d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Respecting Troops And Draining Swamps > Done Right
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,161.71
Aug 10 2018 02:03pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ Aug 10 2018 01:56pm)
Just needs more funding.
Privatizing will not be anything different than from going to a regular hospital.
There’s no point.
VA hospitals are part of a benefit system that was promised to people who serve.
I bet if we stop spending stupid amounts of money on shit we don’t need and stop overpaying private contractors, we can afford it.

I know a contractor civilian who gets paid 115k a year to take in a request and forward it to a meeting.
That’s it. He works 2 or 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, plenty of vacation and sick time.
Knock his ass down to 45k or get an active service member to do it. The money saved can easily take care of a good number of people from just this ONE instance.

I’m not suggesting privatizing the VA, I’m suggesting just giving veterans proper insurance so that have options and can seek appropriate treatment options. Whether federal or private if VA can’t keep up with community hospital standards then those facilities need to shut down.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 13 2018 05:38pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 10 2018 02:25pm)
i don't want you to 'bite', i want you to read and do some critical thinking. that is if those are genuine questions.
i gotta be honest, i have a feeling that you might not really be interested in figuring out how this is yet another case of unprecedented cronyism, but ofc i might be mistaken. so if your curiosity is real, just spend the 15 minutes to read the article, it's really not that long or hard to follow...

i've read it all now. including the "documents", listed below.
https://www.documentcloud.org/public/search/projectid:%20%2240173-VA-Shadow-Rulers%22

if you think there is something wrong here, prove it and quit wasting my time with these wild-goose chases.
you just throw words around and hope no one takes the time. because it's obvious that even if you did read this whole thing like i did... you didn't fact check any of it.

the person, Shulkin, who was "pushed out" by this "shadow group"...
On Feb. 27, 2018, Shulkin flew to Mar-a-Lago — not to see Trump, who was back in Washington, but to meet with Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman. The trip was supposed to close the deal on the Cerner contract, according to two people familiar with the meeting. By then, Shulkin’s stature had been badly diminished by an ethics scandal, and he expected he didn’t have much longer in the job, but he wanted to finish the Cerner deal first.

when he met with this "shadow group", he already knew he was losing his job. he wanted someone to continue his work, so he brought O'Rourke.
Shulkin brought O’Rourke, an ex-Trump campaign aide who stepped in as chief of staff after the ethics scandal led to the departure of Shulkin’s top aide. O’Rourke took the opportunity to ally himself with the Mar-a-Lago Crowd. “It was an honor to meet you all yesterday,” he wrote in a follow-up email.

...this "shadow group" in a way helped the guy that this news thread is claiming was snuffed out.
permitter's memo summed it up well. para-phrasing it, they are a group, but not this secret "shadow" group. they give non-secret opinions to the WH, and out of their hands from there.
so it's almost like Heritage Foundation?
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 13 2018 05:46pm
but, but, but..... colin kaepernick doesn't have two spare brain cells to rub together
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 13 2018 06:02pm
Fuck veterans, privatize them. Im not directly and personally concerned so fuck them, losers, #maga #murica

/e woaw check this nice vid i just found out on imgur

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Aug 13 2018 06:06pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 14 2018 07:39am
Come to Canada

We accept all nationalities even american
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll