d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Why The Truth Is Important
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44,456.19
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2019 01:51am
if youir so dead set on this, why dont you not just get a compass and traverse the planet. surely that will proove who is right or wrong?
if the world is flat, where is the end? why dont you pioneer that place and tell us what you find.
its 2019, anyone with a bit of money can stick a go pro to a home made rocket, blast it off into what we call space and see if you can find "the end" or whether there is a curviture
your facts make no sense, its like you are ignoring science, your eyes, greater minds, and you dont even want to check for yourself. its like your brainwashed.
climb a mountain on the coastline, look at ships sailing off into the distance, why do they dissapear? thats the basic test.
you cant see curvature standing anywhere on the planet, because the planet is so big. please try to apply common sense and logic to this argument.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jun 18 2019 01:55am
Gold: 174.69
Jun 18 2019 07:59am
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 18 2019 05:21pm)
if youir so dead set on this, why dont you not just get a compass and traverse the planet. surely that will proove who is right or wrong?
if the world is flat, where is the end? why dont you pioneer that place and tell us what you find.
its 2019, anyone with a bit of money can stick a go pro to a home made rocket, blast it off into what we call space and see if you can find "the end" or whether there is a curviture
your facts make no sense, its like you are ignoring science, your eyes, greater minds, and you dont even want to check for yourself. its like your brainwashed.
climb a mountain on the coastline, look at ships sailing off into the distance, why do they dissapear? thats the basic test.
you cant see curvature standing anywhere on the planet, because the planet is so big. please try to apply common sense and logic to this argument.

*sighs*
Jun 18 2019 11:38am
ok so what I take from all this is that you dont believe in science. ok, different strokes different folks, i can live with that.
you dont agree that a compass is a an instrument to proove or disproove your ideaology, furthermore you make no comment to proove or disproove this theory when it is in your personal gift to do so, this suggests to me that your not even open to the suggestion that your wrong.

with regards to your image a quick google search will highlight that your image is incorrect. there have been North>South Circumnavigations.

if its not round, tell us what your theory is, are we on a disc or what, whats the science behind your theory? are we even in a solar system or are we in a giant bird cage/zoo being minded by ultimate beings?

Gold: 6.69
Jun 18 2019 12:06pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 18 2019 07:38pm)
ok so what I take from all this is that you dont believe in science. ok, different strokes different folks, i can live with that.
you dont agree that a compass is a an instrument to proove or disproove your ideaology, furthermore you make no comment to proove or disproove this theory when it is in your personal gift to do so, this suggests to me that your not even open to the suggestion that your wrong.

with regards to your image a quick google search will highlight that your image is incorrect. there have been North>South Circumnavigations.

if its not round, tell us what your theory is, are we on a disc or what, whats the science behind your theory? are we even in a solar system or are we in a giant bird cage/zoo being minded by ultimate beings?

He believes:

1) the earth is surrounded by an Ice Wall with an impenetrable dome covered by water on top

2) the stars are stuck the dome

3) the moon does not reflect the sun's light but gives off its own light
-to power its light source it charges by its rotation around the earth

4) lunar eclipses are caused by the moon going transparent

5) anything to disprove the GE or prove the FE is covered up by a worldwide conspiracy to control the masses

6) the sun does not set but moves out of your range of site with the laws of perspective but does not appear to get any smaller due to water in the atmosphere in gas form causing magnification

7) if you dont believe in FE you going to hell

I'm not kidding.
Jun 18 2019 12:14pm
but why does he not just test his theory? from what I have read on the subject there are alot of people that still have this idea, honestly, why are they not just pooling their resources to charter a plane to fly over the contested "impenetrable dome". Fly in a straight line and see where you get after 2000 miiles? and just to clarify, the idea is for flat earthers to carry out this experiment themselves (noting if scientists there would undoubtedly still be skeptism).

This post was edited by ferdia on Jun 18 2019 12:22pm
Jun 18 2019 12:21pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 18 2019 08:14pm)
but why does he not just test his theory? from what I have read on the subject there are alot of people that still have this idea, honestly, why are they not just pooling their resources to charter a plane to fly over the contested "impenetrable dome". Fly in a straight line and see where you get after 2000 miiles?

Asked him the same question

According to.him there are people to take you out if you get too close to the truth or something like that

Like the Ice Wall . FE believe Antarctica is not a continent but the Ice Wall surrounding the earth
Jun 18 2019 12:30pm
its just so wasteful of time/life. if you can proove you are right, why not just do so. this whole idea of "i am right, i dont care what you say, but i am not going to proove i am right"
to be fair to flat earthers though, i can see why the go pro idea wont wash with them ( i youtubed a few, since i was sure someone had done something like this ) since i can see several arguments that could be used to describe the footage, but the aeroplane flying in a straight line idea looks pretty straight forward...
Jun 18 2019 12:34pm
Agree and sadly the poor soul dedicates all his time to it. (Check his post history)

The FE should be easier to prove (like the Ice Wall) but nothing has surfaced so far
Gold: 174.69
Jun 18 2019 10:36pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 19 2019 03:44am)
but why does he not just test his theory? from what I have read on the subject there are alot of people that still have this idea, honestly, why are they not just pooling their resources to charter a plane to fly over the contested "impenetrable dome". Fly in a straight line and see where you get after 2000 miiles? and just to clarify, the idea is for flat earthers to carry out this experiment themselves (noting if scientists there would undoubtedly still be skeptism).

the same questions get asked over and over again from people who don't bother to research this topic. Read the original thread in my sig, the answers (you asked for) are posted there.
Jun 19 2019 12:38am
im on holidays in august for 2 weeks. it might take that long to read that thread. 118 pages holy moly.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll