nd run of the game or something
Sep 12 2019 01:52pm
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 12 2019 02:25pm)
Hopefully its not too hard for an average playthrough id save the stat abusing for a 2nd run of the game or something

Its def a little more difficult that others IMO but if you know some little "Cheats" you can just murder the game.

To my knowledge, this is the only Final Fantasy where the Enemies Level up with you. If youre level 80 on Disc 1, they are too. So you dont really get a break by over leveling.

You get that big advantage early on with stat boosting from spells and such at a lower level.
Sep 12 2019 02:32pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Sep 12 2019 02:52pm)
Its def a little more difficult that others IMO but if you know some little "Cheats" you can just murder the game.

To my knowledge, this is the only Final Fantasy where the Enemies Level up with you. If youre level 80 on Disc 1, they are too. So you dont really get a break by over leveling.

You get that big advantage early on with stat boosting from spells and such at a lower level.

Yea i heard about that in a video that they level up with you which is kind of dumb and makes stats almost useless(if you arent abusing the junction system) but imma try my best.... i think when i stopped long ago it was to kill someone on a bus/train(start of the game) and he morphed into a boss and i never got past him.. hope that changes this time around
Sep 14 2019 07:24am
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 12 2019 03:32pm)
Yea i heard about that in a video that they level up with you which is kind of dumb and makes stats almost useless(if you arent abusing the junction system) but imma try my best.... i think when i stopped long ago it was to kill someone on a bus/train(start of the game) and he morphed into a boss and i never got past him.. hope that changes this time around

Can confirm now it was that fake president on the train mission, it was pretty easy to kill and now i believe im on disc 2 right after the edea fight(i dunno when the disc changes are but the save menu is forced so i got that as a hint)
Sep 14 2019 08:56am
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 14 2019 08:24am)
Can confirm now it was that fake president on the train mission, it was pretty easy to kill and now i believe im on disc 2 right after the edea fight(i dunno when the disc changes are but the save menu is forced so i got that as a hint)

Sup, I hate the Train portion of the game. One of my least favorites.

And yea, disc 2 is right after Edea Ice Shards Squall.

How are you enjoying it so far?
Sep 14 2019 10:33am
Quote (Toews777 @ Sep 14 2019 09:56am)
Sup, I hate the Train portion of the game. One of my least favorites.

And yea, disc 2 is right after Edea Ice Shards Squall.

How are you enjoying it so far?

Storywise its ok, mechanic wise.... ehh
Sep 20 2019 12:13pm
24 hours of game time in and i just beat edea to be on disc 3

Geez lol all the time spent drawing magics to 100 when playing the game legitly as intended lmao
Sep 21 2019 09:32am
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 20 2019 01:13pm)
24 hours of game time in and i just beat edea to be on disc 3

Geez lol all the time spent drawing magics to 100 when playing the game legitly as intended lmao

Yea,Drawing was tedius as first. I just card mod to make it quick haha.

Disc 3 is fun, but kinda odd. Enjoy
Go Back To Final Fantasy Series Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll