d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > The Warriors Have Won The 2019 Nba Finals
Prev15678952Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 423.00
Warn: 20%
May 28 2019 12:01pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ May 28 2019 01:29pm)
I see this going somewhere around 4-0 to 4-2 for GSW. I'm not ruling out a Raptors championship because Durant and Cousins may not play/may not play well, because Anunoby may return, and because the Raptors are a really good team when everyone plays well, and because Kawhi is a top 3-5 player in the NBA (arguably the best).

I'll make some simple predictions.

The Raptors can't win the series if they lose both of games 1 & 2.
The Raptors can't win the series unless Kawhi has at least two 38+ point games.
The Raptors can't win the series unless KD can't play or can't play at 100%.
Steph Curry will continue to be overrated.

:P

Do an irl bet
Gold: 2,487.88
May 28 2019 12:32pm
Quote (Dominicano @ May 25 2019 09:48pm)
THANK YOU MILWAUKEE FOR PROVING TO EVERYONE THAT THE REGULAR SEASON MEANS NOTHING, GOOD SHIT RAPTORS, NOW COME GET THIS DICK...

LMAO IN B4 THIS BITES ME IN THE ASS... LOLOL

thx tyrone lanister
Gold: 8,000.00
May 29 2019 06:49am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ May 28 2019 08:00pm)
There are those who think they can get rebounds on Rodman and those who think they could stop Shaq from putting up 60 on any given night against GSW, but those are not my people ;)

Why would you wanna stop him putting up 60 when you can hack him, though?

With his LAL playoff FT% from the 96-00 seasons (and total with LAL), he would generate 1.01 point per possession from the line :cry:
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 29 2019 07:29am
Quote (Soundless @ May 29 2019 06:49am)

With his LAL playoff FT% from the 96-00 seasons (and total with LAL), he would generate 1.01 point per possession from the line :cry:

Kick Rocks Geek!!!
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
May 29 2019 08:47am
Quote (Soundless @ 29 May 2019 08:49)

The roster would risk getting into foul trouble so the 1.01 points would lose some meaning because the Lakers would have less work to do on the defensive end. They'd get more rebounds, more opportunities in transition, and they'd have Kobe going off and creating problems.

It's one of the biggest clashes of style imaginable in a series. I think GSW would still get buckets, but I don't think they'd win by trading 3s against 2s. I will say that GSW would present more problems for the Kobe & Shaq Lakers than they would for the Jordan & Pippen era Bulls.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on May 29 2019 08:56am
May 29 2019 09:23am
As much as it pains me to root for them and favor them, I think Toronto can take it to 6 or 7 games or even win it all. People acting like this is over already don't understand how good this Toronto team is defensively (arguably the best in the league), and clearly don't know how good Kawhi is rofl.

I guess it'll depend on when KD comes back. That could be the deciding factor, but Toronto needs to take game 1 and jump on the opportunity without him out there.

Lowry will need to show up and play like a dog on the defensive end, probably starting on Curry much of the time. Also putting Kawhi on Draymond, instead of Curry (though Kawhi will be on Curry in crunch situations for sure), blows up the Curry-Green pick and roll because Kawhi is now the switcher onto Curry. The Raptors will likely put Siakam on Curry at times as well, making that Leonard-Siakam defensive duo on the Curry-Green pick and roll super long and athletic.

Also, some fun facts:

Again, all six of Golden State's games against Houston were within five points with five minutes to play, which the NBA defines as clutch time. All told, 10 of the Warriors' 16 playoff games have been decided in those final five clutch minutes. They are just 6-4 in those games, and as stated above, they trailed Portland by at least 17 points in each of the final three games of the conference finals. In other words, they are not blowing many games open like they used to. In fact, their point differential through the first three rounds -- 6.2 per 100 possessions -- is the lowest it's been over the past five postseasons.

Chances are, there are going to be a lot of close games in these Finals, and that actually might favor Toronto, and specifically Leonard, who has become a killer closer and leads the entire playoffs with 48 total points in clutch time. Meanwhile, Curry, for all the talk about his domination in Durant's absence, is shooting just 25.9 percent -- 7 for 27 -- in clutch time during these playoffs. If it is Kawhi checking Steph in those final five minutes, how much do you expect that number to improve?

At the end of the day, I want to see the Evil Empire (Golden State) die this year. I am willing to hear Phil and these other Rapturd fans talk shit, and see Drake be obnoxious and "WE DA NORF" slapped all over everything. I can't root for Golden State, I just can't.

This post was edited by Sixers on May 29 2019 09:27am
Gold: 13,820.00
May 29 2019 10:06am
Quote (Sixers @ May 29 2019 08:23am)
As much as it pains me to root for them and favor them, I think Toronto can take it to 6 or 7 games or even win it all. People acting like this is over already don't understand how good this Toronto team is defensively (arguably the best in the league), and clearly don't know how good Kawhi is rofl.

I guess it'll depend on when KD comes back. That could be the deciding factor, but Toronto needs to take game 1 and jump on the opportunity without him out there.

Lowry will need to show up and play like a dog on the defensive end, probably starting on Curry much of the time. Also putting Kawhi on Draymond, instead of Curry (though Kawhi will be on Curry in crunch situations for sure), blows up the Curry-Green pick and roll because Kawhi is now the switcher onto Curry. The Raptors will likely put Siakam on Curry at times as well, making that Leonard-Siakam defensive duo on the Curry-Green pick and roll super long and athletic.

Also, some fun facts:

At the end of the day, I want to see the Evil Empire (Golden State) die this year. I am willing to hear Phil and these other Rapturd fans talk shit, and see Drake be obnoxious and "WE DA NORF" slapped all over everything. I can't root for Golden State, I just can't.

Evil empire lol
May 29 2019 10:23am
Quote (Proint @ May 29 2019 12:06pm)
Evil empire lol

I'm willing to let the annoying Canadians win the NBA Championship in order to shut your annoying team down.

Nobody wants to see the Warriors win again. Fuck that noise.
Gold: 35,318.00
May 29 2019 10:25am
Quote (Sixers @ May 29 2019 04:23pm)
I'm willing to let the annoying Canadians win the NBA Championship in order to shut your annoying team down.

Nobody wants to see the Warriors win again. Fuck that noise.

i also wanted hitler to win
Gold: 3,800.00
May 29 2019 10:55am
Trash 🗑 just like the Patriots, people with shitty lives that they didn’t live up their expectations to, hate on success and winning. Maybe some day your parents will be proud of you and you’ll see that hating on success is actually a weak mentality. Stay smooth.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev15678952Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll