d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Democrat Division Megathread
Prev1129130131132133205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Dec 10 2019 07:51am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 10 2019 08:42am)

I don't understand why this is funny. She has a lot of valuable insight on how these firms could be more equitable.

Believe it or not business wants to help with philanthropy they just don't know how.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 10 2019 07:59am
Quote (Skinned @ 10 Dec 2019 14:51)
I don't understand why this is funny. She has a lot of valuable insight on how these firms could be more equitable.

Believe it or not business wants to help with philanthropy they just don't know how.

Because a small loan of a million dollar or pillaging a country with deficit and tax avoidance is better (in the mind of the fucked one)
Gold: 4,400.67
Dec 10 2019 08:08am
Quote (Skinned @ 10 Dec 2019 14:51)

It is funny because of the hypocrisy. Warren is constantly presenting herself as a steadfast crusader against corporate interests and influence - but she in fact made millions doing consulting for them...
Her whole campaign rhetoric is "corporations = evil, I will put them on a super short leash, I will regulate the shit out of them, I will raise the taxes on them until they squeal", etc.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 10 2019 08:09am
Gold: 57.00
Dec 10 2019 08:12am
Quote (Skinned @ 10 Dec 2019 08:51)

>banks and financial firms are bad unless im making money from them
>rich people are bad as long as the term “rich” means ‘anyone who has more than me’
Gold: 260.11
Dec 10 2019 08:25am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 10 2019 08:08am)
It is funny because of the hypocrisy. Warren is constantly presenting herself as a steadfast crusader against corporate interests and influence - but she in fact made millions doing consulting for them...
Her whole campaign rhetoric is "corporations = evil, I will put them on a super short leash, I will regulate the shit out of them, I will raise the taxes on them until they squeal", etc.

Which is a great argument for why this doesnt contradict her message since even after taking money as a consultant she still champions that message

You tend to go out of your way to take the least charitable interpretation of people you consider to be liberal and a give a fairly charitable interpretation to most conservatives.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Dec 10 2019 08:30am
Gold: 285.00
Dec 10 2019 08:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 10 2019 09:08am)

It isn't hypocritical. A national leader consulting business on how they can be more just and equitable.

You would just criticize anything and don't like her. She is a famous consumer advocate and this is in line with what she has always done.

Pathos pathos pathos from you.

Quote (excellence @ Dec 10 2019 09:12am)
>banks and financial firms are bad unless im making money from them
>rich people are bad as long as the term “rich” means ‘anyone who has more than me’

Grown ups are talking. Go back to the kid's table with your finger foods.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 10 2019 08:35am
Dec 10 2019 08:45am
Quote (Thor123422 @ 10 Dec 2019 15:25)
Which is a great argument for why this doesnt contradict her message since even after taking money as a consultant she still champions that message

Oooor it puts the credibility of her anti-corporation rhetoric and policies in question.

It also fits neatly into the picture painted by the whole native american 'scandal': Warren as a smart woman who habitually games the system to get ahead.
As a professor, she uses her position to earn millions from corporations via consulting. She, one of the whitest (literally and figuratively) woman one can imagine, claims to be a native american to strengthen her position in Harvard.
Then uses her expertise and involvement in the creation of the CFPB to jumpstart her political career and get to the Senate.
And now, during the presidential primaries, she feeds into the prevailing anti-corporation sentiment on the left to push her candidacy into the top tier of contenders; potentially straight to the White House.

Dont get me wrong: I dont think that this consulting money is a huge deal or completely discredits her, but it does fit into this pattern of opportunistic shrewdness, and it is somewhat of a taint on the image of the lily white anti-corporate zealot that she's cultivating.

You tend to go out of your way to take the least charitable interpretation of people you consider to be liberal and a give a fairly charitable interpretation to most conservatives.

Probably true. I'm normally trying to not make irrational points which are driven by nothing but blatant partisanship. I guess in the end, partisanship always finds a way through.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 10 2019 08:46am
Dec 10 2019 08:51am
Quote (Skinned @ 10 Dec 2019 15:34)
It isn't hypocritical. A national leader consulting business on how they can be more just and equitable.

You would just criticize anything and don't like her. She is a famous consumer advocate and this is in line with what she has always done.

Pathos pathos pathos from you..

Wait a second, where do you get this from? In the WaPo article, the only thing said about the nature of her consulting work is this:

Earlier this year, Warren had released a list of about 50 cases that she worked on, but the descriptions of the work were at times misleading and the amount of income and dates for her work were not included.

Do you have any source for your claim that Warren was consulting them on "how to be more just and equitable"?
Gold: 260.11
Dec 10 2019 08:58am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 10 2019 08:45am)
Oooor it puts the credibility of her anti-corporation rhetoric and policies in question.

It also fits neatly into the picture painted by the whole native american 'scandal': Warren as a smart woman who habitually games the system to get ahead.
As a professor, she uses her position to earn millions from corporations via consulting. She, one of the whitest (literally and figuratively) woman one can imagine, claims to be a native american to strengthen her position in Harvard.
Then uses her expertise and involvement in the creation of the CFPB to jumpstart her political career and get to the Senate.
And now, during the presidential primaries, she feeds into the prevailing anti-corporation sentiment on the left to push her candidacy into the top tier of contenders; potentially straight to the White House.

Dont get me wrong: I dont think that this consulting money is a huge deal or completely discredits her, but it does fit into this pattern of opportunistic shrewdness, and it is somewhat of a taint on the image of the lily white anti-corporate zealot that she's cultivating.

Probably true. I'm normally trying to not make irrational points which are driven by nothing but blatant partisanship. I guess in the end, partisanship always finds a way through.

Why is it against her message if shes helping corporations do what she fights for? What specifically did she consult on? How is it gaming the system if she has legitimately fought for consumers the whole way? Why does being involved in corporate systems make her less credible? Id think having enough expertise that companies actively seek you out would strengthen the credibility of her opinions on corporate America.

A bit of rambling but im on my phone
Gold: 57.00
Dec 10 2019 09:01am
Quote (Skinned @ 10 Dec 2019 09:34)

Pathos pathos pathos from you.

>businesses need to be more “equitable” to fund my 52 Trillion govt tax and spend plan

Talk about privileged pathos
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1129130131132133205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll