d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Boar The Bear > The Hunt For Wildhoney
Prev1181920
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 225,299.00
May 9 2019 07:16am
Damn RIP man :(

HC is unforgiving af but that’s why I love it so much. All it takes is for you to screw up for a second and it’s over. Could never switch back to SC now.

Best of luck on the next walk. Like you said, the older patches are much different.
Gold: 0.00
May 9 2019 07:40am
Quote (FallenZealot @ May 9 2019 04:16pm)
Damn RIP man :(

HC is unforgiving af but that’s why I love it so much. All it takes is for you to screw up for a second and it’s over. Could never switch back to SC now.

Best of luck on the next walk. Like you said, the older patches are much different.

Yes, but as unforgiving as it is, the blame is on me for all my deaths so far... with the necro my position at Grand Vizier's seal was terrible, with the bowazon i thought nothing can touch me thanks to the Valkyrie and i became complacent, now i got carried away and forgot to re-cast my Werebear form before it expires. Amateur mistakes all over the place, i have to get good! :D

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 9 2019 07:41am
Gold: 0.95
May 9 2019 07:58am
I think u just dove into hell to fast without grinding for the proper gear..

RIP
May 9 2019 08:05am
Quote (15bucks @ May 9 2019 04:58pm)
I think u just dove into hell to fast without grinding for the proper gear..

RIP

Yeah, maybe you're right, some more Crushing Blow would've been nice to have. I really wanted to do some boss farming, but for that i wanted to get my 6 Shael's Phase Blade first and then farm either Hell Andariel, or even get back to Nightmare Baal. I wanted to do some Baal with my lame gear too, but it was tougher than Mausoleum, especially with Lister's wave, so i changed my mind. Mausoleum was perfectly fine for me, it was slow but mostly safe... it was my stupidity that killed me.
May 9 2019 08:11am
Quote (KillingIsMyBusiness @ May 9 2019 06:51am)
I think i will do 1.09 first (no class preferences yet), from what i read 1.09 and especially 1.07 are very different from what i know about the game. I just started the game to see if i installed D2SE right and created a 1.09 Sorceress, then i did a test run to the Countess. First thing that blew my mind is that i CANNOT buy mana potions. WTF?! What were they thinking? How am i suppose to play, for example a Freezing Arrow Bowazon, if i can't buy mana pots? :D I can't believe these stoners, Brevik and Schaefer, did this! I think even in Diablo 1 you can buy mana pots? In fact in any ARPG and CRPG from the 90's and 00's you can buy them! Who in the hell told them it'll be a good idea to remove them from the vendors?

However, the fact there's no synergies is very fascinating to me. You can really make diverse builds this way... of course there's always the question of which skills are viable and which ones are a waste of time. For example, if i max Fireball and Fire Mastery, will that be a good skill for hell as it is in 1.13? I've read Frozen Orb is OP, so i may try that as another option. I'm very curious about other differences in the game and the classes as well. I wish i could make a new wt now, but it will be a disaster, because i have no idea what to do! I need to experiment first with the Plugy respecs, because there's no in game respecs. Runewords are out the question too, the Countess drops only El and Eld and the others are apparently extremely rare... and the runes are freaking white on top of that! :( It will be so easy to miss them in loot piles.
So, for a casual dude like me, it'll be a better choice to play some 1.09 before i dive in 1.07, which, from what i read, is even more brutal and disconnected from the current Diablo 2 version.

If you try 1.07, save any quality sapphires you find. Magic Ring + Sapphire + Thawing potion gives you a chance to cube a bugged +MAEK ring. They can roll +35 MAEK IIRC. If you are a caster, try and cube a 10 FCR ring with a decent amount of MAEK. When I played 1.07, I had a +12 Str +19 MAEK ring and plain MAEK rings that were 20+
May 9 2019 08:16am
Quote (ShadowFinger @ May 9 2019 05:11pm)
If you try 1.07, save any quality sapphires you find. Magic Ring + Sapphire + Thawing potion gives you a chance to cube a bugged +MAEK ring. They can roll +35 MAEK IIRC. If you are a caster, try and cube a 10 FCR ring with a decent amount of MAEK. When I played 1.07, I had a +12 Str +19 MAEK ring and plain MAEK rings that were 20+

1.07 is on the table yes! I will play some 1.09 and then 1.07 to feel the differences. But i will definitely do wt's on both at some point. Thanks for the tips.

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on May 9 2019 08:20am
May 9 2019 08:21am
Quote (KillingIsMyBusiness @ May 9 2019 10:16am)
1.07 is in on the table yes! I will play some 1.09 and then 1.07 to feel the differences. But i will definitely do wt's on both at some point. Thanks for the tips.

I am playing 1.09 at the moment. I have a level 31 Bowa with 1 point into vital skills and many saved skill points. Not sure if I should go hybrid or straight bow. Definitely going to put points in Valk.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1181920
Add Reply New Topic New Poll