d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Starcraft I & II > Zerg Imba
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Dec 1 2018 05:19pm

1Queen and i already have 66.6%full map of creep, 6min mark, thats more then Serral have
Because i started 1ste hatch near the middle of the map, at my 5the base location

New Zerg Macro Build, works great vs protoss aswell as terran
Hatch-Hatch-Pool-Queen-Lair-2Spine-Roach-Hydra-1Spore-Hatch
Roach-Hydra speed upgrade asap, ones have 6/8units
A few spines/spores are OP aswell,
At natural you build the Lair

That's Superspeed
So i did a forcefield runbye, when he surrender after

after the 7min mark, you follow up with 8-11Swarmhost and Broodlords, Overseerspeed, to force costeffective pushes
you can skip the Muta herass, since you already have great lategame units to defend with, but you need Spire anywhy
All Units you build can be idle for defend and macro, without loosing costeffectiveniss

i have 4/5 bases, was about to take another one and build infestor pit, when he pushed
plenty of larve for army, without injects needed
can split drones
can mine more gass
you not even need micro, you can spent all Larve, only ones per 45sec and still produce larva at 100%effectivniss

All army 1 group
A-click brootlords, wait 3sec
Release Locust, wait 3 sec
A-click all
And then a Vertical wall of Zerg colides upon the enemy army
Micro some if want to, like locust, hydra, rouch, swarmhost, and overseers
Can do without Broodlords, but need to retreat Hydra/Rouch when locust die
Gold: 3,620.64
Dec 11 2018 04:36am
my protoss would stomp ur zerg dog
Dec 11 2018 10:43am
Quote (GENIUS187 @ Dec 11 2018 10:36am)
my protoss would stomp ur zerg dog

there use to be 1 Protoss unit, that keep up with the great Zerg production.
It was not even a freeunit they created, it was the Carrier
4.7.1, interception build time, increased from 6to11seconds
a hatchery building tier1 crap zergling spent minerals twice as fast
i can a-click that shit now, not even needs to fuccusfire the carryair

at least you get the movement speed buff on your tempest
Tempest DPS: 16.97 ///cost 425coins
Zergling DPS:14.3 /// cost 31.25coins
Gold: 45,180.00
Dec 20 2018 08:26am
Hey

I'm just wondering but at what mmr are you playing this build?
Seems risky to me.
Dec 20 2018 02:59pm
Quote (Juvator @ Dec 20 2018 02:26pm)
Hey

I'm just wondering but at what mmr are you playing this build?
Seems risky to me.

3300MMR atm, not playing alot of games, more like 10to15 games per week.
95APM, 20%hotkey use, 20%micro, 66%macro, 66%planning

Double hatchery opening not that Risky as it looks.
it counters bunker or cannon rushes with a simple hatchery cancel, better then any 15pool
Triple larve production, 2 min before standard zerg builds complete a queen, basicly allow to pull drones cost effectivly against troll reaper units or simular herass
double or triple Spine crawler, allow 1queen+Lair to be produced, instead of 2or3queens at every hatchery 1

The Roack/hydra speed opening, i did in post1, allow to open Blind, and passively, no economic damage required in the eurly to midgame.

Ofc there are more openings/builds, like agressive openings
Double hatch opening (roach optional) into triple gass 8muta 5min mark
Spine crawlers can allow a roach rush and skip the zergling/bane fase in ZvZ
Proxy hatch or proxy Lair, 1base, 5min Swarmhost permapush.
Vs terrans, i may require a combination, muta 5min push, streight into roach/hydra defend, to swarmhost 3min after it, to broodlord tech up when do so.

You have 3 hatchery, to start economie
and you not need queens after that, you can tech up and build units, witch increase the minerals spent per larve.
your foodsupply is not taken bye 4to6queens, just 1, and the other units are gass units, not zerglings, surviving longer, you only trade freeunits ====> you nn 200 supply attacks and fast rebuild options===>60workers instead of 90
====>your ready faster====>you create the game speed and tempo

Compared to a pro-steamer-zerg-player.
my 3hatch opening allow me to spam workers a bit faster 1or2min sooner
Ones my pool complete, i have to little minerals to build 3queens, and spam larve, and spam workers, instead i tech up, and create workers without queen-larve, and create static defend
i build a queen asap my pool finish, but she spam a tumor instead of Larve, basicly everything completes at the same time, pool and hatcheries
i save money on queen, food, i sacrafice drones into spine crawler and extractors for even more food, and my 3e hatch provides food.
So my economie looks weaker, but i have more tech, more gass, can spent faster, more creep, and require less larve, and boost economie bigger meanwhile creating costeffective endgame army

Spine crawler super OP vs zergling, and vs Terran Hellion, and to save some time vs other units. Verry Op when do fast tech rush swarmhostproxy or muta

Spire/Infestor pit/greater spire, you may need it (unless ZvZ), muta is a great way to get 6to8 of them and get some things happening(may feel a bit cheezy), and leave the spire till lategame after that, meanwhile having corruptor options
Hydra works just great in combination with Roach, to give your army some swarmeffect and body.
Broodlords nice, but a bit risky to go mass broodlords, 8of them will do, swarmhost provide ground dominance aswell
Gold: 212,703.33
Dec 26 2018 08:48pm
Tommy is the best
Gold: 42.00
Dec 26 2018 10:35pm
Dude tommy has wealth of knowledge on all games
Jan 11 2019 12:37pm
thx dudes !

my ZvZ pool

''Workers can run through unit if you click on a mineral patch''

So you have 1 spine crawler.

And you can use workers, to run through other units, when click upper north miniral patch,
you can aa-click, and then click mineral patch again, to force enemy zergling movement/attack/canceled attack and block the movement to crawler.

you can trade 4workers against 20zerglings, with only 1 spine crawler
and you can kill 30zerglings with 2or3 spine crawlers
--------------

if you place pool 1unit to the left, (and the spine 1to the left, and 1 up)
1enemy zergling will be able to attack the spine, and the others may circle behind arround that 1 zergling, making it pretty obvious to your opponent he needs to pull back or micro better.

your worker pathing to the gassextractor is not that badly infuenced as it may look

Jan 14 2019 07:46pm
So when i play zerg vs zerg, i need to make alot of roaches
Vs other races i use Roach aswell, but nn as many of them

in ZvZ
i can all in zerglings, but
i often like to skip the zergling fase and go streight into roaches/spines.
and in roach vs roach its better to mix in 33%Hydra, for its a-click range, not more, since they not have alot of hitpoints making them not super cost effective
but, when enemy builds alot of muta, 33%hydra not cuts it
mostly they build zerglings+muta, and you may loose vs them when go 66%roach/33%hydra
i just overwhelmed a other zerg that had 33%roach+66%hydra vs my 66%roach+33%hydra, since i redraw my hydra when roach dies, and rebuilded them, for a second winning push

So i was considering to go blind, in ZvZ, Roach+muta?
i have seen some zerg do it, and beat my roach/hydra
it should be better then pure roach aswell
it may be hard vs 33%roach/66%hydra+spore crawlers
its a bit cheese to build muta in zerg vs zerg

Vs zergling runbye or roach runbye, i like to have a spine crawler at every base anywhy, so there is nn for real fast units like zerglings combined with muta

Did some swarmhost proxy vs other zergs, witch is verry rewarding, but may get discovered bye overlords sooner then vs other races
Ofc i could scout, but its not ezz to scout a zerg every time, better have it all.

-----------------------

Vs protoss and terran, its more fun! swarmhost and airunits verry good, when combined them with basic units.
Its sick
4muta (leftover from 8rush herass), 9roach+10hydra (leftover from swarmhost pushes, rebuild them when die)
9swarmhost (damage and tanking the first enemy wave of damage when you engage), 5broodlords (another freeunit broodlings to tank a-click damage)
3to8corrupters (for broodlords and to help hydra in anti-air), 15zerglings (to swarm for miniral dump in the endgame), 4overseers

Mostly when its broodlord time, it time for the final push, not means you can replace swarmhost for broodlords
But before, its great to have some verry eurly herass like 5min muta, or proxy-swarmhost, optional you just go greedy-macro-roach-hydra into swarmhost
Jan 23 2019 05:33am
lets talk about upgrades!

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Roach_(Legacy_of_the_Void)
Damage: 16 (+2)

ofc, vs some targets you need 5hits to kill them instead of 6, or things like that, but if have varius units, this comes less into play, so 18/16==>12.5%more dps from +1upgrades
if simply build 12.5%more roach instead of 12.5%more dps, you not only have same dps, but you also have more hitpoints(life) (not considering clustered up units dps lost)
therefore 6.25%more units is about same value as 12.5%more dps on thouse units (50%), this number varies depending on the unit, but a roach unit is a tank unit aswell

it cost 375Coins to get a evolution chamber with +1attack
a roach cost 125coins (incl food)
375/125=3
3/6.25%*100= if you have less then 48Roach build when have the upgrade, it may not even be good to give them +1upgrade
thats alot of roach

ofc when have max supply, upgrades makes army bigger
speed upgrades apply to offence and defence. makes it harder to value them in ''more units''

just saying
if not build more then 35roach/hydra/queen/(locust), that benefit from +1, in the entire game, you nn to upgrade them with +1
so in the eurly game, you not have 35fight units,
in the midgame, your eurly game units may have died, before you completed +1 (you need to have 35 (48) units alive or build after you completed the +1)
i not realy care about +1locust attack upgrades, its not only about damage when use swarmhost
so if i have broodlords, 4upgrades come into play, air/melee/airarmour/groundarmour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtoSZE5NnsE
lots of talk about 6shots to kill shit instead of 7shots! Breakpoints 1vs1 duels!

the only great example missing in this video, is BC vs corruptor and +1terran attack and +1zerg airarmour,
the only upgrades that realy effect a game outcome

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Broodling_(Legacy_of_the_Void)
25% more damage from +1
10%more Broodlord Damage from+1 : 20 (+2)
Alot of the damage from broodlords, comes from tanking the enemy with broodlings/other zoo, protecting your broodlords result in best dps

+/- on avarage
(25+10)/2 = 17.5%more broodlord dps from a melee and air upgrade
17.5/2no defence/2air and melee=4.4%more broodlords can replace any brood upgrade
300for a upgrade/600broodlord cost/4.4%*100=11 broodlords must be inplay to make +1upgrade costeffective

So, +1melee, can be cost effective, if sacraficed 80zerglings in the eurly/midgame, and have 5broodlords in the endgame

------------------
i tested +1zerg air upgrades for my muta-rush to abuce muta-life-regen,
Even when muta helps in mass army vs army fights, its not realy a a-click unit,
makes the +1airarmour upgrade not that huges, maybe when pull the overlords to fights, witch is not wize when wana rebuild

In zerg vs zerg, the ranged upgrade ofc helps roach aswell as hydra,
but lurkers and swarmhost and muta come in zerg vs zerg aswell

i often rush hydra/roach speed, even when i not max out on them,
sometimes i take zerglingspeed in the 12+min games, for lategame mineral dump

+1melee+1ranged on a single evolution chamber sounds decent cost effective if plan on using zerglings alot
may be nice vs protoss, and rush out some extra zerglings, if plan on microing them past the zealots to the stalkers

so yes, when techswap alot, +1+1upgrades not that usfull.
may do a solo evolution chamber in my next ZvZ, instead of the double
Go Back To Starcraft I & II Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll