d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > An Unpopular Opinion
1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,286.61
Apr 17 2019 12:17pm
I have been out of the PvM jsp forum for a while now, and it's good to be back, but I have to say this community is bringing me down. This used to be a place where people could come
and post their experiences of nostalgia from one of the best games ever made to share with everyone. Just hearing the Diablo music or seeing the Blizzard logo crack through the darkness brings back memories
from staying up all night trading or baal running with old friends. I remember when I stumbled across this sub forum back in like 2015 or so. I was so excited to see people were still enjoying the game.
The live version in it's tattered state with bots and dupes rampant, and there was this place giving players a place to come and enjoy what the game was meant to be with support of a community and new friends.
Even people who never got to experience the real OG Diablo II ladders come in and start walk throughs, and many more just read these and think "Man I may want to start my own walk one day"
And that is exactly what this place is. A place to come and play the game the way you want. The way that makes you happy, and the way that makes it fun to you. To experience Diablo II in a way that is almost
not possible anymore or anywhere else with the support of a community for information, tips, and builds.

So a message to you neck beards out there trashing all these posts. It's not your experience. No one asked your opinion, and none of us want to hear it. How about you let people enjoy the game you are coming to a
forum to read about. A game from 2001 where the population is already dwindling. A game that you still enjoy yourself. I would love to see new players post walks for the first time and read their content, but I am going to be honest.
If I had never posted here before or never played I wouldn't do it. Half of these threads are some self proclaimed prodigy scoffing at someone's ability to have fun. There is content you can't experience unless you are playing on live,
and yes people want to experience it in a SP mode. Grow up. It's 2019 and you are probably approaching if not already 30 years old by now. We should be welcoming new players, and if you just cannot hold it in, how about saying something like
"Hey cool walk man. For an even more difficult challenge try it this way on your next walk!" Let's stop being so negative and get back to the PvM that brought players like us in the first place.

Gold: 109.50
Apr 17 2019 12:23pm
Quote (HCplayer89 @ 17 Apr 2019 11:17)
I have been out of the PvM jsp forum for a while now, and it's good to be back, but I have to say this community is bringing me down. This used to be a place where people could come
and post their experiences of nostalgia from one of the best games ever made to share with everyone. Just hearing the Diablo music or seeing the Blizzard logo crack through the darkness brings back memories
from staying up all night trading or baal running with old friends. I remember when I stumbled across this sub forum back in like 2015 or so. I was so excited to see people were still enjoying the game.
The live version in it's tattered state with bots and dupes rampant, and there was this place giving players a place to come and enjoy what the game was meant to be with support of a community and new friends.
Even people who never got to experience the real OG Diablo II ladders come in and start walk throughs, and many more just read these and think "Man I may want to start my own walk one day"
And that is exactly what this place is. A place to come and play the game the way you want. The way that makes you happy, and the way that makes it fun to you. To experience Diablo II in a way that is almost
not possible anymore or anywhere else with the support of a community for information, tips, and builds.

So a message to you neck beards out there trashing all these posts. It's not your experience. No one asked your opinion, and none of us want to hear it. How about you let people enjoy the game you are coming to a
forum to read about. A game from 2001 where the population is already dwindling. A game that you still enjoy yourself. I would love to see new players post walks for the first time and read their content, but I am going to be honest.
If I had never posted here before or never played I wouldn't do it. Half of these threads are some self proclaimed prodigy scoffing at someone's ability to have fun. There is content you can't experience unless you are playing on live,
and yes people want to experience it in a SP mode. Grow up. It's 2019 and you are probably approaching if not already 30 years old by now. We should be welcoming new players, and if you just cannot hold it in, how about saying something like
"Hey cool walk man. For an even more difficult challenge try it this way on your next walk!" Let's stop being so negative and get back to the PvM that brought players like us in the first place.

I think most of the people talking crap do it more as a "meme"/"troll" at this point. There have been a lot of true haters over the years, and I think the majority of people still acting that way are doing it as a parody of these ridiculous players of the past.

Could be wrong though :thumbsup:

Take your own advice and just enjoy creating your walk and playing D2, skip by anything that you don't feel like reading, it's that simple ^_^
Gold: 505.00
Apr 17 2019 12:38pm
Who gives a fuck if ppl meme/troll

This post is pretty much the reason ppl meme/troll

This post was edited by Dorislol on Apr 17 2019 12:52pm
Gold: 0.95
Apr 17 2019 12:54pm
A spam thread about spammers..

:thumbsup:

This thread Will reel in more trolls
Gold: 3,723.00
Apr 17 2019 01:00pm
Airwaves was right. It has gone shit. :banana:

Lets loan his smart words!

''Can't pvm legit without loaded items and broken anni charms?''

''annihilus is not intended for single player, and ubers aren't even scripted so don't even get me started on torches

honestly, i'm trolling. and i'm good at it.

but it's still an insult to legit walks. it's completely fair to make fun of someone for getting an anni before they even try regular diablo.''

''being on jsp makes me an asshole for some reason''

''I have always had a problem with plugy wt's.

Free stats/skills reset abuse. Can't be proven but we all know it happens. Some people openly admit to it.

(and we catch every single person loading items, so that's not really an argument)

Twinking in an untwinked walkthrough lol?(Look, I magically just have a 5os flail for cta instead of farming one!)

Absolutely no immersion required. No need to farm for gems, socketables, mf gear. No critical thinking or planning ahead required.

Shitty, nerfed ubers giving game-breaking anni charms.

Extended stash would make sense if this was incgamers and we had single player trading forums, but it's not.

You have let me down, pvm forum. I expected better from you in my absence. ''

I miss the old pvm section before this retarded plugy bullshit started. I miss you Airwaves. You were one of the smartest guys here!
Apr 17 2019 01:11pm
Quote (Dorislol @ 17 Apr 2019 11:38)
Who gives a fuck if ppl meme/troll

This post is pretty much the reason ppl meme/troll

I think not many people care at all. I learned early on that there are a ton of pompous users in this section and it's best to just ignore them :thumbsup:
Apr 17 2019 01:15pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Apr 17 2019 09:11pm)
I think not many people care at all. I learned early on that there are a ton of pompous users in this section and it's best to just ignore them :thumbsup:

Maybe juju multi made this topic :thinking:
Gold: 1,286.61
Apr 17 2019 01:16pm
Quote (darrajuju @ Apr 17 2019 02:00pm)
Airwaves was right. It has gone shit. :banana:

Lets loan his smart words!

''Can't pvm legit without loaded items and broken anni charms?''

''annihilus is not intended for single player, and ubers aren't even scripted so don't even get me started on torches

honestly, i'm trolling. and i'm good at it.

but it's still an insult to legit walks. it's completely fair to make fun of someone for getting an anni before they even try regular diablo.''

''being on jsp makes me an asshole for some reason''

''I have always had a problem with plugy wt's.

Free stats/skills reset abuse. Can't be proven but we all know it happens. Some people openly admit to it.

(and we catch every single person loading items, so that's not really an argument)

Twinking in an untwinked walkthrough lol?(Look, I magically just have a 5os flail for cta instead of farming one!)

Absolutely no immersion required. No need to farm for gems, socketables, mf gear. No critical thinking or planning ahead required.

Shitty, nerfed ubers giving game-breaking anni charms.

Extended stash would make sense if this was incgamers and we had single player trading forums, but it's not.

You have let me down, pvm forum. I expected better from you in my absence. ''

I miss the old pvm section before this retarded plugy bullshit started. I miss you Airwaves. You were one of the smartest guys here!

Obviously loading items in and cheating is not what I am talking about. If someone is caught doing that by all means flame them.. but loading an item in? Plugy can't do that. Extended stash?
I totally see why people don't want to limit themselves to a 6x8 stash space. I mean you could get around this by making another char and IP connect another pc to mule.. but why?
And having different gear sets is cool too. I understand the respec concern.. and like you said some people admit to it.. if they want to use it so what? Why are we gate keeping someone's experience.
Personally I don't agree with it, but I am from the day when you misclicked a stat point you rerolled the char lol. I don't flame threads and I post a SS of stats and spec before every act boss so it's very
easily identifiable when someone cheats, but again that's not the discussion. People are getting flamed so hard threads are derailed and closed... this community is toxic AF and clearly yall are all good with it.

Apr 17 2019 01:20pm
Quote (HCplayer89 @ Apr 17 2019 09:16pm)
Obviously loading items in and cheating is not what I am talking about. If someone is caught doing that by all means flame them.. but loading an item in? Plugy can't do that. Extended stash?
I totally see why people don't want to limit themselves to a 6x8 stash space. I mean you could get around this by making another char and IP connect another pc to mule.. but why?
And having different gear sets is cool too. I understand the respec concern.. and like you said some people admit to it.. if they want to use it so what? Why are we gate keeping someone's experience.
Personally I don't agree with it, but I am from the day when you misclicked a stat point you rerolled the char lol. I don't flame threads and I post a SS of stats and spec before every act boss so it's very
easily identifiable when someone cheats, but again that's not the discussion. People are getting flamed so hard threads are derailed and closed... this community is toxic AF and clearly yall are all good with it.

Welcome to the internet
Apr 17 2019 01:22pm
Quote (HCplayer89 @ 17 Apr 2019 12:16)

IMO letting someone else's negative comments bother you would put you at the same emotional maturity level as the person making those negative comments...

Who cares, there will be idiots everywhere you go in life. If you don't like it, simply do not read it. You don't have to take it to heart, just enjoy your own D2 experience, post it for your followers, read what you want and ignore what you don't :)
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll