d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Helsinki Summit Facts
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 1 2018 02:02pm
I just wanted to make a thread of this instead of posting it a hundred times.
I have time-stamps below referencing points in time on this listed video.

There is a lot of misguided thoughts from the Trump and Putin press conference at Helsinki. So I plan to point you to why so much of the public opinion is mistaken.
My father is a Trump supporter, and it's proving difficult to battle all the headlines he's read about this. Since he won't spend the time watching the conference...
So, I know this one has been hard for some of us. Here is a lot of what you need to argue against naysayers of this Helsinki Summit.

Important:
The last question of the press conference was loaded and making false accusations with a starting statement. This is "the question" that allowed media outlets to spark so much doubt.
The question that armed the media outlets is as follows:
@ 44:10
Just now President Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016. Every other US intelligence agency has concluded that Russia did. What..Who..My first question to you Mr. President is "Who do you believe?"

Before jumping to conclusions, know that the statement was false in almost every way. So, the question was unanswerable as it was.

Now, here is why.
@ 30:09 The first question about Russian interference at Helsinki. You can skip over Trump's response if you wish and go straight to Putin @ 32:00
It's important to hear the full response as it was used as fuel for "the question".

@33:42 Putin talks specifically about the company "Concord Management and Consulting" and states the charges against "them" will not stand.
@34:00 Putin responds about the 12 indicted Russians in question. He basically invites Mueller and US representatives for questioning of these individuals, on top of confirming legal action in compromise of US lawmakers in abidance of Treaty laws.
@37:42
President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election, and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?

In response from Putin...
Yes I did, because he talked of bring Russia-US relations back to normal.

This does prove he would help Trump win. but that is a very different thing to "interfering with the election process".

"The question" takes 2 subjects and tries to smash them together for 1 misleading point.
1rst subject: "President Putin" denies "personal" election interference.
2nd subject: US intelligence agencies conclude "Russia" interfered. This ending statement is all sorts of misleading. first, "Russia" in this sense is extremely vague. So vague it's partially false. He is referring to the 12 indicted. Note that Putin is not these 12 people, nor are these 12 people "Russia". They are just Russian.
Also note that Putin did not deny any wrong-doing of these 12.

So When asked "Who do you believe?". There is no way to really answer it, there was never a debate to have differing opinion.

The reporter states 2 facts, and follows up with a nonsensical question.
The only response that would be true is, "Both".

It was just such an off-putting statement/question combo, there was no way to answer that off the cuff.
Media then states it as, Trump believes Putin over US intelligence. It's all just a complete crap-shoot to make Trump look bad when he was aiming for diplomacy.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Aug 1 2018 02:12pm
Gold: 90.58
Aug 1 2018 02:04pm
Thanks for the write up. Unfortunately this thread is about to get IceMage'd, tracking though.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Aug 1 2018 02:05pm
Gold: 10.77
Aug 1 2018 02:07pm
Anything that takes that long to engineer a justification for is pretty obviously bullshit.
Aug 1 2018 02:10pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Aug 1 2018 03:04pm)
Thanks for the write up. Unfortunately this thread is about to get IceMage'd, tracking though.

meh. they can comment, but others can still read my OP without being buried.
Quote (inkanddagger @ Aug 1 2018 03:07pm)
Anything that takes that long to engineer a justification for is pretty obviously bullshit.

anyone that doesn't bother to look at the facts before making an assumption is just ignorant.
Gold: 2,420.00
Aug 1 2018 02:11pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Aug 1 2018 03:02pm)

My father is a Trump supporter, and it's proving difficult to battle all the headlines he's read about this. Since he won't spend the time watching the conference...

based trump supporter
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 1 2018 02:13pm
It took you two weeks to come up with this crap?
Aug 1 2018 02:17pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 1 2018 03:13pm)
It took you two weeks to come up with this crap?

I didn't imagine it a real issue at first. I watched the conference though.
Since then, i've made some statements. again this is so i don't have to keep making those posts.

also real life hit hard this last week. i've been occupied.
if that's the biggest complaint you have though...
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 1 2018 02:23pm
tagged is a better reporter than 80% of the people at ABC
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 1 2018 02:32pm
'dear diary, here's how a simple question made my cult leader put his foot in his mouth again, and why i'm still completely fine with it...'

"there's no way to really answer it" was the best part. it shows that deep inside even his cult knows how incompetent and stupid trump is, they just choose to blame it on the evil press, haha...
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 1 2018 02:46pm
Trump is the best diplomat god created ever, you should be proud of your vote.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll