d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Question About Trap Doors > Please Help
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 13 2018 12:01pm
I suppose I am missing it but I can't find information on trapdoors in the information pages.

What happens when you go in a trap door other than the map resetting?

It seems the monsters are harder in the trapdoors areas, is this true?

Are drop ates affected?

Additionally I had a couple questions about whistling. When whistling are the drop rates for whisted mobs the same as the ones found exploring?

Does this hold true if you lower the level of the mobs being whistled?

Many thanks to anyone willing to help.
:thumbsup:
Gold: 18,145.28
Trader: Trusted
Oct 13 2018 12:06pm
PM TTim and Phirip they will gladly provide information
Gold: 79,066.03
Oct 13 2018 12:44pm
Quote (JanMcCrank @ Oct 13 2018 02:06pm)
PM TTim and Phirip they will gladly provide information

:rolleyes:

It’s a trap! Nothing good comes from a trap. Atleast that’s what some people say. The monsters do get more difficult. Some people say that can lead to better drops.

My take on them is if your gear can handle it, then drive on. If gear not so great, remake.

Explore drops > whistle drops.

Whistling below your level will yield less XP and less drops.

Anything else PM me :)
Gold: 0.00
Oct 13 2018 01:14pm
Quote (hasteful @ Oct 13 2018 12:44pm)
:rolleyes:

It’s a trap! Nothing good comes from a trap. Atleast that’s what some people say. The monsters do get more difficult. Some people say that can lead to better drops.

My take on them is if your gear can handle it, then drive on. If gear not so great, remake.

Explore drops > whistle drops.

Whistling below your level will yield less XP and less drops.

Anything else PM me :)

:hail:
Gold: 5.97
Oct 13 2018 01:29pm
Should be noted that there's no real proof that whistle drops aren't as good as explore drops other than the fact that you don't get EPs / treasure chests from whistling
Gold: 8,698.33
Oct 13 2018 02:06pm
Quote (McDavid @ Oct 14 2018 08:29am)
Should be noted that there's no real proof that whistle drops aren't as good as explore drops other than the fact that you don't get EPs / treasure chests from whistling

Season 24 showed a few sexy items found while whistling.

As you stated, the only difference is that EPs supposedly get better chance because they drop Magical + items, unless you get the random zero (0) drop count.
Treasure chests got a buff, but don't count on those as I have found a lot of junk when testing 20+ TC maps, haven't found anything useful from a TC yet.

Needs more testing = TDs are around 2-3 level harder monster than your character level, even if you go down 5 consecutive TD one after another, they won't be much higher than your level.
TDs slow you down a lot though.

As stated previously... if you can handle it, can put up with the reduced speed, then go for gold.
Gold: 16,378.27
Oct 13 2018 02:07pm
Quote (McDavid @ Oct 13 2018 09:29am)

The reason we say that explore drops are better than whistle drops is not just EPs and treasure chests, but also that explored monsters can spawn above the driver level, so drops can definitely reach a higher tier in explore compared with whistle. Often we see that item quality is better in explore because of this, but that doesn’t mean that drops are “better” since whistle seems to result in more white drops... and that could be more valuable, depending on playstyle and needs.

I’m a bit too busy now for a full wall of text, but If there are questions that remain unanswered in this topic and people are still interested in trapdoors, I’ll add a longer response when I have time.

I’m not sure that this has been said yet, so I’ll add the most basic thing we know about trapdoors. It’s that each trapdoor adds 1-5 monster levels above the driver level (random between those values). This addition is cumulative between trapdoors, but resets upon leaving game/group or opening a map. The main benefit of trapdoors seems to be increasing the tier of items that can drop, since that is dependent on monster level. This is generally considered to be a net detriment when reduced speed of kills is taken into consideration... but some crazy players like me would still rather fight tougher monsters... even if just for fun :)
Gold: 575.25
Oct 13 2018 04:49pm
What facts are you basing this information on? Seems quite speculative to me.
Gold: 5.97
Oct 14 2018 07:49am
Quote (BWConformity @ Oct 13 2018 03:07pm)
The reason we say that explore drops are better than whistle drops is not just EPs and treasure chests, but also that explored monsters can spawn above the driver level, so drops can definitely reach a higher tier in explore compared with whistle. Often we see that item quality is better in explore because of this, but that doesn’t mean that drops are “better” since whistle seems to result in more white drops... and that could be more valuable, depending on playstyle and needs.

I’m a bit too busy now for a full wall of text, but If there are questions that remain unanswered in this topic and people are still interested in trapdoors, I’ll add a longer response when I have time.

I’m not sure that this has been said yet, so I’ll add the most basic thing we know about trapdoors. It’s that each trapdoor adds 1-5 monster levels above the driver level (random between those values). This addition is cumulative between trapdoors, but resets upon leaving game/group or opening a map. The main benefit of trapdoors seems to be increasing the tier of items that can drop, since that is dependent on monster level. This is generally considered to be a net detriment when reduced speed of kills is taken into consideration... but some crazy players like me would still rather fight tougher monsters... even if just for fun :)

proof?

Quote (izParagonzi @ Oct 13 2018 03:06pm)
Season 24 showed a few sexy items found while whistling.

As you stated, the only difference is that EPs supposedly get better chance because they drop Magical + items, unless you get the random zero (0) drop count.
Treasure chests got a buff, but don't count on those as I have found a lot of junk when testing 20+ TC maps, haven't found anything useful from a TC yet.

Needs more testing = TDs are around 2-3 level harder monster than your character level, even if you go down 5 consecutive TD one after another, they won't be much higher than your level.
TDs slow you down a lot though.

As stated previously... if you can handle it, can put up with the reduced speed, then go for gold.

proof?
Gold: 8,698.33
Oct 14 2018 12:56pm
Quote (McDavid @ Oct 15 2018 02:49am)
proof?

proof?

Based off individual Experience points given per monster... not the experience % you see on the bar. An Evil Presence only gives double the amount of actual experience point of a normal monster... note: you have to find the Average gain.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll