d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Comps And Wives
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
May 21 2019 06:49am
Quote (im_the_jew @ May 21 2019 02:34am)
It's tough because to this day she keeps telling me to sell my pc, and everything with it, but I don't feel it's right.

You're right. It isn't right. She is trying to control you. If you allow it it will only get worse. She will lose every respect for you she once had and almost guaranteed she will start cheating on you.

Women don't like weak men. They want a strong provider/defender. So stand up for yourself. She will ofcourse get angry and start argue but if you persist eventually she will start respecting you. Women are weird. They are always testing you to see what you're made off.

This post was edited by Lasagnacat on May 21 2019 06:51am
Gold: 0.67
May 26 2019 12:24am
Quote (Lasagnacat @ May 21 2019 08:49am)
You're right. It isn't right. She is trying to control you. If you allow it it will only get worse. She will lose every respect for you she once had and almost guaranteed she will start cheating on you.

Women don't like weak men. They want a strong provider/defender. So stand up for yourself. She will of course get angry and start argue but if you persist eventually she will start respecting you. Women are weird. They are always testing you to see what you're made off.

I dont think she'll lose respect for you if you don't stand up for yourself, and to jump to she'll cheat? lol. Maybe she feels insignificant to the video games / pc as she could more then likely tell that you were depressed/ down and would rather turn to a pc then her. Jealous/hurt. Everyone deals with things differently, but you need to communicate with her when your feelin down/ depressed so she doesn't get as upset " ya need some you time so your gunna go game". Dont just shut her out.
I do agree you need balance. You need to show her that shes more important and that you care about her more then the pc and then im sure she wont be as hateful towards it, but seems she already has some resentment and you two will have to work through that, just like if you did sell everything you would have resentment towards her for it as well. Balance and communication. And men are just as weird.
Gold: 6.69
May 27 2019 02:37pm
Everything in moderation as long as you not spending more time on the pc than with her and your family

However selling your pc is way too extreme
Gold: 6.66
Jun 1 2019 05:44pm
Short story, buy the pc. Long story, depends on whether you mutually agreed upon continuing your relationship at the expense of the pc. But currently you have a good case for changing your own opinion which youre entitled to. It's not failing to live up to your words then.

Quote (Lasagnacat @ May 17 2019 08:38am)
You have to stand up for yourself. If you don't she will start losing respect for you and when that does it's game over. It will only go downhill for there.

Why do you need her permission? You don't. Women like it when men take the lead. They want to be led. You tell her you get a PC or console and that's it.

Threathening with seperation when you're depressed and at your lowest is dispicable. I'd run away and dodge that bullet.

Yeah right. More like women want to be led when they feel like it. The rest of the time you'll struggle with complaints of being too controlling, which is a valid point, you know?

This post was edited by Neptunus on Jun 1 2019 05:46pm
Jun 4 2019 03:45pm
wow. c'mon triple h, get your balls back from stephanie's purse.
Gold: 28,296.01
Jun 13 2019 05:16am
Get rid of the PC

Find games or activities outside if you need away from everyone

Something you and the lady can enjoy together if you want to do something together

It's a sensitive spot for her. Brings up the bad shit. Should she get over it because maybe you're better? Maybe but it's just a pc and gaming in this case. If yall have a good relationship losing the PC is worth it. Even if you lose the girl the PC has still proven to be an issue and old bad habits have a way of creeping back

Toss the PC for now. Prove you can. Go without it a while. Revisit the issue in 6 months if you still want one and have a sit down with her. If the relationship is good you can work it out at that point
Jun 17 2019 12:14pm
Quote (im_the_jew @ May 14 2019 03:12pm)
Ok so I have been with my old lady for over ten years, she has bitched at me in the past for playing my pc too much, not being motivated so on and so fourth. About 2 months ago I went through a bad depression stage and didn't go to work, she didn't take it well. Was talk of legal seperation, I wasn't staying at my house. We talked, I started getting better, my meds started working. I told her I would sell my comp, and it hasn't been in my house since.

A little back story, I have played counter strike and Diablo 2 forever. I am very successful, at both, particularly csgo.

I talked to a physiologist about everything and he even said eventually after everything stables out in my life, he doesn't blame me for wanting to start playing again. I know I can't balance my pc and work and time with family, when I am depressed. I feel like I am over it and really would like to start playing again in my free time. My wife keeps telling me to sell my pc though, to show I can follow through. I don't want to let her down, but I also want to do something I love to do and am successful at.

What should I do.

I had this conversation with my fiance the 2nd week we hung out, I said "This isn't going to work out if you don't like me being on a computer for extended amounts of time, this is my hobby and it's what I love to do" we've been together for 4 years and I realize when I've been on too long and I've ignored my outside surroundings for too long.
I tend to make weekends our thing, I do house shit on saturday mow the lawn, help with laundry and dishes, and when I'm done we go out and do something she wants to do followed by dinner. Our work weeks are extremely busy so there isn't much time for us on the weekdays. Sundays are go with the flow, "Feel like going to the waterpark?" anything that pops up we do usually.

After work computer usage for me is my stress relief, she respects that and I respect hers.

It sounds like for you you've gone too far and have ignored all your surroundings, which is easy to do. I'd sell it if it's caused that big of a problem...if you have your PC and you and your wife separated you would have a different perspective on the PC within a week.

This post was edited by LolKgg on Jun 17 2019 12:14pm
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll