d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Under Attack
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.69
Apr 19 2019 12:59pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 19 Apr 2019 09:02)
do you have like something, anything, to back this up? or?

black people in the americas pre slave trade?

maybe when you get worked up you just shouldn't post chris. this one is /r/sadcringe material.

now please be predictable and post a single story of a brown cannibal then say "ha, SEE, I WAS RIGHT!"

brown doesnt mean africans. also, anybody who knows exploration history knows what i said. dont slander me vuz ur ignorant
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 19 2019 01:08pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 19 2019 12:59pm)
brown doesnt mean africans. also, anybody who knows exploration history knows what i said. dont slander me vuz ur ignorant

i like how you said "black and brown" then "brown doesn't mean africans" as if i'm the one confused about what you said. then called me ignorant.

let's ask a question you can answer, Chris, where are black people from. and is it in "the americas".

Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 18 2019 11:17pm)
Brown and black cannibals used to eat any white person they found in the americas back int he exploration days....

since u might need a reminder.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 19 2019 01:10pm
Apr 19 2019 01:15pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 19 Apr 2019 15:08)
i like how you said "black and brown" then "brown doesn't mean africans" as if i'm the one confused about what you said. then called me ignorant.

let's ask a question you can answer, Chris, where are black people from. and is it in "the americas".

since u might need a reminder.

the americas yes, including nearby islands. south america had really dark people, not just africa

This post was edited by ChrisKz on Apr 19 2019 01:15pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 19 2019 01:28pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 19 2019 01:15pm)
the americas yes, including nearby islands. south america had really dark people, not just africa

ok, christopher, let's go through this SLOWLY:

here is inkanddagger's post, he's the user you originally responded to:

Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 18 2019 11:14pm)
No other race in the history of the planet have exploited others based on supposed inherent genetic superiority at the level white people have.

if you're ready to move on here is your, chriskz@d2jsp.org's (it even says it in there, neat huh?), response:

Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 18 2019 11:17pm)
? Yes they have. You are delusional. The white people just have recorded history of it.

Brown and black cannibals used to eat any white person they found in the americas back int he exploration days.... ur delsuional bud

so to combat the claim Ink made about the white race being the most exploitative overall, you responded that some brown and black (or at least they look black to you) people at some point ate some white explorers?

so to combat centuries of slave trade, colonialism, missionary missions, and genocide you cite the incredibly small number of explorers eaten by the vast minority of south americans who were 100% cannibals?

you're proud of comparing millions or even billions of lives affected by whites to maybe 100 MAX white dudes getting eaten in the "exploration days"? that was good? you did a good?

listen chris, ink was being hyperbolic, otherwise he's being a bit silly. but to compared ALL of what white people have done with just the cannibalism done to explorers? calm down and think while you post.
Gold: 119,903.34
Apr 19 2019 01:42pm
Won't somebody please think of the Christians.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2019 06:58pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 19 2019 12:14am)
No other race in the history of the planet have exploited others based on supposed inherent genetic superiority at the level white people have.

That's an ignorant statement.

White people committing atrocities is well documented at points in our own history.
But that doesn't mean this doesn't exist or hasn't existed in other cultures with other races as well.
Probably even to worse degrees in some cultures.

I mean. You do realize there's slavery still out there in other countries right? And genocide. Forced labor. Etc.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Apr 19 2019 07:06pm
Apr 19 2019 07:26pm
They're just buildings no biggie, can just rebuild
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 19 2019 07:31pm
Trve kvlt
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 19 2019 07:47pm
Watch outside so we wont see what is happening at home :rofl:

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Apr 19 2019 07:47pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2019 10:58pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ 19 Apr 2019 18:59)

'Exploration history' XD.

I have in fact studied Early Modern history - including the early European voyages to the Americas. Different people reacted in different ways to foreigners on their shores. Sometimes they killed them, sometimes they enslaved them, sometimes they gave them gifts and looked after them. Montezuma gave Cortez a shitload of gold, the people gave gifts and regarded the spaniards as godlike. Cannibalism was relatively rare as far as we can tell. It definitely happened among the Mesoamerican Aztecs and Brazilian Tupinambá - we have evidence in fossilised faecal matter to prove it. However we don't know what kind of cannibalism we're talking about here. The tribes of the Amazon and Papua New Guinea are known to engage in what is known as 'mortuary cannibalism' in which they eat the flesh of the deceased as part of the funerary rites. The term Cannibal as well originates from Spanish explorers who called the people of the Americas 'Canibales'. Rumours abounded of them eating human flesh but even Columbus wrote in his diaries that there was no evidence to suggest it was true. Spectacular and fantastic stories of the Americas were commonplace. Montezuma is reported to have necromantic powers. The tribes of the Amazon supposedly rode the river on the backs of giant fish... and much is made of their savagery. The main defense for the conquerors when met with criticism, as ever with colonialisation, was the civilisation of the savage and so it became necessary to paint them in as savage a light as possible. Specifically for the Americas in the early modern period it was that they were proselytising and converting the populace to Christianity.

But yes - if you were alone and washed up on the shore the chances were you would be killed by the locals or taken into slavery. I can't remember much of it off the top of my head but there is the story of Jack Renton who was taken into slavery in the Solomon Islands in the 1800s and escaped... and it mentions no cannibalism whatsoever. Though it does mention shrunken heads. It's a cool story - you should look it up.

So yea - Cannibalism happened but to imply that it was ubiquitous or that the only fate that awaited lone white men who landed on the shores of the Americas was murder and cannibalism is extremely ignorant. To claim that it was even a likely event is to ignore the historical consensus. Hell many historians dispute whether it happened at all... I'm not in that camp though.

e/ Also it's worth noting that Europeans engaged in cannibalism of different kinds too. The remains of the dead have been used as medicines throughout history, human meat has been sold in markets during famines but also straight up murder and cannibalism occurred. Probably most notably during the first Crusade at Ma'Arra where Christians slaughtered and then ate the resident Muslims.

This post was edited by TransTankie on Apr 19 2019 11:04pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll