d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Breaking: Trump Signs Executive Order To.. > Keep Families Together At Border
Prev1234520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 20 2018 02:14pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jun 20 2018 02:00pm)
Good move. I'm sure IceMage, Beowulf, or snipa have some sort of count going on how many positives Trumps has brought--what's this now, 3?

7, counting Melania's AND fake Melania's breasts.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 20 2018 02:43pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 20 Jun 2018 21:03)
u mad?

nop, just stating the obvious. are you?
maybe try to find some fox news or rasmussen poll that tells us how popular this made him, and then lie about other polls to pretend he's #winning again?

Quote (djman72 @ 20 Jun 2018 21:10)
"Trump did it so it must be horrible"

Trump did something that the majority of people can agree is positive. You'll have to fall asleep tonight knowing that.

oh absolutely, he did something most people can agree with, and i'm glad he did - i'm not at all trying to take that away from him. i don't know where you see me saying it's 'horrible' since i clearly stated the opposite, all i'm saying is that you don't get to pretend that context doesn't matter or even exist.

it might work for his cult, but reasonably sane people are fully aware that he was the one who introduced this practice in the first place, and doubled down on it for days - despite massive criticism from all sides, including his own party and family.

just wondering what happened to the narratives that were so popular amongst right wingers in the last couple of days. do borders and whole nations suddenly not disintegrate anymore the very moment we stop seperating children from their parents and putting them into state run 'summer camps'? was it not so 'biblical' and compassionate after all, will it not lead to a total collapse of the rule of law if this administration change their practices to be a little more humane? it's hilarious how all those alternative realities quietly vanish and people have to come up with new spins to justify the latest change of course by captain bonespur...

Gold: 500.00
Jun 20 2018 02:48pm
Separating children from their parents was the right move while the emperor claims it needed to be done

Children must not be separated from their parents after the emperor claims they need to be reunited

God forbid the cultists have an original thought for once :wacko:
Gold: 57.00
Jun 20 2018 03:08pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 20 Jun 2018 15:41)
the left tried to pound this home as their big messaging campaign and Trump just farted the wind out of their sails, so now what

this

orange man pres. drumpf does what mean democrats refused to do is yet another arrow in his triumphant quiver

lefties will stick to their generic messaging:

Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 20 2018 03:11pm
Many tendies were lost today.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 20 2018 03:25pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 20 2018 02:44pm)
Hes the greatest troll president in all of history

I'm waiting for the news to say that Trump is overstepping his authority with the order

I don't know how trolling will get him or his party votes.

What he did was enact a harsh policy that all Democrats and the majority of Republicans disagreed with... then the administration had differing talking points regarding it... media outrage... now he's backed down. Creating a crisis and then backing down doesn't seem to be a sound political strategy.
Gold: 16,320.00
Jun 20 2018 03:25pm
I’m just waiting to see where more repub-dubs start claiming that this child separation bit was a Democrat thing.
It’s pathetic. Your republicans were supporting the separations, but now that Trump signed it off, it’s magically the democrats’ fault.

This post was edited by IchBinDaddy on Jun 20 2018 03:25pm
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 20 2018 03:27pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jun 20 2018 01:00pm)
Good move. I'm sure IceMage, Beowulf, or snipa have some sort of count going on how many positives Trumps has brought--what's this now, 3?

too early for my scorecard on most issues

also hard to score when a lot of his right moves come from correcting his wrong moves that weren't even necessary to begin with

I'm open and hopeful about his work with Nk
I'm hoping some improvement with the injustice system happens under his watch and with his assistance
I'm worried about the long term effect of his trade decisions on the poor

I disagree with him on a lot and even more with how he conducts himself and approaches matters but at the end of the day as long as he does some good in there I will take all the wins for the poor and vulnerable he is willing to offer

When his daughter shows him mistreatment he reacts in a way not in his daily nature, a good way

we've seen this multiple times now

I strongly disapprove of him as a man but as a president I root for that piece of him to take over and do right by the people that need his "winning" the most
Gold: 36,347.70
Jun 20 2018 03:46pm
Glad he did this. The man has a heart, believe it or not. However, this doesn't really change too much.

Illegals will still be deported. Only difference is in the time while they are processed by the legal system, the "families" (in the vast majority of cases, the adults aren't even the legal guardians or biological parents of the children in question) will be kept together.

Quote (IchBinDaddy @ Jun 20 2018 10:25pm)
I’m just waiting to see where more repub-dubs start claiming that this child separation bit was a Democrat thing.
It’s pathetic. Your republicans were supporting the separations, but now that Trump signed it off, it’s magically the democrats’ fault.

Separations were going on long before Trump. He inherited a lot of problems, like North Korea and this. He's dealing with them, which is more than can be said for the past presidents.

This post was edited by EA7 on Jun 20 2018 03:46pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 20 2018 03:47pm
So I reluctantly argued in favor of Trump's policy a couple days ago. I haven't been following Trump cult members on this, but did you guys always oppose it, or just now oppose it because you'll agree with whatever he does?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll