d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > New To The Game, Need Advices > Ty
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 39.00
Nov 16 2018 07:14pm
Quote (Scherzer @ Nov 16 2018 09:08pm)
Lol no.

You just have to not play like a dumb dumb.

Ya'll softies are funny.

whats the difference between hc and sc if youre good? exact same deathless game.
Gold: 14,419.00
Nov 16 2018 07:15pm
Quote (Agent007 @ Nov 16 2018 09:14pm)
whats the difference between hc and sc if youre good? exact same deathless game.

Between us you mean? Apparently a lot.

You seem to make it sound like surviving 5 minutes on hc is impossible lol.

Besides that the answer is quite obviously the economy.

This post was edited by Scherzer on Nov 16 2018 07:22pm
Gold: 39.00
Nov 16 2018 07:22pm
Quote (Scherzer @ Nov 16 2018 09:15pm)
Between us you mean? Apparently a lot.

You seem to make it sound like surviving 5 minutes on hc is impossible lol.

Besides that the answer is quite obviously the economy.

well you said 5 mins of using a logout macro would make you want to kill yourself so i assume u die at least once per 5 min...
Gold: 14,419.00
Nov 16 2018 07:23pm
Quote (Agent007 @ Nov 16 2018 09:22pm)
well you said 5 mins of using a logout macro would make you want to kill yourself so i assume u die at least once per 5 min...

You must be thinking of your softcore character.
Gold: Locked
Nov 16 2018 10:40pm
The problem with ranger imo is that it can get costly and confusing to a new player later on. Yes you can just spam, but it's not that simple against stronger enemies.

Brand new starter I would suggest a witch zombie mancer. They're so easy to gear, and can crush content with ease after you put upgraded gear on them. I ran a couple last few leagues. I was doing tier 12 maps fairly easily with an investment of like 5-10c early on in the league? And they're meta is literally run in circles and let zombies shred. My build is very unique though as I've done it so many times, but I've seen builds where people don't even use curses, buffs, etc and just literally shield charge into everything and smash content.

I also know that ancestral warchief totem is a vaal skill now. So that might be really cool to play as a Templar Heirophant. It also be could be around 10c to make early on even if you decide between two hander or facebreakers.

I know people also use Arc turned into totems with them as well, but that will get very costly as the armor will be hard to get / buy.

This post was edited by lelkek on Nov 16 2018 10:43pm
Gold: 6,122.50
Nov 17 2018 03:35am
Quote (lelkek @ Nov 17 2018 04:40am)
The problem with ranger imo is that it can get costly and confusing to a new player later on. Yes you can just spam, but it's not that simple against stronger enemies.

Brand new starter I would suggest a witch zombie mancer. They're so easy to gear, and can crush content with ease after you put upgraded gear on them. I ran a couple last few leagues. I was doing tier 12 maps fairly easily with an investment of like 5-10c early on in the league? And they're meta is literally run in circles and let zombies shred. My build is very unique though as I've done it so many times, but I've seen builds where people don't even use curses, buffs, etc and just literally shield charge into everything and smash content.

I also know that ancestral warchief totem is a vaal skill now. So that might be really cool to play as a Templar Heirophant. It also be could be around 10c to make early on even if you decide between two hander or facebreakers.

I know people also use Arc turned into totems with them as well, but that will get very costly as the armor will be hard to get / buy.

I won't go HC for now, maybe later, when I'll know better what I'm doing :)

So you say that the ranger is not a good starting choice because of the gear, which is expensive...any alternative to the marauder is welcome (a friend of mine will start the new league with that character and I don't want to make a clone character).

Nov 17 2018 04:45am
Tri herald blade vortex elementalist
Skelly/zombie/spectre summoner
Warchief totem whichever class of your preference
Arc/glacial cascade totems
Arc/glacial cascade mines
Arc/glacial cascade traps

Any of those require little investment and are very beginner friendly.
Google a guide to find something that fits your play style.
All but the warchief will be using different gear than your friend going for the marauder (whichever build he chooses) which makes it easier for the two of you to help each other with gear upgrades during leveling.
Gold: 6,122.50
Nov 17 2018 05:15am
Quote (Robiz @ Nov 17 2018 10:45am)
Tri herald blade vortex elementalist
Skelly/zombie/spectre summoner
Warchief totem whichever class of your preference
Arc/glacial cascade totems
Arc/glacial cascade mines
Arc/glacial cascade traps

Any of those require little investment and are very beginner friendly.
Google a guide to find something that fits your play style.
All but the warchief will be using different gear than your friend going for the marauder (whichever build he chooses) which makes it easier for the two of you to help each other with gear upgrades during leveling.

Thanks, I think I'll move to the Witch (arc or blade vortex). I'm watching some videos and both seem really cool :drool:
Nov 17 2018 06:43am
Quote (Soundred @ 17 Nov 2018 13:15)
Thanks, I think I'll move to the Witch (arc or blade vortex). I'm watching some videos and both seem really cool :drool:

Glad you found something to your liking.
Myself I do not like to self cast arc. I would go hierophant arc totems or saboteur arc traps.
I like blade vortex elementalist as its very quality of life and damage output scales well to endgame. All of them relies very little on gear!
Gold: 1,615.87
Nov 17 2018 06:52am
Tri Herald BV Elementalist is fun... stack up some blade and focus on movement.

Should help you to learn some mechanics since you can focus more on positioning instead of worrying about attacking.

The screen explosions & sounds are satisfying as well lol.

Quote (Scherzer @ Nov 16 2018 07:43pm)
This.

5 minutes of sc makes me want to shoot myself.

Not everyone uses logout macros lol...

5 minutes of using a logout macro would make me want to shoot myself as well.

So in other words ... you're bad & die a lot.
It's okay m8

This post was edited by TpazpoW27 on Nov 17 2018 06:52am
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll