d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Final Fantasy Series > Finally, Final Fantasy 8 Will Be A Ps4 "remaster"
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,385.09
Sep 5 2019 10:38am
Quote (Bazi @ Sep 2 2019 12:23pm)
Tomorrow !

Did you grab it yet? I went to but had no fund on PSN haha, so Ill grab a card this weekend (dont wanna link accounts)

But trying to convince my friend to play along with me so that I can discuss the story with people.

Otherwise ill prob come back on here and hope someone wants to talk FF8
Gold: 32,161.71
Sep 5 2019 04:23pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Sep 5 2019 11:38am)
Did you grab it yet? I went to but had no fund on PSN haha, so Ill grab a card this weekend (dont wanna link accounts)

But trying to convince my friend to play along with me so that I can discuss the story with people.

Otherwise ill prob come back on here and hope someone wants to talk FF8

yeah I'm done with disc 1

I've beaten this game over a hundred times, if you want to discuss the story anytime just shoot me a message
Gold: 20,010.00
Sep 11 2019 09:56am
Well i bought it on my Switch to give it another chance
I just finished the mission to kill the Garmy soldiers on that island

I feel like i need to draw magic with everyone till they have 99 or 100 or each lol

And the siren battle was like a 10-15 min drag out of drawing cures and using when it kept uaing that breath attack...

Im sure i could google this but i like conversing, is Squall the only one with a "trigger" to do extra damage with regular attack? Selphie and zell seem weak since i cant junction their str right now
Sep 11 2019 10:44am
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 11 2019 10:56am)

I feel like i need to draw magic with everyone till they have 99 or 100 or each lol

And the siren battle was like a 10-15 min drag out of drawing cures and using when it kept uaing that breath attack...

Im sure i could google this but i like conversing, is Squall the only one with a "trigger" to do extra damage with regular attack? Selphie and zell seem weak since i cant junction their str right now

Ive never had luck with the other on the trigger so Id say Squall is the only one.

If you want a small thing that can help, I use Zells Limit Break a ton, you can usually get 4 attacks in per second and just wreck guys. So I focus on 1 guy with High STR and High Health to get a limit break earlier.
Sep 11 2019 10:58am
Quote (Toews777 @ Sep 11 2019 11:44am)
Ive never had luck with the other on the trigger so Id say Squall is the only one.

If you want a small thing that can help, I use Zells Limit Break a ton, you can usually get 4 attacks in per second and just wreck guys. So I focus on 1 guy with High STR and High Health to get a limit break earlier.

I didnt even understand limit breaks entirely

I used Zells in the Siren battle i think... then a menu popped up with 2 different options(or names of attacks) with inputs i guess?

Am i supposed to just input 1 of the 2 every time it pops up?
Sep 11 2019 02:19pm
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 11 2019 11:58am)
I didnt even understand limit breaks entirely

I used Zells in the Siren battle i think... then a menu popped up with 2 different options(or names of attacks) with inputs i guess?

Am i supposed to just input 1 of the 2 every time it pops up?

Yea just type the buttons to do that move.

I do like OX (ur on the switch though so not sure on buttons) and up down

then repeat those 2 commands
Sep 11 2019 02:33pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Sep 11 2019 03:19pm)
Yea just type the buttons to do that move.

I do like OX (ur on the switch though so not sure on buttons) and up down

then repeat those 2 commands

OX would translate to B A if O is cancel button and X is confirm

By repeat, you mean i can keep doing that same combo even if its not on the menu pop up?
Gold: 20,189.48
Sep 11 2019 02:49pm
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 11 2019 04:56pm)

Basically get access to cards asap if you can get a quake or tornado level 100 from cards and junction that to attack, you will be good for the rest of the game lol.
getting everyone with water 100 is super easy through cards too which is a solid health junction till you get something else like curaga.

Can confirm Squall is the only one for the trigger, which makes sense seeing it's a gunblade. Not sure how you trigger any of the other weapons to make them fire a projectile, other than guns themselves which erm don't need to trigger either.

The "limits" on ff8 are super weird though as they basically only happen with aura or when you're low health, so with your low health character continually spam to change character until the limit appears which is completely broken, also makes bosses not last long lol.

Did anyone else not find the card "king" the first time round? Looked everywhere for them, Had picked up the original version on steam cos cba to get playstation out the closet and google'd it, how da heck you supposed to work that one out when you're like 10. NO-ONE uses that bed.
tbh main reason for me to play ff8 was the card game. It helped the storyline wasn't too filled with long unskippable boring parts (excluding one or two of the rinoa bits, ugh)

8 is the only one i've bought on steam so far.

Whats your feelings on the remaster? Had a look at a review and gods some of it is bad. i'll probably stick to what i remember.
Sep 11 2019 02:57pm
Quote (mclarke @ Sep 11 2019 03:49pm)
Basically get access to cards asap if you can get a quake or tornado level 100 from cards and junction that to attack, you will be good for the rest of the game lol.
getting everyone with water 100 is super easy through cards too which is a solid health junction till you get something else like curaga.

Can confirm Squall is the only one for the trigger, which makes sense seeing it's a gunblade. Not sure how you trigger any of the other weapons to make them fire a projectile, other than guns themselves which erm don't need to trigger either.

The "limits" on ff8 are super weird though as they basically only happen with aura or when you're low health, so with your low health character continually spam to change character until the limit appears which is completely broken, also makes bosses not last long lol.

Did anyone else not find the card "king" the first time round? Looked everywhere for them, Had picked up the original version on steam cos cba to get playstation out the closet and google'd it, how da heck you supposed to work that one out when you're like 10. NO-ONE uses that bed.
tbh main reason for me to play ff8 was the card game. It helped the storyline wasn't too filled with long unskippable boring parts (excluding one or two of the rinoa bits, ugh)

8 is the only one i've bought on steam so far.

Whats your feelings on the remaster? Had a look at a review and gods some of it is bad. i'll probably stick to what i remember.

as far as i can tell its the same game, just a bit cleaner graphics for HD looking style and added cheats if wanted(no encounters, super op stats)

also how do u junction cards? i only challenged 1 person once without knowing any rules/how to play and it was a draw
Gold: 20,189.48
Sep 11 2019 03:15pm
Quote (Haseo @ Sep 11 2019 09:57pm)
as far as i can tell its the same game, just a bit cleaner graphics for HD looking style and added cheats if wanted(no encounters, super op stats)

also how do u junction cards? i only challenged 1 person once without knowing any rules/how to play and it was a draw

you don't junction cards themselves, you get the ability "card mod" which turns cards into items. You can get a lot of strong spells by then turning these items into spells, you can then junction the strong spells for huge stats.
After getting these you can rush through the game pretty fast.
Whilst still in garden (not sure how far through i actually am) i have several ultimas already, in theory i could grind beating the card king repeatedly to get 100 which gives a ridiculous attack stat. Currently using 100 holy's which i don't think i've even found a draw point for yet.
To access the card king, you'll need to battle all the other card club members which i believe you can do as soon as garden starts moving. After you've fought all the others you need to sleep in the bed inside garden in the hospital area, might need to do this more than once and try switching your team around if it doesnt work first time.

Try and get your rule changed to "all" when you've figured out how to play reasonably well, so then you win all 5 cards per card game.

i'm reasonably sure the "abyss worm" is the one you need for tornados which is the really big one early on, quake is also nice but can't remember which cards give dino bones other than trexaur's.

This post was edited by mclarke on Sep 11 2019 03:31pm
Go Back To Final Fantasy Series Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll