d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Comps And Wives
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 38.69
May 14 2019 04:12pm
Ok so I have been with my old lady for over ten years, she has bitched at me in the past for playing my pc too much, not being motivated so on and so fourth. About 2 months ago I went through a bad depression stage and didn't go to work, she didn't take it well. Was talk of legal seperation, I wasn't staying at my house. We talked, I started getting better, my meds started working. I told her I would sell my comp, and it hasn't been in my house since.

A little back story, I have played counter strike and Diablo 2 forever. I am very successful, at both, particularly csgo.

I talked to a physiologist about everything and he even said eventually after everything stables out in my life, he doesn't blame me for wanting to start playing again. I know I can't balance my pc and work and time with family, when I am depressed. I feel like I am over it and really would like to start playing again in my free time. My wife keeps telling me to sell my pc though, to show I can follow through. I don't want to let her down, but I also want to do something I love to do and am successful at.

What should I do.
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2019 09:38pm
life is too short.

do what you want, but also balance things on life. too much of anything is no good.

play games for a little, pleasure your wife a little, work, eat, sleep, exercise, and expand knowledge.

this is life my friend. best of luck!

This post was edited by me1 on May 14 2019 09:38pm
Banned
Warn: 20%
May 15 2019 12:34am
Get a computer or console. Limit it to 2 hours a day.

I'd divorce her. Threathening with seperation when you're at your lowest is just sad.

Don't be a simp that needs permission from wifey for everything mate. Stand up for yourself.

This post was edited by Lasagnacat on May 15 2019 12:34am
May 16 2019 05:41pm
The problem is, if i bring it up she shuts it down, I told her I would get rid of it. And even saying later getting a new one down the road, she said it won't be a while.

This post was edited by im_the_jew on May 16 2019 05:42pm
Banned
Warn: 20%
May 17 2019 12:38am
Quote (im_the_jew @ May 17 2019 12:41am)
The problem is, if i bring it up she shuts it down, I told her I would get rid of it. And even saying later getting a new one down the road, she said it won't be a while.

You have to stand up for yourself. If you don't she will start losing respect for you and when that does it's game over. It will only go downhill for there.

Why do you need her permission? You don't. Women like it when men take the lead. They want to be led. You tell her you get a PC or console and that's it.

Threathening with seperation when you're depressed and at your lowest is dispicable. I'd run away and dodge that bullet.

This post was edited by Lasagnacat on May 17 2019 12:40am
Gold: 2,617.52
May 18 2019 07:49pm
If the hobby gets in the way of you being a provider, then you should sell it. Your family should be a higher priority than your hobbies. Good luck finding a balance but you have to draw a line somewhere.
Gold: 3,007.00
May 19 2019 02:58am
choose, cant have both clearly
Gold: 17,400.00
May 19 2019 06:06am
Quote (Lasagnacat @ May 17 2019 02:38am)
You have to stand up for yourself. If you don't she will start losing respect for you and when that does it's game over. It will only go downhill for there.

Why do you need her permission? You don't. Women like it when men take the lead. They want to be led. You tell her you get a PC or console and that's it.

Threathening with seperation when you're depressed and at your lowest is dispicable. I'd run away and dodge that bullet.

This maybe your wife is the reason your depressed.
May 19 2019 04:43pm
Sounds like she's genuinely concerned about you repeating the same things from in the past. People can complain about what she's doing, but I'm surprised she didn't leave you if there was an indication that you were just gaming and not going for other goals in life. Additionally, you have some other issues going on.

That doesn't sound like an easy situation for her either.

However, if video games are important to you, it is important that you do try to manage that in.
Just talk to her about how it's your form of relaxing.

However, you yourself are also telling us that this is an issue of yours and you're recognizing it. Possibly try out some other hobbies? That's what concerns me. What happens if you spiral into this situation again? You can't just skip work to play video games, even when life sucks, you still Sometimes just have to see the light at the other end of the tunnel and realize temporary enjoyment isn't always the answer.

I hardly video game anymore. Sometimes I watch people stream (lately just Grubby) while I'm multi-tasking and doing other things, I enjoy it in the background. Regardless, there is so much else out there. Most videogames today are not even that enjoyable in my opinion either in all honesty.

I don't know, I find I've done some better things once I've stopped gaming as much. Video games are fine, but if it's a main hobby of yours, you need balance. Balance is everything in life.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on May 19 2019 04:44pm
May 20 2019 07:34pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ May 19 2019 02:43pm)
Sounds like she's genuinely concerned about you repeating the same things from in the past. People can complain about what she's doing, but I'm surprised she didn't leave you if there was an indication that you were just gaming and not going for other goals in life. Additionally, you have some other issues going on.

That doesn't sound like an easy situation for her either.

However, if video games are important to you, it is important that you do try to manage that in.
Just talk to her about how it's your form of relaxing.

However, you yourself are also telling us that this is an issue of yours and you're recognizing it. Possibly try out some other hobbies? That's what concerns me. What happens if you spiral into this situation again? You can't just skip work to play video games, even when life sucks, you still Sometimes just have to see the light at the other end of the tunnel and realize temporary enjoyment isn't always the answer.

I hardly video game anymore. Sometimes I watch people stream (lately just Grubby) while I'm multi-tasking and doing other things, I enjoy it in the background. Regardless, there is so much else out there. Most videogames today are not even that enjoyable in my opinion either in all honesty.

I don't know, I find I've done some better things once I've stopped gaming as much. Video games are fine, but if it's a main hobby of yours, you need balance. Balance is everything in life.

It's for sure not an easy situation for the both of us. I did use it as a temporary escape, but I was trying to work through my problems in what I felt was a safe place. It was a struggle to say the least. I really do enjoy playing and feel like I am able to balance better espically during the summer months, I live I washington state and I have a boat. Since getting my life back together I have already started getting out on the water. During the winter it seems to get worse because we're coped up indoors for alot more often. I do however feel that I maintained some type of balance with my pc. I don't play when my child is up at all, so it's after she goes to bed which is around 8pm and then ill play like 1 or 2 hours.

It's tough because to this day she keeps telling me to sell my pc, and everything with it, but I don't feel it's right.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll