d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > London Terror Attack (again)
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 14 2018 01:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 14 2018 01:47pm)
the plural is clearly referring to "the terrorists".

we classify animals by species, not behaviors.

i'm not sure why people dont understand why "animals" is a blanket offensive term for an group. I mean, call people animals all you want just dont get surprised when people they're associated with that you didnt reference get pissy.
Gold: 7,271.48
Aug 14 2018 02:15pm
Quote (Chevaucheur @ Aug 14 2018 01:22pm)
That's why I like Chinese: they do not say nonsense over and over, unlike the Americans.

I’m not American I’m Chinese.
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 14 2018 02:17pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Aug 2018 21:51)
we classify animals by species, not behaviors.

I'm sure Trump meticulously follows this concept.

i'm not sure why people dont understand why "animals" is a blanket offensive term for an group. I mean, call people animals all you want just dont get surprised when people they're associated with that you didnt reference get pissy.

again: his tweet started with "another terrorist attack", clearly referring to other terroristic incidents/terrorist perpetrators. then, in the next part, he starts talking about "these animals", so there is no doubt that he is equating the terrorists and no one else to animals in this tweet.

is it a blanket offensive term for a group? yes, of course. a group which, in this specific case, absolutely deserves the label "animals".
should we care if people who are associated with them, i.e. in this case associated with terrorists, feel pissy? nah, not really.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 14 2018 02:18pm
Aug 14 2018 02:23pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 14 2018 02:17pm)

again: his tweet started with "another terrorist attack", clearly referring to other terroristic incidents/terrorist perpetrators. then, in the next part, he starts talking about "these animals", so there is no doubt that he is equating the terrorists and no one else to animals in this tweet.

is it a blanket offensive term for a group? yes, of course. a group which, in this specific case, absolutely deserves the label "animals".
should we care if people who are associated with them, i.e. in this case associated with terrorists, feel pissy? nah, not really.

im glad to know you're just another person only interested in observing and bitching, rather than actually making the world a better and safer place. you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

massive numbers of muslims sympathize with terrorists, many of them also sympathize with victims of islamic terror. these two categories aren't mutually exclusive no matter what implications you falsely drew from the hack stats you seem stuck on. pulling muslims over the fence to the non-terrorists side is possible.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 14 2018 02:24pm
Gold: 36,347.70
Aug 14 2018 02:23pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 14 2018 09:17pm)

Can you imagine our ancestors looking down right now and seeing us arguing about whether it's too offensive/rude to call people who behead "infidels", murder children with trucks of peace, and openly want all non-Muslims to die painful deaths "animals"?

This type of ridiculous discourse can only occur due to us having far too comfortable and sheltered lives. The fact that it's even a topic of discussion is absurd.
Aug 14 2018 02:25pm
Quote (EA7 @ Aug 14 2018 02:23pm)
Can you imagine our ancestors looking down right now and seeing us arguing about whether it's too offensive/rude to call people who behead "infidels", murder children with trucks of peace, and openly want all non-Muslims to die painful deaths "animals"?

This type of ridiculous discourse can only occur due to us having far too comfortable and sheltered lives. The fact that it's even a topic of discussion is absurd.

those same ancestors would think you're simultaneously a god and a pussy. try explaining your abstinence from substances to someone from 300 years ago, for example.
Gold: 268.15
Aug 14 2018 02:28pm
Quote (remco6 @ Aug 14 2018 10:15pm)
I’m not American I’m Chinese.

Nihao !

Ni shi meygguo yen?
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 14 2018 02:33pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Aug 2018 22:23)
im glad to know you're just another person only interested in observing and bitching, rather than actually making the world a better and safer place. you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

massive numbers of muslims sympathize with terrorists, many of them also sympathize with victims of islamic terror. these two categories aren't mutually exclusive no matter what implications you falsely drew from the hack stats you seem stuck on. pulling muslims over the fence to the non-terrorists side is possible.

I dont think that 'we' can do very much to pull muslims over the fence from the terror-supporting to the non-terrorist side - they have to do it on their own, they need to find the inner strength to leave violence and extremism behind.

When it comes to dealing with Islam, I see two main tasks for us:

1.: Separate the non-terrorist muslims who are willing to integrate into our culture from the terrorism-supporters and integration-refusers. This is where the dividing line should be placed, and not between muslims and non-muslims.
2.: Protect us from those muslims who hold and/or support extrimist beliefs, and from those who refuse to integrate into our culture.

Converting doubtful candidates who are on the fence is a minor subtask with lower priority. Nice if we can pull it off, but it would be naive to expect this to happen in meaningful numbers.
Gold: 36,347.70
Aug 14 2018 02:39pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 14 2018 09:25pm)
those same ancestors would think you're simultaneously a god and a pussy. try explaining your abstinence from substances to someone from 300 years ago, for example.

It's pretty easy to explain. We now know many of the substances you mention have adverse health effects while providing few benefits. I live an enjoyable enough life that I don't need substances to help me escape or feel better. I take great pride in maintaining strong physical fitness, and smoking/drinking/drugs interfere with my training. My entire family was always very fit and healthy, going back many generations, so I'm sure they'd understand.

Plus, it's not like I never in my life engaged in drinking/smoking/drugs, but it eventually gets pretty old. Partying all the time is fun when you're young and in school, but if you're still constantly getting wasted on days with no special occasion and then bragging "lol xD i got so0o0 drunk man wow~" when you're out of university you're just a degenerate.

I will still drink and smoke when it's a very special occasion that deserves serious celebration. There never was a history of addiction or substance abuse in my family, and almost all relatives I know use alcohol and/or drugs in moderation. So, I'm not really sure I understand your question since I don't think I'm acting vastly differently than my ancestors did.
Gold: 42.00
Aug 14 2018 03:22pm
clicked thread knowing op would compare banning firearms to banning cars

and it happened, what an anticlimactic scenario
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll