d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Punch Man 2
Prev1212223242530Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2019 08:56pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 18 2019 07:46pm)
it's just annoying because it's basically "Oh, I have arrow poison and am injured. I'm losing. Oh wait, nope. I'm not losing now. Sorry, I win." Just not good writing.

Isn't that the point? The whole manga/show is making fun of your typical shonen shows, and that's what they ALLLLLLLLL do lol. Oh, I'm about to die, but wait, there's this new power that I suddenly have, that makes me exactly just stronger than my opponent and all my wounds are suddenly healed.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 18 2019 09:07pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 18 2019 08:56pm)
Isn't that the point? The whole manga/show is making fun of your typical shonen shows, and that's what they ALLLLLLLLL do lol. Oh, I'm about to die, but wait, there's this new power that I suddenly have, that makes me exactly just stronger than my opponent and all my wounds are suddenly healed.

Difference is in this case it's done with all seriousness, not in the way he's parodied the world with Saitama up to now.
Jun 18 2019 09:12pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 18 2019 08:07pm)
Difference is in this case it's done with all seriousness, not in the way he's parodied the world with Saitama up to now.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. The show itself is a massive parody on the shonen genre. A show that's constantly insulted the genre, in the most beautiful ways imaginable, suddenly throwing in a horribly written and SUPER cliche power-up fight scene, seems pretty obviously done as a way of yet again, insulting the genre.

e: At least to me. That's the beautiful thing about comedy and media in general, it's open to interpretation.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 18 2019 09:14pm
Jun 18 2019 09:25pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 18 2019 09:12pm)
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. The show itself is a massive parody on the shonen genre. A show that's constantly insulted the genre, in the most beautiful ways imaginable, suddenly throwing in a horribly written and SUPER cliche power-up fight scene, seems pretty obviously done as a way of yet again, insulting the genre.

e: At least to me. That's the beautiful thing about comedy and media in general, it's open to interpretation.

Manga had no indications it was supposed to be a parody, or satire or whatever the other tropes have been handled.

It's not really an "agree to disagree" if you haven't seen it lol
Jun 18 2019 09:53pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 18 2019 08:25pm)
Manga had no indications it was supposed to be a parody, or satire or whatever the other tropes have been handled.

It's not really an "agree to disagree" if you haven't seen it lol

Unless it's nothing at all like you described, I think it's pretty fair to say that it is.... But again, you're entitled to your own opinion. No indications it was supposed to be satire? Are you sure you've been watching the same show, or reading the same manga as everyone else? It's satirical nature has been obvious since the first few issues of the web comic, so not sure what the hell you're even talking about there.

e: It almost seems like you believe it's not making fun of shonen, because it's never outright said that it is. Am I reading that correctly? That's not how comedy works though, if you have to explain the joke to the audience before, during, and after, it's not a joke at all, it's just crap.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 18 2019 09:56pm
Jun 18 2019 10:56pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 18 2019 09:53pm)
Unless it's nothing at all like you described, I think it's pretty fair to say that it is.... But again, you're entitled to your own opinion. No indications it was supposed to be satire? Are you sure you've been watching the same show, or reading the same manga as everyone else? It's satirical nature has been obvious since the first few issues of the web comic, so not sure what the hell you're even talking about there.

e: It almost seems like you believe it's not making fun of shonen, because it's never outright said that it is. Am I reading that correctly? That's not how comedy works though, if you have to explain the joke to the audience before, during, and after, it's not a joke at all, it's just crap.

You should probably do some actual reading, because it's clear that I know the show is making fun of Shonen tropes. We were talking about one specific situation that concludes the Garou fight.
Jun 19 2019 02:39am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 18 2019 09:56pm)
You should probably do some actual reading, because it's clear that I know the show is making fun of Shonen tropes. We were talking about one specific situation that concludes the Garou fight.

So, you honestly don't see any correlation between a show that's whole thing is making fun of shonen, and a (according to you) horribly done and super cliche shonen scene, being thrown in? :rofl: Again, pretty clear we're not going to see eye-to-eye on this, and rather than pulling the "I don't see it, so it doesn't exist" card, you could have just ended this shit two posts ago.
Jun 19 2019 02:50am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 19 2019 02:39am)
So, you honestly don't see any correlation between a show that's whole thing is making fun of shonen, and a (according to you) horribly done and super cliche shonen scene, being thrown in? :rofl: Again, pretty clear we're not going to see eye-to-eye on this, and rather than pulling the "I don't see it, so it doesn't exist" card, you could have just ended this shit two posts ago.

Or.... and this is just a suggestion

Consider that you haven't even seen what we are talking about.... and therefore you have no idea if I'm right or not.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 19 2019 05:45am

Ten was the best one by far, other 9 were Pure Trash. Just like fake Boston fans.
Gold: 24.40
Jun 19 2019 05:54am

i thought this was a regular shounen with saitama being the parody?
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1212223242530Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll