d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > The Warriors Have Won The 2019 Nba Finals
Prev167891052Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
May 29 2019 10:57am
I think people are both underrating Toronto and overrating their chances of winning the series :D

Toronto is an elite defensive team with some offensive fire power but I still see them as massive underdogs.

I believe that Toronto can win the series no matter who plays, but I think the odds are still stacked against them even if KD and Cousins don't play. Kawhi is arguably the best player in the league, but so is KD. Siakam is a budding star, and Lowry is a fading star. But KD and Curry are elite players, Draymond has been one of the best overall players in the league for a long time, Iggy never gets old, Boogie is a big freak, Klay is still an elite player even if he's lost a step on defence ... they're loaded.

If Toronto wins more than two games in this series I'll be pleasantly surprised.

e: I will say that I believe that Toronto is probably the 2nd best team in the league. But Houston and Portland could make a case for themselves.

Notes of interest: the Raptors crushed GSW without Kawhi, they achieved the #2 record in the East while giving Kawhi lots of rest and dealing with injuries, and they had to take time to build chemistry on the new roster. It's not that I don't think the Raptors are an elite team. I just think that GSW are a proven system and they have more talent than any other team.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on May 29 2019 11:00am
Gold: 0.00
May 29 2019 11:39am
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 12:55pm)
Trash 🗑 just like the Patriots, people with shitty lives that they didn’t live up their expectations to, hate on success and winning. Maybe some day your parents will be proud of you and you’ll see that hating on success is actually a weak mentality. Stay smooth.

It's not just that, it's the fact that it's terrible for the league to see the same team dominate year after year....
Gold: 13,765.00
May 29 2019 11:47am
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 09:55am)
Trash 🗑 just like the Patriots, people with shitty lives that they didn’t live up their expectations to, hate on success and winning. Maybe some day your parents will be proud of you and you’ll see that hating on success is actually a weak mentality. Stay smooth.

Well the Patriots are known cheaters and the refs go out of their way to help them. Also multiple people in their organization are Trumplers, especially at the top (Kraft, Belichick, Brady). Also Boston fans are notoriously racist.

Whereas the Warriors (especially Curry) constantly get the opposite treatment from the refs. The Warriors refused to visit the white house. And the bay area is probably the least racist place in the country.

The Warriors built this team through the draft. Some trades and a couple free agents too but mostly the draft.
Gold: 3,790.00
May 29 2019 12:50pm
Quote (Sixers @ May 29 2019 10:39am)
It's not just that, it's the fact that it's terrible for the league to see the same team dominate year after year....

Is it terrible for the league? Because it hasn’t been like that every freaking decade right? 90s has so much parody with 6/10 years being the Bulls huh? Then basically after that the Lakers & Spurs being the only ones huh that was so much parody!?

Another bullshit reason to hate on success. People are so sad. I’ve never hated on anyone’s success, I’m a Niner fan and know that every time the Pats win it makes Joe Montana & the Niners go below Tom & The Pats but I don’t hate on success I use it as a barometer of a challenge..

Reassess your mentality in life.
May 29 2019 12:53pm
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 02:50pm)
Is it terrible for the league? Because it hasn’t been like that every freaking decade right? 90s has so much parody with 6/10 years being the Bulls huh? Then basically after that the Lakers & Spurs being the only ones huh that was so much parody!?

Another bullshit reason to hate on success. People are so sad. I’ve never hated on anyone’s success, I’m a Niner fan and know that every time the Pats win it makes Joe Montana & the Niners go below Tom & The Pats but I don’t hate on success I use it as a barometer of a challenge..

Yeah dude, I think you're taking this a bit hard lmao.

Nobody wants to see the Warriors win again, it's predictable and bad for the league. Period. Nobody is going to root for the super stacked team that won 70+ games and had a recent Championship and then added a top 5 player to that roster and kept winning.

You're a Warriors fan, so of course you aren't going to feel this way. But make no mistake about it, the Warriors are hated by everyone else lol. The minute they got KD, they became enemy #1.
Gold: 3,790.00
May 29 2019 01:04pm
Quote (Sixers @ May 29 2019 11:53am)
Yeah dude, I think you're taking this a bit hard lmao.

Nobody wants to see the Warriors win again, it's predictable and bad for the league. Period. Nobody is going to root for the super stacked team that won 70+ games and had a recent Championship and then added a top 5 player to that roster and kept winning.

You're a Warriors fan, so of course you aren't going to feel this way. But make no mistake about it, the Warriors are hated by everyone else lol. The minute they got KD, they became enemy #1.

Nah , not even about the Warriors just tired of the weak mentality people have about hating on success and winners. Sorry that we drafted 3 all stars better than anyone could, sorry that our culture appealed to one of the best scorers of all time to take a pay cut & our stars were willing to sacrifice in team ball culture. Get real, if you don’t see the issue with hating on success just because, then don’t worry about my words. Blame the winners for your situation, I’ll take them as a challenge.
May 29 2019 01:14pm
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 03:04pm)
Nah , not even about the Warriors just tired of the weak mentality people have about hating on success and winners. Sorry that we drafted 3 all stars better than anyone could, sorry that our culture appealed to one of the best scorers of all time to take a pay cut & our stars were willing to sacrifice in team ball culture. Get real, if you don’t see the issue with hating on success just because, then don’t worry about my words. Blame the winners for your situation, I’ll take them as a challenge.

Yo man

You're really upset about this. This obviously struck a nerve.

Tired of hearing people talk about how much they hate the Warriors or something?
Gold: 13,750.00
May 29 2019 01:17pm
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 02:04pm)

lol

irony that you mention weak mentality then brag about KD in the same post
Gold: 1,220.10
Warn: 20%
May 29 2019 01:18pm
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 03:04pm)

LOLL
Gold: 200.00
May 29 2019 01:20pm
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 01:50pm)

At the end of the day, basketball is entertainment. It's not much entertainment for the fans when you know who's going to come out of the West when the season starts.

And the word you're looking for is parity.
Quote (Dominicano @ May 29 2019 02:04pm)

lol'd

This post was edited by Embiid on May 29 2019 01:21pm
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev167891052Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll