d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball >
Poll > Does The Nl Have A Default Advantage In The Ws?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 250.00
Oct 30 2018 05:11am
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 30 2018 12:52am)
ya think? Let's look at this series as an example

Boston's home advantage:
Sox DH is better than the Dodger's DH

Boston's road disadvantage:
Benintendi is taken out of the lineup
They have an inferior defensive right fielder
They have a slightly inferior pitcher batting at the plate (NL pitcher has experience hitting and sacrificing all year)

If this is what you meant by your previous posts, then I can see where you are coming from. An AL team and and NL team may have both been equally willing and able to offer JD Martinez an identical contract, but he chose the AL team because he could DH. This is valid and it gets thrown into the pool along with the other reasons I mentioned above.

boston gets to choose from an mvp level hitter in RF and benintendi, i dont consider that a disadvantage at all. that means one of the two can pinch hit or play later, where an NL team simply doesnt have options that are that good. they either have an every situation RF and a mediocre bench bat or a platoon situation obv not as good as those players.
Gold: 1,120.01
Oct 30 2018 05:42am
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 29 2018 09:19pm)
Before the DH, the AL was 42-28 in the WS
Since the DH, the AL is 25-20

Obvious conclusion: The league tried to nerf the AL by giving it a DH. It worked to an extent, but the nerf wasn't big enough to overcome the natural advantage the AL had simply due to the Sox and Yanks both being in it.

Lol the DH was added 1973 and the Red Sox weren't relevant until 2004
Gold: 0.00
Oct 30 2018 10:37am
Honestly think the WS needs to adopt the ASG rule and have a DH at all times. Yea the NL doesnt hire ppl to DH but almost every team in the NL has at least 1 guy they would like to hit 3 or 4 times besides taking out a pitcher doing good because its 1-1 in the 6th.and hes only at 74 pitches and his spot is up to bat with a runner on 2nd

This post was edited by FLCKennedy on Oct 30 2018 10:38am
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 30 2018 04:06pm
Among the other factors, there's also the fact that the AL team's big hitter (DH) is more likely to stay in better health throughout the season and therefore be in better shape in the WS.

Earlier I conceded that Genetics had a point that a big hitter may be more likely to sign with an AL team because he can DH. But I realized that the inverse may be true as well: a star pitcher may choose to go to the NL where he thinks he can put up better stats against weaker lineups.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Oct 30 2018 04:09pm
Gold: 250.00
Oct 30 2018 05:55pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 30 2018 05:06pm)
Among the other factors, there's also the fact that the AL team's big hitter (DH) is more likely to stay in better health throughout the season and therefore be in better shape in the WS.

Earlier I conceded that Genetics had a point that a big hitter may be more likely to sign with an AL team because he can DH. But I realized that the inverse may be true as well: a star pitcher may choose to go to the NL where he thinks he can put up better stats against weaker lineups.

i could certainly see the pitcher thing remaining reasonable, especially a pitcher avoiding the AL East, with the big lineups and small hitter friendly parks. luckily, thats also the division with all the money to persuade pitchers otherwise (minus TB).
Gold: 1,120.01
Oct 30 2018 07:36pm
Quote (FLCKennedy @ Oct 30 2018 12:37pm)
Honestly think the WS needs to adopt the ASG rule and have a DH at all times. Yea the NL doesnt hire ppl to DH but almost every team in the NL has at least 1 guy they would like to hit 3 or 4 times besides taking out a pitcher doing good because its 1-1 in the 6th.and hes only at 74 pitches and his spot is up to bat with a runner on 2nd

lol.... you haven't seen the Mets bench. I'm more confident with some of our pitchers.

You can't fundamentally adopt that the WS has a DH, that's an incredible disadvantage to the NL teams. Now, if we said that 1 guy on every NL team could legally juice, then maybe it could balance the power a bit.
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll