d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Oig Report Watch Thread
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 14 2018 09:36am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 14 2018 08:31am)
I read his book. He's an honorable guy who had good intentions, but made several mistakes in 2016.

That's how I like to see him and have tried to during his public relevancy

Perhaps him being 10 feet tall and looking like Dracula has something to do with both my urges to give the benefit of the doubt but also trust my super sniffer when it comes to the whiff of guano as well
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 14 2018 09:42am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 14 2018 09:35am)
I mean, its his book. If McCabe wrote a book, he'd say that the SDNY are leakers and he's a persecuted tragic hero. I've got to be skeptical of the unreliable narrator.
But I've maintained for some time that Comey's actions make sense only within the narrative of him being either a reasonably honorable boy scout like people call him, or at least moderately spiteful towards being placed into such a lose-lose position by Clinton-and-friends. That's the only way I can reconcile him being willing to step on everyone's toes and breach protocol

or you could accept that breaching protocol has always been the protocol for directors of the FBI since it's inception. Those orders just found the shredder for decades.

i just can't understand why you feel the need to operate in a Schrodinger's box when it comes to the FBI, they were always malicious politically motivated bad actors in the government. Not to a man, nor every event, but it's historically proven and logically backed.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 14 2018 09:45am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 14 2018 10:35am)
I mean, its his book. If McCabe wrote a book, he'd say that the SDNY are leakers and he's a persecuted tragic hero. I've got to be skeptical of the unreliable narrator.
But I've maintained for some time that Comey's actions make sense only within the narrative of him being either a reasonably honorable boy scout like people call him, or at least moderately spiteful towards being placed into such a lose-lose position by Clinton-and-friends. That's the only way I can reconcile him being willing to step on everyone's toes and breach protocol

His explanations for the actions he took in 2016 are consistent with who he has been his whole career... an honorable guy who is willing to stand up to authority.

Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 14 2018 09:49am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 14 2018 09:42am)
or you could accept that breaching protocol has always been the protocol for directors of the FBI since it's inception. Those orders just found the shredder for decades.

i just can't understand why you feel the need to operate in a Schrodinger's box when it comes to the FBI, they were always malicious politically motivated bad actors in the government. Not to a man, nor every event, but it's historically proven and logically backed.

because of the incoherent motivations. I can understand J Edgar Hoover being a power tripping fascist out to persecute political dissenters and activists while developing his own fourth (fifth?) estate. He was a monster but he was consistent.
being willing to torture the protocols by bending them as far as you can get away with is standard operating procedure and I've always just taken it as a given all the agencies are filled with political actors. Flagrantly breaking the protocols in full public view? How often does that happen?

Comey in 2016 was notable because he managed to piss off both sides so publicly with no apparent benefit to himself. He had every opportunity to hush up the Clinton investigation if he was her catspaw, or to skewer her if he was throwing his weight in with Trump. Yet his self-immolation days before the election made his own dismissal guaranteed no matter what the outcome, and evaporated all his political capital. That's not the actions of anyone's crony or an aspiring spy-king.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jun 14 2018 09:50am
Jun 14 2018 09:52am
looks like there will be a constant trickle until the floodgates open;

“Several FBI employees Who played critical roles in the investigation sent political messages,” IG report says.

It cites Lisa Page text to Peter Strzok: “(Trump’s) not ever going to become president, right? Right?!”

Strzok: “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 14 2018 09:54am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 14 2018 08:52am)

we'll stop it lol
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 14 2018 09:59am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 14 2018 10:52am)

Imagine this stuff coming out if Hillary won. Lol.

Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 14 2018 10:54am)
we'll stop it lol

Too bad it didn't work.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 14 2018 09:59am
Jun 14 2018 10:09am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 14 2018 09:59am)
Imagine this stuff coming out if Hillary won. Lol.

Too bad it didn't work.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/doj-provides-congress-with-hundreds-of-texts-between-ex-mueller-team-agent-peter-strzok-and-alleged-mistress-lisa-page
so back in december the DoJ provided congress with one half of that text message exchange, just the "He’s not ever going to become president, right? Right?!”
they conspicuously redacted the part where Strzok replied with “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”. We only found that out today, 6 months later.

I thought I recognized that one a bit, and yeah. Someone had to consciously choose to only release the less-damaging part of the exchange (the december texts included both strzok and page, so its not like they only sent one side). They actually willfully hid the part that would have made T_D start rioting if it had come out, and only release it now coupled with the OIG report where they can explain it away in detail. How well they can explain it, I guess we're yet to see. But the selective release of that text exchange, wowzers
Jun 14 2018 10:30am
Some of the recommendations in new IG report:
—better monitoring and retention of DOJ employees’ text messages
—add a warning banner on FBI cellphones that messages aren’t private
—review campaign donations DOJ employees or spouses run for office.
—take care before taking steps that could “impact an election”
—don’t make public statements on conduct of people not charged with anything
—don’t announce a charging decision without consulting AG, DAG or US attorney

Gold: 2,407.00
Jun 14 2018 10:41am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 14 2018 11:30am)
Some of the recommendations in new IG report:
—better monitoring and retention of DOJ employees’ text messages
—add a warning banner on FBI cellphones that messages aren’t private
—review campaign donations DOJ employees or spouses run for office.
—take care before taking steps that could “impact an election”
—don’t make public statements on conduct of people not charged with anything
—don’t announce a charging decision without consulting AG, DAG or US attorney

Seems pretty reasonable tbh.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll