d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo Immortal > Cancel Diablo Immortal > Force Blizzard To Stfu And Make D4
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,364.01
Nov 6 2018 02:34pm
Quote (SBD @ Nov 6 2018 10:33pm)
Correct. You also have to account that this is a newer trend and the expected shift will continue.

Capitalism at its best.

It also really plays on addiction especially gambling. You can take your phone put anywhere and start opening loot boxes.

is this where next generations imagination dies?

#idiocracy

This post was edited by Crud1ty on Nov 6 2018 02:38pm
Gold: 10.00
Nov 6 2018 02:39pm
Quote (Crud1ty @ Nov 6 2018 12:34pm)

I think it’s already mostly dead. :(
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 6 2018 02:44pm
Quote (Crud1ty @ Nov 6 2018 04:34pm)

#idiocracy

It's getting there. Hopefully Indy companies like grinding gears and the makers of grim dawn that don't need to have continuing quarterly growth targets to hit that ever increase make good games.

Profit motive does not care about imagination if it's more profitable to exploit gambling habits then that's what will happen.
Gold: 33.00
Nov 6 2018 02:47pm
DI is probably cancelled, bli$$ will make all their IPs on mobile in future (new diablo mobile not comfirmed atm x)
Gold: 175.01
Nov 6 2018 03:18pm
Quote (SBD @ Nov 6 2018 04:44pm)
It's getting there. Hopefully Indy companies like grinding gears and the makers of grim dawn that don't need to have continuing quarterly growth targets to hit that ever increase make good games.

Profit motive does not care about imagination if it's more profitable to exploit gambling habits then that's what will happen.

Grinding Gears is owned by TenCent
I wouldn't call that indy
Nov 6 2018 03:26pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Nov 6 2018 05:18pm)
Grinding Gears is owned by TenCent
I wouldn't call that indy

True I forgot about that. Poe mobile incoming.
Gold: 25,008.00
Nov 6 2018 04:19pm
Responding to the general sentiment: ** Profit motive killing good games and only allowing for mobile games that appeal to the masses **

Quote (SBD @ Nov 6 2018 04:33pm)
Correct. You also have to account that this is a newer trend and the expected shift will continue.

Capitalism at its best.

It also really plays on addiction especially gambling. You can take your phone put anywhere and start opening loot boxes.

its not like all the gaming companies are going to switch to mobile...
and if they did, that would just leave a huge void, a huge $_$ opportunity in the PC gaming market.

just because its more profitable to sell candy dost mean everyone is going to stop selling bananas.

i think we will see alot more progress in the PC games, and we will eventually get that ground breaking arpg game that keeps us busy for the next 20years.
and now with blizzard's action-rpg fans turely pissed off, now is the ideal time for someone else to come along and displace them from the serious gaming market.

if blizzard comes back in 3 years and tries to put up a fight to win back the market... then that's going to create some serious competition, and we will get an amazing game out of it.

This post was edited by KickassB1tch on Nov 6 2018 04:34pm
Nov 6 2018 04:41pm
Quote (KickassB1tch @ Nov 6 2018 06:19pm)
Responding to the general sentiment: ** Profit motive killing good games and only allowing for mobile games that appeal to the masses **

its not like all the gaming companies are going to switch to mobile...
and if they did, that would just leave a huge void, a huge $_$ opportunity in the PC gaming market.

just because its more profitable to sell candy dost mean everyone is going to stop selling bananas.

i think we will see alot more progress in the PC games, and we will eventually get that ground breaking arpg game that keeps us busy for the next 20years.
and now with blizzard's action-rpg fans turely pissed off, now is the ideal time for someone else to come along and displace them from the serious gaming market.

if blizzard comes back in 3 years and tries to put up a fight to win back the market... then that's going to create some serious competition, and we will get an amazing game out of it.

You're example is lacking the fact that this is a public company traded on the world's largest stock exchange that is now pressured by quarterly growth targets.

Yes some companies will fill the void. Will it be blizzard who knows.
Gold: 175.01
Nov 6 2018 04:48pm
Art markets have cycles where the industry is too afraid to do anything risky and just makes what gets them paid reliably.
When something "groundbreaking" comes out and makes a killing companies relax and go back to trying new things.

You saw it in animation during the 70s and 80s and in film during the 90s and (to a lesser extent) now
You saw it in console gaming time and time again again.

While its true that blizzard will continue to pump out trash because that's the direction activision wants them to take (and the only one available to a company who has bled out all of its talent to other studios), the game industry as a whole doesn't focus on chinese pay-to-win mobile games. Those games are most successful when made by smaller studios because they're *usually* cheap to make. What makes this company that blizzard is wearing as a condom interesting is that they dump more money than is really necessary into developing mobile games. That means the new diablo game will be upgraded from trash to pretty trash

They've made what basically amounts to an MMO ripoff of torchlight II and found a way to make it run okay on a phone.
In that context, it really is the proper successor to diablo 3 because diablo 3 was, itself, a bad ripoff of torchlight II
Gold: 25,008.00
Nov 6 2018 04:59pm
Quote (SBD @ Nov 6 2018 06:41pm)
You're example is lacking the fact that this is a public company traded on the world's largest stock exchange that is now pressured by quarterly growth targets.

Yes some companies will fill the void. Will it be blizzard who knows.

agreed.

i think they will lose the battle. i mean they kinda forfeited this round.
d3 isnt hard to beat, and d2 is really old. they have no plans to offer anything else for the foreseeable future.

oh well, whats next?

I watched a video showcaseing POE the other night, little late to the party but i'm probably not the only one.
Go Back To Diablo Immortal Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic