d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Taxes Are Theft > Duffington Post Exclusive
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Feb 16 2019 08:46pm
I'll be back tomorrow morning if you want to keep talking Cam. I'm about done making dinner and need to get back to studying, so if you want to keep going at a slower pace we can do that!
Gold: 7,525.35
Feb 16 2019 08:50pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 16 2019 09:44pm)
I never said it needs to be one sentence, I also literally just said I'm not asking you to cover every weird situation.

The situations I gave aren't even weird, they're literally some of the easiest scenarios I could think of. As black and white as it gets.

If your philosophy can't even cover these kindergarten level scenarios then it's not functional. That's not my opinion, it's a fact.

Where did i say they cant cover these scenarios?
In fact I said numerous times that there is extensive literature examining many of these scenarios.
The definition of the word aggression not explicitly talking about life boats or deserted islands or rivers or sexual solicitation does not mean libertarianism doesn't have those issues covered.

Maybe im not getting my point across as well as i would like, but it think there is a misunderstanding here.

I'll be back tomorrow morning if you want to keep talking Cam. I'm about done making dinner and need to get back to studying, so if you want to keep going at a slower pace we can do that!
Ok sounds good. I appreciate it taking a more civil tone towards the end there. These things can get entirely too toxic and thats something i need to work on avoiding.
Gold: 1.93
Feb 16 2019 09:00pm
Quote (SBD @ Feb 17 2019 12:34pm)
I'm confused when did he become rich. I mean his user blogs are from 2016 and he couldn't even save one pay cheque for a 4700 deposit. That and life goals was immediately followed by a depression log.

I mean his depression log makes it sound like he works at a call centre to be honest. To much anxiety to even go to work.

Guess he could have earned wealth after 2016...but I recall he said he was a millionaire in 2016 and that's the same year he needed to save for a miniscule 4700 deposit so nothing adds up.

Lol what? The deposit was ~$66,000, i had saved $4,700 at the time of posting, at that stage i had a lot of money tied up in cryptocurrencies and collectables and two other mortgages in the capital city of australia on my plate you did read the part about the apartment and the house right?, i owed ~$100,000 on the apartment and ~$350,000 on the house at that stage.
I cashed out my crypto's shortly after that, i posted here and in pards crypto thread what i was buying and selling over the past 5+ years.
I paid out all my debt in full and bought the beach house in batemans bay a 2 hour drive down the road, i rent it out as a holiday home when i am not staying in it.
I have also bought a further 3 properties in sydney since then, lost money on them :D
I work as an executive for bp, and anxiety and depression can hit anyone in any position.
Nice that you care enough to stalk me though :rofl: i have no idea who you are and have never even looked at your profile.
Quote (EndlessSky @ Feb 17 2019 11:55am)
Plague kindof skimmed both of those authors but none of them lived up to his utopian ideals meanwhile he works for a company he hates.

I hate all corporations, would be be cutting off a lot of options if i took them all off possible job opportunities.
Quote (excellence @ Feb 17 2019 12:27pm)
hates the rich too even though he is rich, :wacko:

I do not hate the rich i hate the system that allows people to get rich through corruption.
I am pretty much the same as cam but on the opposite side of the political spectrum, left libertarian in ideals, anarchist at heart.
Still a slave to the system because working within it is the smart choice right now, if you find something distasteful but it is leaps and bounds ahead of other ways to reach your goals you bite the bullet, swallow your pride and do what you have to do.
THAT is the key to success in life, sell out your morals, bite your tongue and put your pride aside to attain your goals, plenty of time to sit on your high horse and judge others when you have reached them, its also possible to pull the ladder up after you and prevent others taking the same corrupt path you did :)

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Feb 16 2019 09:30pm
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 16 2019 09:16pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 16 2019 11:00pm)
Lol what? The deposit was ~$66,000, i had saved $4,700 at the time of posting, at that stage i had a lot of money tied up in cryptocurrencies and collectables and two other mortgages in the capital city of australia on my plate you did read the part about the apartment and the house right?, i owed ~$100,000 on the apartment and ~$350,000 on the house at that stage.
I cashed out my crypto's shortly after that, i posted here and in pards crypto thread what i was buying and selling over the past 5+ years.
I paid out all my debt in full and bought the beach house in batemans bay a 2 hour drive down the road, i rent it out as a holiday home when i am not staying in it.
I have also bought a further 3 properties in sydney since then, lost money on them :D
I work as an executive for bp, and anxiety and depression can hit anyone in any position.
Nice that you care enough to stalk me though :rofl: i have no idea who you are and have never even looked at your profile.

4700 is a paycheque. Regardless of having money tied up it sounds trivial to declare saving 4700 bucks which makes it sound like you have far less to what you have declared you have on here.

Stalking is not taking 30 seconds to look at two threads on a profile that has no other information.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 16 2019 09:18pm
Feb 16 2019 09:23pm
Quote (SBD @ Feb 17 2019 02:16pm)
4700 is a paycheque. Regardless of having money tied up it sounds trivial to declare saving 4700 bucks which makes it sound like you have far less to what you have declared you have on here.

Stalking is not taking 30 seconds to look at two threads on a profile that has no other information.

I make less than 4700 a week, its closer to $3,500 and at that stage my outgoing was going into 3 separate savings accounts, a mutual fund, extra super annuation contributions (12%) 2 mortgage repayments, oh and some other things i like to call FOOD, LPG, FUEL, Solar panels (got 12 installed that year), brand new kitchen i posted here in gc as we renovated it.. full tiling throughout the house..
"$4,700 is a paycheque" maybe at your mothers place, here in the real world we have costs and have to watch incoming and outgoing, i will put away FIFTY dollars some weeks if that was all i could afford.
There was a time where all i did was work, sleep and buy bitcoin for a few years, it payed off much later, i sold early and posted here when i did it, and i encouraged everyone else to sell too because i saw a crash coming when the investment bankers got involved, i ended up losing a fortune because i sold way to early but the crash did come and i would have lost a lot more if i held on for another year.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Feb 16 2019 09:26pm
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 16 2019 09:27pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 16 2019 11:23pm)
I make less than 4700 a week, its closer to $3,500 and at that stage my outgoing was going into 3 separate savings accounts, a mutual fund, extra super annuation contributions (12%) 2 mortgage repayments, oh and some other things i like to call FOOD, LPG, FUEL, Solar panels (got 12 installed that year), brand new kitchen i posted here in gc as we renovated it.. full tiling throughout the house..
"$4,700 is a paycheque" maybe at your mothers place, here in the real world we have costs and have to watch incoming and outgoing, i will put away FIFTY dollars some weeks if that was all i could afford.

I assumed your total compensation was higher than that given what I recall you boasting.

My mistake.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 16 2019 09:27pm
Feb 16 2019 09:33pm
Quote (SBD @ Feb 17 2019 02:27pm)
I assumed your total compensation was higher than that given what I recall you boasting.

My mistake.

I get performance bonuses based on velocity, cluster performance and other goals but they are not steady income or guaranteed, the thing is you do not need to make millions to make millions ;) all you have to do is make sure wherever you put your money it is working for you.
I make more net worth in equity per year on average than i make from my salary (Not this year, sydney market crashed a bit and i lost huge).
I get franking credits from my stock dividends, i get rent from my properties (less than cost intentionally), i pay almost no tax due to negative gearing concessions.
I should add my partner steph is an electrical technician in the fire industry and she also makes over $130,000 before tax (she actually pays hers).

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Feb 16 2019 09:36pm
Gold: 57.00
Feb 16 2019 10:52pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ 16 Feb 2019 23:00)

I hate all corporations, would be be cutting off a lot of options if i took them all off possible job opportunities.

I do not hate the rich i hate the system that allows people to get rich through corruption.
I am pretty much the same as cam but on the opposite side of the political spectrum, left libertarian in ideals, anarchist at heart.
Still a slave to the system because working within it is the smart choice right now, if you find something distasteful but it is leaps and bounds ahead of other ways to reach your goals you bite the bullet, swallow your pride and do what you have to do.
THAT is the key to success in life, sell out your morals, bite your tongue and put your pride aside to attain your goals, plenty of time to sit on your high horse and judge others when you have reached them, its also possible to pull the ladder up after you and prevent others taking the same corrupt path you did :)

https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=276
Feb 17 2019 01:03am
Quote (excellence @ Feb 17 2019 03:52pm)

The comment i replied to was made in pard, not user blogs, you can go post all your garbage no one reads on /thedon though where people are unintelligent enough to appreciate it.
Gold: 57.00
Feb 17 2019 08:55am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 17 Feb 2019 03:03)
The comment i replied to was made in pard, not user blogs, you can go post all your garbage no one reads on /thedon though where people are unintelligent enough to appreciate it.

you wrote a rage essay/blog not a reply to a short forum comment, those 50 iq tests you said your girlfriend burned didn’t test whether or not you knew the difference

but thanks for finally realizing what every already knows - you’re “agains” the rich and corporations but guzzle oil from a rich corporation to line your greasy pockets
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll