d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Helsinki Summit Facts
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Aug 1 2018 02:47pm
Quote (fender @ 1 Aug 2018 16:32)
'dear diary, here's how a simple question made my cult leader put his foot in his mouth again, and why i'm still completely fine with it...'

"there's no way to really answer it" was the best part. it shows that deep inside even his cult knows how incompetent and stupid trump is, they just choose to blame it on the evil press, haha...

that’s funny coming from the descendant of joseph who blamed a certain group for being the cause of all the evils of a particular nation
Gold: 18,534.02
Aug 1 2018 03:07pm
Quote (excellence @ Aug 1 2018 03:47pm)
that’s funny coming from the descendant of joseph who blamed a certain group for being the cause of all the evils of a particular nation

I hear that Joseph Goebbels was known for his extensive and detailed diary.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 1 2018 03:13pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 1 2018 03:32pm)
'dear diary, here's how a simple question made my cult leader put his foot in his mouth again, and why i'm still completely fine with it...'

"there's no way to really answer it" was the best part. it shows that deep inside even his cult knows how incompetent and stupid trump is, they just choose to blame it on the evil press, haha...

gonna put on a fun spin and then you answer the question.

i would like to mention some "Americans" have been charged of rape, murder and manslaughter within the last 2 years.
Just now Clinton has denied rape, murder 1 2 and manslaughter. Every other "Russian" intelligence agency has concluded that "America" did. What..Who..My first question to you Mr. President is "Who do you believe?"

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Aug 1 2018 03:14pm
Gold: 500.00
Aug 1 2018 03:17pm
If you bend over backwards any harder you're going to hurt your back
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 1 2018 03:20pm
Anybody can make mistakes, that what you should tell to your father.
/e typos

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Aug 1 2018 03:23pm
Gold: 2,620.00
Aug 1 2018 05:46pm
I agree that people often conflate DNC hacking on behalf of Russia with Trump campaign collusion/conspiracy. One of those items has decent proof, the other does not.

However, I went through the timestamps. I re-considered the context of Trump and Putin's statements and the way the the questions were asked.

And I still think the most reasonable conclusion to draw is that Trump believed Putin's word over US intelligence's findings. His words, his hundreds of previous statements, his body language and practically everything point toward what most Americans felt after this press conference.

Even when he read that scripted statement to correct his 'mistake' it's readily apparent he didn't believe what he was saying. During the scripted statement, he even felt the need to add: "Could be other people also; there's a lot of people out there" after talking about Russian interference. He believes Putin over US intelligence.

Whether we should trust US intelligence's findings or not is a separate issue. But Trump took Putin at his word. That much is obvious.
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 1 2018 05:50pm
Liberal tear mug is full you guys hafta slow down
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 1 2018 07:26pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 1 2018 06:46pm)
I agree that people often conflate DNC hacking on behalf of Russia with Trump campaign collusion/conspiracy. One of those items has decent proof, the other does not.

However, I went through the timestamps. I re-considered the context of Trump and Putin's statements and the way the the questions were asked.

And I still think the most reasonable conclusion to draw is that Trump believed Putin's word over US intelligence's findings. His words, his hundreds of previous statements, his body language and practically everything point toward what most Americans felt after this press conference.

Even when he read that scripted statement to correct his 'mistake' it's readily apparent he didn't believe what he was saying. During the scripted statement, he even felt the need to add: "Could be other people also; there's a lot of people out there" after talking about Russian interference. He believes Putin over US intelligence.

Whether we should trust US intelligence's findings or not is a separate issue. But Trump took Putin at his word. That much is obvious.

solid response. i still find this question unable to be answered as it was. being such a vague question with vague response. there are quite a few assumptions that have to be made to come to this.

for nearly all of his response, Trump was talking about a missing server from the DNC. This was something leaked by wikileaks and caused quite a bit of turmoil for the DNC, including resignation of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the DNC chairwoman.
what's significant about this, is that these are the officials that were indicted. which as stated in my OP, Putin didn't say they didn't do anything. he said he was unsure of the details, but would allow US lawyers to join the investigation +++.

so Putin has not actually said "Russia didn't do it", as Trump paraphrased.
It's also an assumption though to think the 12 indicted "are Russia".

Trump has really bad wording. but he was trying to respond to a question that didn't make sense. he even stated just further in his same response, that he held great confidence in the US intelligence system.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll