d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Pets > My Aquariums Progress > 10 Gallons X 2 And A 20 Gallon
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,094.99
Jun 6 2019 03:59pm
Quote (Diablo_Friend @ May 25 2019 03:31pm)
http://i66.tinypic.com/2ib2q7n.jpg - FINALLY MY LOCAL FISH STORE HAD SOME ANGELS, NOT THE BEST BUT I SNAGGED THE LAST 3 KOI ANGELS

http://i64.tinypic.com/vovbky.jpg - 2x kuhlie loaches - I found an amazing deal on craigslist today, and I really wanted to start a planted tank, so to start, im going to raise these 2 small loaches with my angels until the 30gallon i got for cheap is ready!

Acclimating your fish via the floating bag method isn’t really recommended. You’re only really acclimating them to your tanks temperature & not the water parameters, which is significantly more important.

Here’s a YT video about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zu29OuxzDp4

I use the drip method every time

Your tank looks good though! I’ll try to post some pictures of mine. I have a 10 G with about 100 red cherry shrimp + about 12 chili rasboras

& a 20 G with 2 golden honey gourami + 12 glowlight tetras + 6 Cory catfish & some shrimps

Both are heavily planted with real plants, real driftwood, rocks & black sand. My 10 G even has a cave haha

I always recommend going the real plant route as I think they look so much better & more natural, however it is way more upkeep

This post was edited by IgoSoHard on Jun 6 2019 04:12pm
Gold: 9,563.00
Jun 6 2019 05:08pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 6 Jun 2019 17:59)
Acclimating your fish via the floating bag method isn’t really recommended. You’re only really acclimating them to your tanks temperature & not the water parameters, which is significantly more important.

Here’s a YT video about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zu29OuxzDp4

I use the drip method every time

Your tank looks good though! I’ll try to post some pictures of mine. I have a 10 G with about 100 red cherry shrimp + about 12 chili rasboras

& a 20 G with 2 golden honey gourami + 12 glowlight tetras + 6 Cory catfish & some shrimps

Both are heavily planted with real plants, real driftwood, rocks & black sand. My 10 G even has a cave haha

I always recommend going the real plant route as I think they look so much better & more natural, however it is way more upkeep

aww I know of the drip method but I dont want the water from the store in my tank!

I am just startinga 30 gallon planted tank now I will update pics this weekend!
Gold: 2,094.99
Jun 6 2019 05:37pm
Quote (Diablo_Friend @ Jun 6 2019 06:08pm)
aww I know of the drip method but I dont want the water from the store in my tank!

I am just startinga 30 gallon planted tank now I will update pics this weekend!

It doesn’t get in your tank haha. The drip method is when you open the bag & put the fish & water in a bucket or something that will hold it, then use small airline tubing & put one end in your tank, & one end in the bucket. Then tie some knots in it to slow the flow, a few drops per second, then as the water doubles, you take out half the water every 30 minutes or so. This way you’re slowly replacing the store water with your tanks water as the fish get acclimated with your tanks parameters
Gold: 9,563.00
Jun 6 2019 05:38pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 6 Jun 2019 19:37)
It doesn’t get in your tank haha. The drip method is when you open the bag & put the fish & water in a bucket or something that will hold it, then use small airline tubing & put one end in your tank, & one end in the bucket. Then tie some knots in it to slow the flow, a few drops per second, then as the water doubles, you take out half the water every 30 minutes or so. This way you’re slowly replacing the store water with your tanks water as the fish get acclimated with your tanks parameters

hmmm seems like a lot of work, So far the bag way has worked lol

I just picked up 2 African dwarf frogs there awesome
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll