d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Official Bug Thread (if You Find One)
Prev12829303132Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
May 7 2019 05:47pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 8 May 2019 01:30)
Normal cata and TD cata mostly but some maps that are lvl 30 req+ on lvl 55 chars. About half of the hours are with all 3 in-game having EE active in single player. Prior to the rewrite in each case that we spawned it, there was at least one player who did not have the prereqs. However when I was originally trying to spawn it on Screened, I was advised to run t1 maps... I ran a LOT of them, but was not able to spawn it. Since then I don’t really try to spawn this objective using very low tier maps even though they would be faster to clear.

t1 maps worked fine before the rewrite
Before the rewrite if u open up a t1 map it would be the size of whatever level you were, so if u were lvl 55 it would be a lvl 55size map (still only lvl 15 mobs)
But that was fixed in the rewrite, so now if u open a t1 map it is the size of a t1 map.
Im not sure if a lvl 30 map is big enough tbh, i dont know the exact amount of xx times xx squares that's needed for this.

Ambush for example has multiple different requirements.
First is maze has to be 10x10+ (and u need to have explore xxx steps for it)
Then you need to find a full ep wave (that's why solo is easier to find them) | 1player - 3ep | 2player - 5ep | 3player - 7ep | 4player - 9ep | 5player - 9ep |
So ambush cannot spawn if u just find a random ep wave, it has to be a full size of the x amount of players in a group.
So when you have both of those things, xxx steps done + full wave EP = NOW you hvae the chance to spawn them which i think paul told me it was 35% chance to spawn them
So; xxx steps cleared, full wave ep, after that it's a 35% chance to get them if it is a full wave of ep.
EDit; he did say he bumped up the % chance, so it should be higher than 35%

Maybe there is something simular to this with EE - should be easier to spot them if you have 5 players.
Also maybe they can only spawn if u have 3 players in the actual catacomb.
We never really tried to go for EE, I'd rather do MM instead when I explore for that long :P

This post was edited by RistVaLL on May 7 2019 05:49pm
Gold: 8,426.02
May 7 2019 06:12pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ May 7 2019 01:47pm)
t1 maps worked fine before the rewrite
Before the rewrite if u open up a t1 map it would be the size of whatever level you were, so if u were lvl 55 it would be a lvl 55size map (still only lvl 15 mobs)
But that was fixed in the rewrite, so now if u open a t1 map it is the size of a t1 map.
Im not sure if a lvl 30 map is big enough tbh, i dont know the exact amount of xx times xx squares that's needed for this.

Ambush for example has multiple different requirements.
First is maze has to be 10x10+ (and u need to have explore xxx steps for it)
Then you need to find a full ep wave (that's why solo is easier to find them) | 1player - 3ep | 2player - 5ep | 3player - 7ep | 4player - 9ep | 5player - 9ep |
So ambush cannot spawn if u just find a random ep wave, it has to be a full size of the x amount of players in a group.
So when you have both of those things, xxx steps done + full wave EP = NOW you hvae the chance to spawn them which i think paul told me it was 35% chance to spawn them
So; xxx steps cleared, full wave ep, after that it's a 35% chance to get them if it is a full wave of ep.
EDit; he did say he bumped up the % chance, so it should be higher than 35%

Maybe there is something simular to this with EE - should be easier to spot them if you have 5 players.
Also maybe they can only spawn if u have 3 players in the actual catacomb.
We never really tried to go for EE, I'd rather do MM instead when I explore for that long :P

When was the last time you spawned EE? We’ve spent a good amount of the time meeting all of the conditions you’re hypothesizing at. It does only require level 45, and we’ve been opening up lvl 55 sized catas, usually not maps. I do appreciate you sharing the requirements for Ambush though. Wish we had some similar information for EE :)
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
May 7 2019 06:23pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 8 May 2019 02:12)
When was the last time you spawned EE? We’ve spent a good amount of the time meeting all of the conditions you’re hypothesizing at. It does only require level 45, and we’ve been opening up lvl 55 sized catas, usually not maps. I do appreciate you sharing the requirements for Ambush though. Wish we had some similar information for EE :)

Most of the times we've run into EE is when we're doing MM and it spawns in the MM maze, so we have to abort or man up and do them, but at lvl 80+ they get rough, and normally we're not setup to have alot of melee dmg in there
Im sure i've spammed this vid earlier at many occasion :D But this is what it looks like when we hit them at higher levels (this group was not optimised at all, & not the way we do MM today, this is old, but one of the few vids that i have of it since we stopped streaming MM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyjDCsjy78 - 102
Found them at lvl 62 another time earlier (when we first started doing MM runs) or trying to figure them out at least - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJnHfFgNOmU (part 1) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIwqCx7iF2U (part 2)

This post was edited by RistVaLL on May 7 2019 06:24pm
May 7 2019 07:12pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ May 7 2019 02:23pm)
Most of the times we've run into EE is when we're doing MM and it spawns in the MM maze, so we have to abort or man up and do them, but at lvl 80+ they get rough, and normally we're not setup to have alot of melee dmg in there
Im sure i've spammed this vid earlier at many occasion :D But this is what it looks like when we hit them at higher levels (this group was not optimised at all, & not the way we do MM today, this is old, but one of the few vids that i have of it since we stopped streaming MM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyjDCsjy78 - 102
Found them at lvl 62 another time earlier (when we first started doing MM runs) or trying to figure them out at least - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJnHfFgNOmU (part 1) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIwqCx7iF2U (part 2)

Thank you for sharing this. It’s old but we can learn something from
these videos assuming conditions for spawn haven’t changed too much. I’d be interested in knowing the rate of EE spawning per MM attempt where it’s active but I feel like that will be sorta forgotten at this point. :)
Gold: 23,660.00
Warn: 30%
May 7 2019 07:45pm
Ambush is easier necessarily to find in solo. The quest when it's supposed to come will come as a full page of eps in a group. It would be just as hard or just as easy to spawn if it was only 1 ep. The quest spawn and ep spawns are separate.
Gold: 8,743.93
May 7 2019 08:05pm
Quote (DankeKong @ May 8 2019 12:03pm)
We spawned it last season (Softcore).

Quote (RistVaLL @ May 8 2019 12:23pm)
To answer FTE
We've spawned that maany times during the years, and also after the rewrite a few times

Nice. Glad it spawns more often.

Quote (BWConformity @ May 8 2019 12:30pm)
Normal cata and TD cata mostly but some maps that are lvl 30 req+ on lvl 55 chars. About half of the hours are with all 3 in-game having EE active in single player. Prior to the rewrite in each case that we spawned it, there was at least one player who did not have the prereqs. However when I was originally trying to spawn it on Screened, I was advised to run t1 maps... I ran a LOT of them, but was not able to spawn it. Since then I don’t really try to spawn this objective using very low tier maps even though they would be faster to clear.

Would EE still spawn on a map where the Monster Cap is below the level of Objective? (in reference the TierI map comment).

This time around, as stated before, are all party members clear of the pre requisite when hunting for EE Objective? (can not really tell if you answered yes or no, I don't get the "Screened" comment.)
Gold: 9,025.34
May 8 2019 10:24pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 8 May 2019 02:12)
Thank you for sharing this. It’s old but we can learn something from
these videos assuming conditions for spawn haven’t changed too much. I’d be interested in knowing the rate of EE spawning per MM attempt where it’s active but I feel like that will be sorta forgotten at this point. :)

Seems not bugged!
May 8 2019 10:26pm
Quote (Formee @ May 8 2019 06:24pm)
Seems not bugged!

T4T and thanks for everyone who helped hold this game 'til Formee woke up lol

Gold: 23,660.00
Warn: 30%
May 8 2019 10:27pm
Paul's probably looking at this thread and shaking his head. Well if we had more information about things :rolleyes: we could help find more bugs and understand the game mechanics better.
Gold: 9,025.34
May 8 2019 10:32pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 9 May 2019 05:26)
T4T and thanks for everyone who helped hold this game 'til Formee woke up lol

https://i.imgur.com/uqbCumm.png

Agreeeed, thanks everyone ! Its been the worst possible time to find, exctaly when i falled asleep lol.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12829303132Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll