d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Boar The Bear > The Hunt For Wildhoney
Prev117181920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 7 2019 04:05am

Okay, that's enough. Let's see how dangerous hell can be for this guy...

May 7 2019 04:06am
Please, help me game!

Of course i get no resistances, dammit! I will still use them and lose 30% light resistance, but after i make Lore, that will compensate

Don't fuck with me now!

May 7 2019 04:08am
What a joke! There's the light resist compensation... but fire or cold would've been better, because with Lore this will be an overkill

Wish i had a good Druid helm for this but it is what it is

This helps to balance things

May 7 2019 04:10am
That's okay for now

Bad rakanishus!

Crushing Blow allows me to cause some damage, but i need higher percentage

May 7 2019 04:12am
I'm actually shocked how hard Corpsefire is, he's fire resistant and i can barely hurt him, while he hits me for massive damage

It took 5 minutes to take him down and i wasted way too much rejuvenation potions on him

May 7 2019 04:13am
Why is this not a Phase Blade? Why can't i get some godly luck for once?

I think the Cold Plains map is not gonna be good for Mausoleum farming, i might have to re-roll

Yeah, i don't like it, after this run i will try my luck for a better layout

May 7 2019 04:18am
So, i'm finally here (and probably for awhile), i skipped Blood Raven she seems too dangerous for me with this character. I'm still trying to master the crowd control with the wave and i'm not very good

This takes too much time... i'm in the first run and it's taking me around 10 minutes. I think i will farm here until i get to level 75-80. If i get phase blades i will cube them at the end and if i fail to get 6 sockets, i will keep one phase blade for Larzuk. I expect these runs to slow down the wt to a crawl, as i'm going to post updates only if something interesting drops

May 9 2019 03:54am
Well, i failed big time. Did about 20-25 Mausoleum runs with nothing notable to show you, except one thing... my death! My Werebear form duration expired while i was facing a fanaticism pack of zombies, i couldn't react in my panic and died in a second. It happened last night and i took a few screenshot to post today, but this mourning i've woke up with the idea to re-install the game with D2SE, to play with older patches because i've never tried anything before 1.13 and i always wanted to try old school D2 LoD. The problem was that i forgot to take out the screenshots before deleting the D2 folder and now they're gone. You didn't missed much, a few bases drops, 3-4 useless low level unique and set items and not much else.

I want to keep playing, but i will take a break from wt's for a few weeks (or less, it depends on many things), as i don't have much time now in the wake of the summer season. I will play here and there, so i can learn about the patches 1.07 and 1.09 and when the time is right, i will attempt a wt in one of them.
Gold: 279.50
May 9 2019 04:20am
RIP :(

Looking forward to your next more back-going WT :)

Any preference on the settings (version, class) yet?
May 9 2019 04:51am
I think i will do 1.09 first (no class preferences yet), from what i read 1.09 and especially 1.07 are very different from what i know about the game. I just started the game to see if i installed D2SE right and created a 1.09 Sorceress, then i did a test run to the Countess. First thing that blew my mind is that i CANNOT buy mana potions. WTF?! What were they thinking? How am i suppose to play, for example a Freezing Arrow Bowazon, if i can't buy mana pots? :D I can't believe these stoners, Brevik and Schaefer, did this! I think even in Diablo 1 you can buy mana pots? In fact in any ARPG and CRPG from the 90's and 00's you can buy them! Who in the hell told them it'll be a good idea to remove them from the vendors?

However, the fact there's no synergies is very fascinating to me. You can really make diverse builds this way... of course there's always the question of which skills are viable and which ones are a waste of time. For example, if i max Fireball and Fire Mastery, will that be a good skill for hell as it is in 1.13? I've read Frozen Orb is OP, so i may try that as another option. I'm very curious about other differences in the game and the classes as well. I wish i could make a new wt now, but it will be a disaster, because i have no idea what to do! I need to experiment first with the Plugy respecs, because there's no in game respecs. Runewords are out the question too, the Countess drops only El and Eld and the others are apparently extremely rare... and the runes are freaking white on top of that! :( It will be so easy to miss them in loot piles.
So, for a casual dude like me, it'll be a better choice to play some 1.09 before i dive in 1.07, which, from what i read, is even more brutal and disconnected from the current Diablo 2 version.

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 9 2019 05:07am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev117181920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll