d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Respecting Troops And Draining Swamps > Done Right
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 9 2018 12:16pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Aug 9 2018 12:07pm)
“Fix” insinuates that there would no longer be any problems. That’s virtually impossible. however he did recently sign legislation that does indeed pave the way for some major overhaul & expands access for vets to VA-funded care in the private sector

Ill be at the front of the line clapping if trump makes notable good changes. Thusfar I just don't see his attention to the va he promised as a candidate, looks more like pandering for votes.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 9 2018 12:25pm
Gold: 16,320.00
Aug 9 2018 12:19pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Aug 9 2018 01:14pm)
Trump is privatizing the VA, they deserved it
/e: and Mexico will pay for it
ty for all this fun

Lmfao
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 9 2018 12:33pm
Quote (dro94 @ 9 Aug 2018 18:58)
What's your obsesionada with America, buddy?

and here i thought i inb4'd most lazy pivots. never argue with fools, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

Quote (VinnieG @ 9 Aug 2018 19:03)
bolded: welcome to politics? As if this is any real news to anyone. People need to stop acting like Trump is an anomaly; he serves you shit knowingly, would you really rather another politician lie and tell you you're eating steak?

welcome to false equivalence. the level of blatant corruption, cronyism, and misuse of the office has reached heights no one thought even possible just two years ago.
to make matters even worse, he ran on a platform specifically promising to get rid of the corruption in washington. remember the 'drain the swamp' slogan? hypocrisy at its best...

it's kind of funny: every time trump messes up, puts his foot in his mouth, shows his utter incompetence, behaves like a complete jackass it's 'well, that's because he's not a politician. he's an outsider.' - but when he's corrupt and breaking his promises, the excuse is: 'well, other politicians do it as well, so what's the big deal?'. very convenient...

Quote (djman72 @ 9 Aug 2018 19:09)
We're also the most prosperous nation by far.

hahaha, by what standard? i call bs.
when it comes to things as poverty, quality of life, health, security, crime, education, culture, and even the so prominently touted 'freedom', you are significantly behind many western nations...

barely making the top 20: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legatum_Prosperity_Index#2017_rankings

This post was edited by fender on Aug 9 2018 12:45pm
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 9 2018 03:28pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 9 2018 12:56pm)
when black athletes kneel in silent protest against police brutality, they are somehow 'disrespecting the troops', but when trump puts his mar-a-lago buddies in charge of privatising the department of veteran affairs, the right wing couldn't care less...

this is a great article on one of the many ways trump misuses the presidency to personally enrich himself by selling influence and political power:

https://www.propublica.org/article/ike-perlmutter-bruce-moskowitz-marc-sherman-shadow-rulers-of-the-va

inb4: 'fake news', 'source not trustworthy', 'this is fine', 'but hillary / obama', 'heinrich nazi something'...

this is a long article so excuse me if i missed something.
Quote (fender @ Aug 9 2018 12:56pm)
when black athletes kneel in silent protest against police brutality, they are somehow 'disrespecting the troops', but when trump puts his mar-a-lago buddies in charge of privatising the department of veteran affairs, the right wing couldn't care less...

this is a great article on one of the many ways trump misuses the presidency to personally enrich himself by selling influence and political power:

https://www.propublica.org/article/ike-perlmutter-bruce-moskowitz-marc-sherman-shadow-rulers-of-the-va

inb4: 'fake news', 'source not trustworthy', 'this is fine', 'but hillary / obama', 'heinrich nazi something'...

i mean they are likely people he actually knows... what's the big deal?
Gold: 32,161.71
Aug 9 2018 03:52pm
some VAs are equivalent to 3rd world hospitals

sad fact

why don't you just provide veterans adequate health insurance so that they are not forced into going to the VA - give them private sector options. as a result you have 1. improved veteran insurance and also 2. will indirectly improve the VA forcing them to improve their standards

This post was edited by Bazi on Aug 9 2018 03:53pm
Gold: 90.58
Aug 9 2018 03:54pm
loving this ellipsis removal i made <3
Aug 9 2018 07:35pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ 9 Aug 2018 22:28)
this is a long article so excuse me if i missed something.
i mean they are likely people he actually knows... what's the big deal?

i don't know if the article was actually too long to read and too difficult to understand, or if you just don't (want to) see whet the 'big deal' is, but it's right there:

'But hundreds of documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act and interviews with former administration officials tell a different story — of a previously unknown triumvirate that hovered over public servants without any transparency, accountability or oversight. The Mar-a-Lago Crowd spoke with VA officials daily, the documents show, reviewing all manner of policy and personnel decisions. They prodded the VA to start new programs, and officials travelled to Mar-a-Lago at taxpayer expense to hear their views. “Everyone has to go down and kiss the ring,” a former administration official said.

If the bureaucracy resists the trio’s wishes, Perlmutter has a powerful ally: The President of the United States. Trump and Perlmutter regularly talk on the phone and dine together when the president visits Mar-a-Lago. “On any veterans issue, the first person the president calls is Ike,” another former official said. Former administration officials say that VA leaders who were at odds with the Mar-A-Lago Crowd were pushed out or passed over. Included, those officials say, were the secretary (whose ethical lapses also played a role), deputy secretary, chief of staff, acting under secretary for health, deputy under secretary for health, chief information officer, and the director of electronic health records modernization.

At times, Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman have created headaches for VA officials because of their failure to follow government rules and processes. In other cases, they used their influence in ways that could benefit their private interests. They say they never sought or received any financial gain for their advice to the VA.

The arrangement is without parallel in modern presidential history. The Federal Advisory Committee Act of 1972 provides a mechanism for agencies to consult panels of outside advisers, but such committees are subject to cost controls, public disclosure and government oversight.'

a complete lack of transparency and accountability, alongside the obvious lack of experience and knowledge in their field. the misuse of their position for private gain (for themselves and trump). the fact that they obtained their position as de facto leaders of the VA (they are basically in charge of policy and personal decisions) not based on their competence or political careers, but based on the fact that they are rich members of trump's mar-a-lago club. goes without saying that none of them had a confirmation hearing because officially they are just advisors. only diligent research into the matter exposed this shocking case of cronyism, the official version by the administration tries to hide those truths.

people that no one knew of secretly running the government without any oversight. i think this might be the 'deep state' the right wing keeps warning us about...
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 10 2018 12:53pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 9 2018 08:35pm)
i don't know if the article was actually too long to read and too difficult to understand, or if you just don't (want to) see whet the 'big deal' is, but it's right there:

a complete lack of transparency and accountability, alongside the obvious lack of experience and knowledge in their field. the misuse of their position for private gain (for themselves and trump). the fact that they obtained their position as de facto leaders of the VA (they are basically in charge of policy and personal decisions) not based on their competence or political careers, but based on the fact that they are rich members of trump's mar-a-lago club. goes without saying that none of them had a confirmation hearing because officially they are just advisors. only diligent research into the matter exposed this shocking case of cronyism, the official version by the administration tries to hide those truths.

people that no one knew of secretly running the government without any oversight. i think this might be the 'deep state' the right wing keeps warning us about...

ok, i'll bite.
1. what private interests have been effected due to their influence?
2. can we see these documents "obtained through the Freedom of Information Act"?
3. what are some examples of actions taken that should have been transparent?
Gold: 16,320.00
Aug 10 2018 12:56pm
Quote (Bazi @ Aug 9 2018 04:52pm)
some VAs are equivalent to 3rd world hospitals

sad fact

why don't you just provide veterans adequate health insurance so that they are not forced into going to the VA - give them private sector options. as a result you have 1. improved veteran insurance and also 2. will indirectly improve the VA forcing them to improve their standards

Just needs more funding.
Privatizing will not be anything different than from going to a regular hospital.
There’s no point.
VA hospitals are part of a benefit system that was promised to people who serve.
I bet if we stop spending stupid amounts of money on shit we don’t need and stop overpaying private contractors, we can afford it.

I know a contractor civilian who gets paid 115k a year to take in a request and forward it to a meeting.
That’s it. He works 2 or 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, plenty of vacation and sick time.
Knock his ass down to 45k or get an active service member to do it. The money saved can easily take care of a good number of people from just this ONE instance.

This post was edited by IchBinDaddy on Aug 10 2018 01:00pm
Aug 10 2018 01:25pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ 10 Aug 2018 19:53)
ok, i'll bite.
1. what private interests have been effected due to their influence?
2. can we see these documents "obtained through the Freedom of Information Act"?
3. what are some examples of actions taken that should have been transparent?

i don't want you to 'bite', i want you to read and do some critical thinking. that is if those are genuine questions.
i gotta be honest, i have a feeling that you might not really be interested in figuring out how this is yet another case of unprecedented cronyism, but ofc i might be mistaken. so if your curiosity is real, just spend the 15 minutes to read the article, it's really not that long or hard to follow...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll