d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ls Gameplay Issues > What Needs To Be Updated Asap
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Sep 18 2018 04:42am
Hi,

Since I am not sure who is developing this or who is the PM on it, I am addressing the gameplay developers, be it njaguar or whoever else:

You have created a nice little home project here, but I noticed that in the past months you have developed quite a lot of features for it, without actually pausing to see what you have in reality:

1) How hard is it to remember popin placement of windows relative to the viewport? Considering everyone is logged in, it is EPIC simple to just remember this so we don't have to enter game, rearrange windows of inventory/shrine/loot etc, every time..

2) How hard is it to remember the last whistle level set? Or the last volume set? Or the key bindings for the different skills? Why do we have to reconfigure the game every time we log in?

3) Tradeskill leveling is too slow... Nobody has time to invest to train good transmuting or good glyphing or fishing or anything. They are quite useless at low level, and take tons of time to skill up. (this can wait as most new players just ignore those 'features')

Having said the above, my advise to you is - stop developing new stuff and focus to clean up some basic gameplay QOL features, that every non-junior-written game in 2018 has.
Sep 18 2018 04:49am
P.S. Some moderator to lock the comments, I don't want this to turn into a flame spam, because I know the community is not very bright.
Gold: 10,683.52
Sep 18 2018 05:01am
Answer to number 2

Why would you whistle anything below the level you are currently on as soon as you log in?
Sep 18 2018 05:05am
Quote (slushslush @ Sep 18 2018 02:01pm)
Answer to number 2

Why would you whistle anything below the level you are currently on as soon as you log in?

You probably have 2-3 sets of different weapons/armors for the different classes with 100+ ee on each right? Well new players don't. That is why I have brought up multiple times the topic that the ladder reset should delete all gear. So people like you don't forget themselves, and the game.

When you whistle for lvl 1 you can charge up a skill that charges with `on hit` and use it on the next pack, especially helpful on those lvl 60+ monsters. Also, if you are a group with someone lower, you might want to get them to catch up with you by whistling their level. And tons of more reasons... One of them, BECAUSE IT EXISTS AS OPTION.
Gold: 7,863.56
Sep 18 2018 05:10am
Quote (netwarrior @ Sep 18 2018 08:05am)
You probably have 2-3 sets of different weapons/armors for the different classes with 100+ ee on each right? Well new players don't. That is why I have brought up multiple times the topic that the ladder reset should delete all gear. So people like you don't forget themselves, and the game.

If this were to take place I predict that 99.999% of LS participation would go the way of the Dodo bird

Sep 18 2018 05:21am
Quote (Paparick @ Sep 18 2018 02:10pm)
If this were to take place I predict that 99.999% of LS participation would go the way of the Dodo bird

If chance to get good items gets increased by a bit in a way that everyone has good chance to find good items, before ladder reset, that wont be an issue - just like every other game in internet @ 1995+.

Also, if people are too lazy and hope to just toss few thousand FG at an item and then pass it to their grandchildren, then good riddance of those.
Gold: 138,154.38
Trader: Trusted
Sep 18 2018 05:26am
Quote (netwarrior @ 18 Sep 2018 12:21)
If chance to get good items gets increased by a bit in a way that everyone has good chance to find good items, before ladder reset, that wont be an issue - just like every other game in internet @ 1995+.

Also, if people are too lazy and hope to just toss few thousand FG at an item and then pass it to their grandchildren, then good riddance of those.

If you want a game that is just like any other game then why not play any other game?
LS is not like any other game therefore it doesnt need to be changed to be like any other game.
LS is not like PoE for example where you get all your gear rdy in 2 weeks. Gathering LS gear takes years. Get over it and collect your own gear and put some effort into it or just let it be. You are not forced to get good. Not the people are too lazy, you are too lazy to put effort into the game.
Gold: 7,863.56
Sep 18 2018 05:27am
Quote (netwarrior @ Sep 18 2018 08:21am)
If chance to get good items gets increased by a bit in a way that everyone has good chance to find good items,

Sep 18 2018 05:33am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Sep 18 2018 02:26pm)
If you want a game that is just like any other game then why not play any other game?
LS is not like any other game therefore it doesnt need to be changed to be like any other game.

Let me translate your logic:

Every hammer has a non-slippery handle material, but our hammer is unlike any other, so we don't need it. We just let it slip and people drop it, and we will introduce a diamond ending on the handle, just to make it fancy, nobody cares that it is missing major QOL features.

Being different is cool, when you have all the bases covered, but being a tiny little pet-project, which was developed at home in the free time to learn how it's done - you are way better off trying to do at least a part of the features that companies worth billions have invested market research and tons of developers and game engineers have been paid to do.

Just saying. But that's fine, I know it is too complicated for you guys to understand.
Gold: 138,154.38
Trader: Trusted
Sep 18 2018 05:35am
Just stop talking nonsense. You are not half as smart as you think. Play the game, or leave it.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll