d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 137.01
Nov 28 2018 05:36pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 28 2018 04:04pm)
So the standard for something being well written is that it could actually happen? What kind of logic is that lol. The show had been entertaining and fairly original throughout until that episode, but that was a terrible fucking episode, at least what I saw of it. Fan service which was then followed by cliche after cliche... This kind of shit you expect in any show, but it happening so early on is what gave me a pessimistic outlook and that should be an understandable complaint/concern.

e: Finished the episode and I did enjoy the rest of it. It veered away from where I had assumed it was going (something I usually enjoy) and it introduced some possibly entertaining characters. Will give the show another real shot after a few more episodes have come out.

You're making a big deal off of fan service.

It's never going away, deal with it.
Gold: 1,272.08
Nov 28 2018 05:36pm
There was barely any fan service. If you focus on the plot, you won't even notice it. Plus like the poster above said, it was a celebration.

It's like watching a tv show with a hot actress (or actor whichever you prefer), you notice it but you don't pay much attention to it ^^

This post was edited by ZergBer on Nov 28 2018 05:36pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 28 2018 05:45pm
Quote (Touhou @ Nov 28 2018 04:36pm)
You're making a big deal off of fan service.

It's never going away, deal with it.

I don't expect it too, but I'll always aim to watch shows with less than more.

Quote (ZergBer @ Nov 28 2018 04:36pm)
There was barely any fan service. If you focus on the plot, you won't even notice it. Plus like the poster above said, it was a celebration.

It's like watching a tv show with a hot actress (or actor whichever you prefer), you notice it but you don't pay much attention to it ^^

No... it's really not. If that actress was constantly bending over or walking around half nude, then yes, but that's never the case. You can have attractive women in a show or women with large breasts without it being gratuitous. This show hasn't been horrible in the fan service department overall, but for the millionth time, it doesn't bode well for any show to focus so heavily on it during any episode so early on.
Gold: 21.78
Nov 28 2018 09:13pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 28 Nov 2018 15:25)
You just going to keep ignoring that within 10 episodes an entire episode was wasted on fan service? How can anyone be optimistic about the quality of a show remaining even above average if they're pulling that kinda shit that early on? The amount of fan service overall before that point wasn't unbearable or even that bad, a couple of episodes were heavier than others, but entire episodes focused around fan service before the show has even done anything is lazy, boring, and bad.

I said I liked it in the beginning and nowhere did I once say the show had heavy fan service throughout. Is it easier for you to feel like you're winning when you're arguing against shit you make up yourself, or what? I'm honestly not sure how the mind of a pedophile works, but it seems as though you prefer fiction to fact in all facets of life.

Which entire episode was fan service?
Nov 28 2018 10:56pm
Quote (Chuu @ Nov 28 2018 08:13pm)
Which entire episode was fan service?

It was only half the episode. I had already said it was half the episode multiple times and by my 4th or 5th response (the one you quoted) I was resorting to hyperbole. Seemed pretty clear from the get go that what I was saying or attempting to convey was irrelevant to people here. Fan service, or character development that's aimed towards making it easier to swallow later on has been a continuing theme throughout the first five episodes, and I'm sure it has continued throughout the remaining ones I've yet to watch. People would rather insult anyone who dislikes fan service, rather than discuss the merits of a show resorting to lazy and boring shit so early on as being a bad omen, which it almost always is.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 28 2018 10:57pm
Gold: 21.78
Nov 28 2018 11:09pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 29 Nov 2018 00:56)
It was only half the episode. I had already said it was half the episode multiple times and by my 4th or 5th response (the one you quoted) I was resorting to hyperbole. Seemed pretty clear from the get go that what I was saying or attempting to convey was irrelevant to people here. Fan service, or character development that's aimed towards making it easier to swallow later on has been a continuing theme throughout the first five episodes, and I'm sure it has continued throughout the remaining ones I've yet to watch. People would rather insult anyone who dislikes fan service, rather than discuss the merits of a show resorting to lazy and boring shit so early on as being a bad omen, which it almost always is.

I mean I'm not trying to insult you I was just curious.
Personally I dont think it has that much fan service. Just subtle things.
I've actually been thoroughly happy with how little fan service there is in this show.

Considering it's a show about a slime I'd imagine it to be full blown ecchi
Nov 28 2018 11:39pm
Quote (Chuu @ Nov 28 2018 10:09pm)
I mean I'm not trying to insult you I was just curious.
Personally I dont think it has that much fan service. Just subtle things.
I've actually been thoroughly happy with how little fan service there is in this show.

Considering it's a show about a slime I'd imagine it to be full blown ecchi

I just see it going that way once our MC is surrounded by a mostly female supporting cast. It has been minimal thus far, with the exception of the one episode in question, but there's plenty of setup for it to go full 25%+ of every episode with this shit. Just one of those things that I don't mind in moderation, but an excess amount is always something I'll see as lazy and it turns me off from a show almost immediately.
Dec 1 2018 08:17am
Last few episodes have been significantly better than the rest of the show. The animation is pretty amazing. I'm glad I caught up and I understand a little better the flame I received for being irritated by fan service, when there was like absolutely zero in the last three episodes, but I still have my reservations about this.
Gold: 17,071.70
Dec 1 2018 08:48am
dropped because of what happened to Shizue

This post was edited by Lray on Dec 1 2018 08:48am
Gold: 137.01
Dec 1 2018 09:55am
Quote (Lray @ Dec 1 2018 07:48am)
dropped because of what happened to Shizue

Good, Danderes are the most useless plot characters for an Isekai.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll