d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Objectives > Am I Doing It Right?
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 185,067.00
Feb 10 2019 12:59am
ISO some advice on this matter.

I tend to solo quite a fair bit and I enjoy it. However I tend to get stuck with the same objectives every climb.

Soften the sneaky shell
Face the evil
Stop the seven shamans
Ambush

They dont even seem to spawn even through they are active. Sneaky does but he is impossible as melee at higher levels.

What should I do to progressiv to say four corners?
Gold: 16,378.27
Feb 10 2019 01:08am
Quote (Monze @ Feb 9 2019 08:59pm)
ISO some advice on this matter.

I tend to solo quite a fair bit and I enjoy it. However I tend to get stuck with the same objectives every climb.

Soften the sneaky shell
Face the evil
Stop the seven shamans
Ambush

They dont even seem to spawn even through they are active. Sneaky does but he is impossible as melee at higher levels.

What should I do to progressiv to say four corners?

Face the evil will never spawn... the odds are the lowest of any objective in the game, requiring at least 4 players in game (since the objective is 9 EPs)... but don't bother even trying IMO unless it's a personal quest because it just won't happen lol

Stop the seven shaman requires at least 3 players in game (since it's 7 monsters... technically they are not EPs, but rather normal monsters with insane monster difficulty which is why they can even be spawned by whistling, but definitely not solo and not even duo). The cool thing about this objective is that it spawns relatively easily and it's not hard at lower levels so you can just get it active and then grab a couple of friends and take it out early.

Sneaky doesn't spawn as easily as shaman, but it does spawn... if it happens at a higher level you can either ask a friend who keeps a high level caster (I am a friend!) to join your game and wreck it for you... or you can do what I do when I solo it--keep a set of sick offcaster gear for every class in vault for when it happens.

Ambush used to be relatively easy to spawn solo... these days it's very hard to spawn... but it can be spawned solo as long as you're not playing on easy mode as it requires more than 1 EP. To get to four corners your best bet is probably to get the 2 friends for shaman, take out sneaky, and take out ambush. Then your objectives should be: Face the Evil, Slash the Swarm, and Four Corners. You could try taking out slash the swarm (which these days seems like it spawns more often than ambush) but will require 4 players, since it's waves of 9 normal mobs.

GL :)
Gold: 8,697.38
Feb 10 2019 01:09am
I posted below information in another thread, but, I will say that you should either carry or vault a cast charm and int gear.
To kill Sneaky Shell.

Basically you have to explore and complete all the other objectives beforehand.
Complete Maze objective, sit there and whistle to level 10, make new cata. You
will notice 3 objectives: Pinch / Bits & Hack, hopefully while exploring this cata,
you can complete all 3 of them, if so, then you need to get Treasure pest as soon
as possible, if you get this before clearing cata, you can either make new game or
clear and make new game... you will notice that (as long as level 15+) you will have
Sneaky in your objective list. The only two(2) you won't be able to do solo is Face and
Shamans.

After Sneaky... Ambush... once you clear that, you will have four corners... this one is
automatically set up in the new cata that you make after ambush.

Hope this helps... it isn't as easy as I stated because you don't always get to clear 3 objectives
in one catacomb.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 10 2019 01:09am
Gold: 193.94
Warn: 10%
Feb 10 2019 01:12am
I also enjoy solo just so you know
Feb 10 2019 01:19am
I usually tend to finish the maze at level 1 then whistle to level 30 as navigating the maze takes forever. Just did another solo climb with explore from level 20 and no ambush.

Good to know about the party setup thanks!

Are there any other interesting quests I should go for?
Feb 10 2019 01:29am
Quote (Monze @ Feb 10 2019 08:19pm)
I usually tend to finish the maze at level 1 then whistle to level 30 as navigating the maze takes forever. Just did another solo climb with explore from level 20 and no ambush.

Good to know about the party setup thanks!

Are there any other interesting quests I should go for?

The only good objectives for myself are;
Maze
Pinch
Bits
Treasure Pest
... they all basically give extra stat points and equipment slots.

I hate sneaky at high levels because the vitality doesn't kick in until you get to the next level.
So, if Sneaky gave you 10 vitality points at level 15, this is worthwhile because you get the
benefits from level 16 onwards, whereas @ level 50 completion, you miss out on the 34 levels
of hit points... and even worse at higher levels... so definitely don't bother at level 60+
Feb 10 2019 01:55am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 10 Feb 2019 08:29)
The only good objectives for myself are;
Maze
Pinch
Bits
Treasure Pest
... they all basically give extra stat points and equipment slots.

I hate sneaky at high levels because the vitality doesn't kick in until you get to the next level.
So, if Sneaky gave you 10 vitality points at level 15, this is worthwhile because you get the
benefits from level 16 onwards, whereas @ level 50 completion, you miss out on the 34 levels
of hit points... and even worse at higher levels... so definitely don't bother at level 60+

Wasnt that changed so vita gives benefit regardless of your level? Once there was a great difference between statting vita first but not anymore
Gold: 135,869.63
Trader: Trusted
Feb 10 2019 02:25am
Quote (Monze @ 10 Feb 2019 08:55)
Wasnt that changed so vita gives benefit regardless of your level? Once there was a great difference between statting vita first but not anymore

It was changed, yes. But the vita granted from sneaky works the old way (the earlier lvls, the better)
Gold: 11,294.60
Feb 10 2019 02:48am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 9 Feb 2019 22:25)
It was changed, yes. But the vita granted from sneaky works the old way (the earlier lvls, the better)

interesting :thumbsup:
Feb 10 2019 02:52am
Quote (jedimagi @ Feb 10 2019 09:48pm)
interesting :thumbsup:

This also applies with Vitality Potions, it is best to use these at level 1, so TierI / II / III are the better ones to use/buy
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll