d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 29.00
Nov 28 2018 12:28pm
Quote (Chuu @ Nov 28 2018 04:15am)
This show doesn't even have fan service
And I'm very glad for that

it has very little i'd say but it's nowhere near what he thinks it has.
definitely nowhere near an ecchi series level of fanservice. (which he seems to make it out to be)

the only reason this would seem like a poor plot is because...well it's an Isekai and it's a genre that's overused to the point where it might seem poorly written because you've seen the story a hundred times before.
though this series is pretty decent and enjoyable, also pretty nicely animated which is a plus.

I'd hope that if Re:Monster ever gets and anime that it's on this level of quality.
Man i feel like that anime would have matched up so well with this season since it also has Goblins.

This post was edited by Dragonox on Nov 28 2018 12:33pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 28 2018 01:25pm
You just going to keep ignoring that within 10 episodes an entire episode was wasted on fan service? How can anyone be optimistic about the quality of a show remaining even above average if they're pulling that kinda shit that early on? The amount of fan service overall before that point wasn't unbearable or even that bad, a couple of episodes were heavier than others, but entire episodes focused around fan service before the show has even done anything is lazy, boring, and bad.

I said I liked it in the beginning and nowhere did I once say the show had heavy fan service throughout. Is it easier for you to feel like you're winning when you're arguing against shit you make up yourself, or what? I'm honestly not sure how the mind of a pedophile works, but it seems as though you prefer fiction to fact in all facets of life.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 28 2018 01:39pm
Gold: 24.40
Nov 28 2018 02:18pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 28 2018 01:25pm)
You just going to keep ignoring that within 10 episodes an entire episode was wasted on fan service? How can anyone be optimistic about the quality of a show remaining even above average if they're pulling that kinda shit that early on? The amount of fan service overall before that point wasn't unbearable or even that bad, a couple of episodes were heavier than others, but entire episodes focused around fan service before the show has even done anything is lazy, boring, and bad.

I said I liked it in the beginning and nowhere did I once say the show had heavy fan service throughout. Is it easier for you to feel like you're winning when you're arguing against shit you make up yourself, or what? I'm honestly not sure how the mind of a pedophile works, but it seems as though you prefer fiction to fact in all facets of life.

are you talking about when the slime was in that restaurant talking with the dwarfs?
Nov 28 2018 02:23pm
Quote (Marley @ Nov 28 2018 01:18pm)
are you talking about when the slime was in that restaurant talking with the dwarfs?

Been a week or so now, but I think that's when I got annoyed with it. Had moments of it being annoying earlier, but nothing that made me audibly groan or want to fast forward.
Gold: 24.40
Nov 28 2018 02:26pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 28 2018 02:23pm)
Been a week or so now, but I think that's when I got annoyed with it. Had moments of it being annoying earlier, but nothing that made me audibly groan or want to fast forward.

that didnt seem like fan service at all. i personally hate fan service and i had no problem with it.
also, im pretty sure they were all grown women, not little teenage girls moaning and making a big deal of nothing.
Nov 28 2018 04:27pm
Quote (Marley @ Nov 28 2018 01:26pm)
that didnt seem like fan service at all. i personally hate fan service and i had no problem with it.
also, im pretty sure they were all grown women, not little teenage girls moaning and making a big deal of nothing.

What? It's still fan service if it's T&A, it doesn't matter if it's weirdo pedo shit like that Dragon guy is obsessed with, or if it's adult women, but weird kid shit does make it way fucking worse.

e: Apparently you just have no idea what that means....

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 28 2018 04:30pm
Nov 28 2018 04:34pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 28 2018 01:25pm)

an entire episode wasn't wasted on fan service, it was a well written celebration point that lead to an altercation that was very important for the plot. dunno wtf you watched.
well within 2 posts you went from "is this show good" to "AHH this show is some kind of 13yr old T&A fantasy, BAD SHOW!!!"
even following up later with some kind of made up percentage of "filling 25% of a show with this shit as lazy and pointless pandering trash"
then so on.

seem like you were saying it had a lot of fanservice to me.

Quote (Marley @ Nov 28 2018 02:18pm)

that was Hostess club.
the whole purpose of those is to be served on by attractive women.
There's even male versions called host clubs (I'm sure most people have heard of or seen Ouran High School Host Club)

Nov 28 2018 04:38pm
Quote (Dragonox @ Nov 28 2018 03:34pm)
an entire episode wasn't wasted on fan service, it was a well written celebration point that lead to an altercation that was very important for the plot. dunno wtf you watched.
well within 2 posts you went from "is this show good" to "AHH this show is some kind of 13yr old T&A fantasy, BAD SHOW!!!"
even following up later with some kind of made up percentage of "filling 25% of a show with this shit as lazy and pointless pandering trash"
then so on.

seem like you were saying it had a lot of fanservice to me.

that was Hostess club.
the whole purpose of those is to be served on by attractive women.
There's even male versions called host clubs (I'm sure most people have heard of or seen Ouran High School Host Club)

Your reading comprehension is atrocious

I also legitimately feel bad for you if you considered that as "well written".

OMG, she's moving her hands, does that mean we're going to have sex *insert prolonged moaning for no reason*. Ya, what a masterpiece..... I do believe I turned off the episode before finishing it, so maybe it got better, but I don't know how anyone could deny the fan service in this show... It's been a constant theme lol. It's been less than plenty of other shows, but again, if by episode fucking 4 (I honestly thought I was further in), they're wasting half an episode on that shit, It doesn't give me a lot of hope for the show.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 28 2018 04:48pm
Nov 28 2018 04:57pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 28 2018 04:38pm)
Your reading comprehension is atrocious

I also legitimately feel bad for you if you considered that as "well written".

well it's wasn't any kind of award winning plot.
but it was a pretty standard bar scenario that was written well.

shit in real life throws down just the same.
go out to celebrate with some ladies, asshole ruins the moment, asshole gets rekt, you get thrown out.
art imitates life. (or was it the other way around, forget the saying)

This post was edited by Dragonox on Nov 28 2018 05:02pm
Nov 28 2018 05:04pm
Quote (Dragonox @ Nov 28 2018 03:57pm)
well it's wasn't any kind of award winning plot.
but it was a pretty standard bar scenario that was written well.

shit in real life throws down just the same.
go out to celebrate with some ladies, asshole ruins the moment, asshole gets rekt, you get thrown out.
art imitates life.

So the standard for something being well written is that it could actually happen? What kind of logic is that lol. The show had been entertaining and fairly original throughout until that episode, but that was a terrible fucking episode, at least what I saw of it. Fan service which was then followed by cliche after cliche... This kind of shit you expect in any show, but it happening so early on is what gave me a pessimistic outlook and that should be an understandable complaint/concern.

e: Finished the episode and I did enjoy the rest of it. It veered away from where I had assumed it was going (something I usually enjoy) and it introduced some possibly entertaining characters. Will give the show another real shot after a few more episodes have come out.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 28 2018 05:20pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll