d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Did Kaepernick Take Money Over Truth?
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,250.00
Feb 16 2019 03:34pm

Gold: 0.00
Feb 16 2019 05:09pm
Also even if it was 60-80 mil let’s not act like that’s an incredible sum of money from the NFLs perspective. Even at 80 mil (which I do not think he received, more likely in the 25-50 mil range imo) that’s less than 1% of the leagues revenue this year.
Gold: 253.00
Feb 16 2019 06:27pm
I think the NFL is tired of this story and was ready to make it go away especially if it could do so on its terms. Like you said, 100 million is nothing for them as you can see from the numbers presented here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-financials-show-that-nfl-made-billions-despite-national-anthem-controversy/

According to financial information released by the Packers on Monday, the NFL distributed more than $8 billion in national revenue that was split among the league's 32 teams. The $8.1 billion in revenue meant that each team received roughly $255 million from the league. According to Bloomberg, the $8.1 billion was a revenue-record for the NFL and a total that was slightly up from the league's revenue total of $7.8 billion in 2016.

100 million spread across 32 teams equates to 3.125 million per team if 2018's numbers are equal to 2017, that's pretty cheap.

I don't believe there was direct collusion by the league or its teams to keep Kaepernick unsigned, I think that was a combination of regressing talent level, salary demands, and outside distractions a team would face by having him on the roster. In short he wasn't worth it This idea might have and probably was communicated by one front office to another. If his talent level was higher then I believe he would have been signed ergo Kareem Hunt, ergo Josh Gordon etc.

All in all while some like you may be disappointed this was the smart move by the league and by Kaepernick. He got the money he wanted and the settlement will serve as evidence to many of his backers that he was correct and the NFL "paid." The NFL doesn't admit it was wrong and the story finally disappears from the headlines and they can go back to making billions of dollars controversy free for now.
Gold: 75.00
Feb 16 2019 06:53pm
I don't get why people think offering a settlement is admitting fault.

If Kaepernick thought he had a case he would taken it to court 100%. If this kept in the news over the next few years the NFL stood to lose more than any amount they offered him even if they proved beyond a doubt that there was no collusion.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Feb 16 2019 06:55pm
Quote (Acuity @ Feb 16 2019 07:53pm)

If Kaepernick thought he had a case he would taken it to court 100%. If this kept in the news over the next few years the NFL stood to lose more than any amount they offered him even if they proved beyond a doubt that there was no collusion.

This
Gold: 0.00
Feb 16 2019 07:13pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Feb 16 2019 07:55pm)
This

you're essentially saying the exact opposite of this, so aren't you just as wrong if this statement is correct?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Feb 16 2019 07:18pm
Quote (Acuity @ Feb 16 2019 08:53pm)

It's an admission of the NFL's lawyers saying this guy's case (Kaepernick's) has at least some merit (or they wouldn't have paid him shit and they would let the courts throw out Kaep's case) and we're better off paying him out now to make it go away. Kaep's side probably thought whatever the payout was was more than fair, so veiola. Settled.

I agree with bold, that's why it's a win for Kaep.
Gold: 0.07
Warn: 20%
Feb 17 2019 08:48am
Quote (Flopps @ Feb 16 2019 10:46am)
yeah I'm sure they considered paying out a shitload of money to someone who didn't play a win

idk what else to tell you

i'm not exactly sure what you're going on about even

are you saying kaep should have ruined his case by revealing all the information and essentially throwing away money that he WOULD have rightfully earned had the NFL not blackballed him?

lol IT IS REVEALED

how do you not process this

If he truly cared about social injustice then YES I would expect him to sacrifice the money to reveal the larger truth. This makes me wonder if they even did collude or if something way bigger is at play here, collusion could simply be let's all agree not to let this shit player who likes to bring drama into the league play on any of our teams. Shit if I was an owner I would have been way down to agree with other owners and promised not to hire him. Gets paid big dollars to play a sport in a free country and he starts up a god damn racial arguement to the point it has created more seperation. The dude is absolute trash I hope someone shoots him in the fucking head
Retired Moderator
Feb 17 2019 08:53am
Quote (Adolf_Trump @ Feb 17 2019 09:48am)
If he truly cared about social injustice then YES I would expect him to sacrifice the money to reveal the larger truth. This makes me wonder if they even did collude or if something way bigger is at play here, collusion could simply be let's all agree not to let this shit player who likes to bring drama into the league play on any of our teams. Shit if I was an owner I would have been way down to agree with other owners and promised not to hire him. Gets paid big dollars to play a sport in a free country and he starts up a god damn racial arguement to the point it has created more seperation. The dude is absolute trash I hope someone shoots him in the fucking head

Who’s to say they didn’t collude with Kaep to make a big fuss and promise him a pay day in the end? NFL keeps its hands clean and now anytime someone asks for proof in a case they can say “we can’t, it’s part of the kaepernick case so we can’t disclose it” essentially sealing the records of racism by owners forever.
Retired Moderator
Feb 17 2019 08:54am
Quote (-Kenny @ Feb 16 2019 08:13pm)
you're essentially saying the exact opposite of this, so aren't you just as wrong if this statement is correct?

No lol. My point is that the NFL technically admitted nothing, though we all know what they did. People claiming the NFL is the loser in this is sooooo wrong. They paid money to make their problem go away and never have to disclose the words that were said that would’ve damned them and exposed them. Kaepernick is nothing but a whistleblower who took the hush money.

This post was edited by AspenSniper on Feb 17 2019 08:55am
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll