d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Official Game Of Thrones Discussion > Season 8
Prev1678910109Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,534.02
Apr 22 2019 10:49am
I liked episode 2 much more than episode one. Things progressed a bit more (although way too damn slow) and there were some great scenes and interactions.

I'm fairly confident they could have mashed EP 1 and EP2 together and cut a lot of the fat. Next week will be very intense - similar to Breaking Bad's Ozymandious - just non stop action the entire episode.

I think they were foreshadowing a lot of people who are going to die based on love next episode. Grey Worm w/ Missandei, Breann w/ Jamie, Sam w/ Gullie, and Arya w/ Gendry. I think Arya might actually die next episode but will take down the NK in doing so.

So much attention has been paid to the weapon she's wanted, death having many faces, her repaired relationship with Sansa, and the scene with Gendry. I think she's going to bite it next Sunday.

Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 22 2019 01:26pm
Quote (djman72 @ Apr 22 2019 11:49am)
I think Arya might actually die next episode but will take down the NK in doing so.

Theres no way the NK dies in the 3rd episode, I can see her dying for sure.

But Im pretty sure Jamie comes full circle and pulls a Kingslayer, and hes the one who defeats the NK
Gold: 83.30
Apr 22 2019 01:34pm
Quote (djman72 @ Apr 22 2019 04:49pm)
I liked episode 2 much more than episode one. Things progressed a bit more (although way too damn slow) and there were some great scenes and interactions.

I'm fairly confident they could have mashed EP 1 and EP2 together and cut a lot of the fat. Next week will be very intense - similar to Breaking Bad's Ozymandious - just non stop action the entire episode.

I think they were foreshadowing a lot of people who are going to die based on love next episode. Grey Worm w/ Missandei, Breann w/ Jamie, Sam w/ Gullie, and Arya w/ Gendry. I think Arya might actually die next episode but will take down the NK in doing so.

So much attention has been paid to the weapon she's wanted, death having many faces, her repaired relationship with Sansa, and the scene with Gendry. I think she's going to bite it next Sunday.

No way they could have mashed E1 and E2 together. The pacing of E1 was already way too fast. I'm real happy that E2 had some decent pacing, having some breathing room for characters to react and interact instead of just 1-2 lines and scene. It makes the dialogue a lot more natural.

And definitely some of those are going to fall. I can definitely see Theon dying too, his story has now come full circle. Jaime hasn't had his major redemption moment yet, which I do feel is coming. Either by sacrificing himself for Brienne (or someone else) or by killing NK.

Also thrilled to see so many callbacks and a lot of foreshadowing concluded. Remember Robert Baratheon in S1? "I have a son, you have a daughter. We'll join our houses." Or the Jenny of Oldstones song, so haunting. Beautiful singing by Pod too!

All in all a lot better episode than E1. Really looking forward to what happens now.
Gold: 18,534.02
Apr 22 2019 02:27pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 22 2019 02:26pm)
Theres no way the NK dies in the 3rd episode, I can see her dying for sure.

But Im pretty sure Jamie comes full circle and pulls a Kingslayer, and hes the one who defeats the NK

I think they'll have the NK story line wrapped up by episode 4's end. They still have to deal with Cersei and the Golden Company.

They could someone combine the two battles/story lines, in that case you'd be right. I just think they'll segment the two. Either way, should be a fantastic ending!

Quote (balrog66 @ Apr 22 2019 02:34pm)
No way they could have mashed E1 and E2 together. The pacing of E1 was already way too fast. I'm real happy that E2 had some decent pacing, having some breathing room for characters to react and interact instead of just 1-2 lines and scene. It makes the dialogue a lot more natural.

And definitely some of those are going to fall. I can definitely see Theon dying too, his story has now come full circle. Jaime hasn't had his major redemption moment yet, which I do feel is coming. Either by sacrificing himself for Brienne (or someone else) or by killing NK.

Also thrilled to see so many callbacks and a lot of foreshadowing concluded. Remember Robert Baratheon in S1? "I have a son, you have a daughter. We'll join our houses." Or the Jenny of Oldstones song, so haunting. Beautiful singing by Pod too!

All in all a lot better episode than E1. Really looking forward to what happens now.

I don't think episode 1 had a ton of filler for a regular episode. I'm basing that more off we have a lot of stories to conclude with 6 episodes this season. In that constranct, i felt it was puffed up.

I really enjoyed EP2. The song was awesome, with the cuts to the various characters waiting for their demise. The hero's by the fire getting drunk cut was awesome. Jamie knighting Breanne, Tormund's added comedy, Sir Davos hangin round ( I did like his callback to Shireen with the scarred little girl - you could see he was caught off guard with her at the soup line). I like the episode more and more as I think about it.
Gold: 135.00
Apr 22 2019 02:28pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 22 2019 03:04pm
Ep1 was expected to be slow with out much happening

Ep2 was amazing, they wrapping it up very nicely, good calm before the storm ep

I am quite scared, i imagine quite a few characters will get killed off next ep :cry:

This post was edited by -=vasya=- on Apr 22 2019 03:05pm
Gold: 26,774.27
Apr 22 2019 03:10pm
Nk should die in ep 4-5 i dont think its next ep that he dies.

This post was edited by Nihility on Apr 22 2019 03:11pm
Gold: 0.80
Apr 22 2019 03:11pm
Yea thats the point

This post was edited by WelSh on Apr 22 2019 03:11pm
Gold: 0.50
Apr 22 2019 04:46pm
Quote (Nihility @ Apr 22 2019 05:10pm)
Nk should die in ep 4-5 i dont think its next ep that he dies.

Ther will be a war after for the iron throne also. So NK death in eposode 3/4. The irone throne war 4/5. Ep 6 wrap it up.
Gold: 0.50
Apr 22 2019 04:49pm
Quote (Booyaka @ Apr 22 2019 08:06am)
i agree

episode 1 was alright

but episode 2 lacked a bit they show them preparing for the battle quite often but never actually training intensely like they should all we see his pod helping a noob get better and arya for like 10 sec

weird considering they are about to be in maybe the final battle ever

episode 2 is still a good episode but since theres only 6 they should've given us a bit of something to work on fighting wise

Intensely training before the war? That makes zero sense. Basic training is all that would be needed. Those who arent efficient in combat, won't be after a few days of "intense" training. The only thing intense training would do would wear everybody out right before a major war. What you want is to be as rested as possible and ready to go.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1678910109Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll