d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Ladder Reset Question And Bots And Price Estimates > Us East Softcore Specifically
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 930,081.00
Jun 2 2018 04:31am
Note: sorry for the long message, besides the flame and trolls, looking forward to genuine response as well as your stories from past ladder starts and plan for the next? Anyone try my route? Or feel they have a more optimum way to early ladder riches, please share!

I don't play every reset but I started a week into the last ladder and it was as much fun as I have ever had playing this game. It lasted for three weeks or a month. There were no bots which made the game fun, and kept a good economy too and I made a ton of forum gold (which, spoiler I enjoy)

Q - are there bots now? They were creeping back in towards the time I left, economy was too shit and magic finding meaningless.

Q - when I started last ladder, jah ber were around 5-6k a piece. And they stayed at around 3k forever. For someone who started last ladder or generally has past experience, whats the starting price for these in the first week?

Q - the tal rasha pieces were around 1.2k per armor 400 for amulet. How high is the price in the first week though first few days?

Q - key sets? They were 250 each one week in, same question.

The reason I ask is, I love magic finding in the early part of ladder because practically every unique can be sold for a fortune and it's super easy to gear up a worthy sorc to solo hell chaos. I love that feeling of accomplishment but except for ladder start this only lasts really for high runes. Which are few and far apart, I found 3x ohms was good!

Also, seeing as real life is real life, I can't really dedicate the first week or so to Diablo 24/7 hence I'll be buying some of these items with my existing forum gold so just trying to get some rough estimates. I still reckon I can put in 3-5 hours daily for magic finding which should be good.

Also, last ladder I started with an absolute ghetto smiter and I had enough scratch at that point to buy 3 Keysets and just went from there selling unidentified torches.

And once I had enough fg I went sorc and then hdin. When I bought my Nigma it was still up there at 5kish for a cheap one. All of this happened between week 2-5 or so of the ladder and I was playing a lot, I won't have near that much time anymore so I'm wondering what the optimum strategy is strictly from a getting rich quick point of few.

The only meaningful piece I need as a hdin is enigma. The rest cost wise is pocket change, and I can self find most. Can I get an enigma in the first few days at under 20k? Bots or no bots would also be a big issue seeing as if the bots are there then the ROI on such a huge cost will be not as much. Also, are we allowed to take names of bot softwares? I have in the past botted furiously. So if bottING is on I want to know which one.

I know in advance I'll get a ton of flame, but every person enjoys the game for a different reason. I enjoy the game at this point by magic finding or torch hunting with the singular goal of profit and upgrading my characters before others and while the economy is good. I like selling vmagi armors for 300-400fg not when the are 10fg per.

This post was edited by mandarkkk on Jun 2 2018 04:39am
Gold: 4,564.00
Jun 2 2018 04:59am
All depends if Blizzard once again gonna do mass ban waves or not, since currently bots are everywhere once again.

This post was edited by CesaRz on Jun 2 2018 05:00am
Gold: Locked
Jun 2 2018 07:07am
I only play hc, so i'll answer for hc.
bots are still there
hr were 6-8k
keysets 900fg
i dont think ive seen a tal

this is for a reset without bots and dupes
Gold: 23,001.97
Jun 2 2018 07:09am
Yes reset is soon
Gold: 930,081.00
Jun 3 2018 01:23am
So the bots are back in all their might and fury? or just a little bit?

Also, how do you guys start your ladder? You go mf? key hunting? or something else?
Gold: 20,019.00
Jun 3 2018 01:42am
Quote (mandarkkk @ 3 Jun 2018 10:23)
So the bots are back in all their might and fury? or just a little bit?

Also, how do you guys start your ladder? You go mf? key hunting? or something else?

yes bots are back and even running public with channels almost as it was
They were "little bit" in 2-5 weeks of ladder start... )
Im always starting from mf) there is no option
you cant key hunt or smth else if you dont get items even to have 0+ resistances on hell)
Gold: 225,299.00
Jun 3 2018 08:21pm
I, like you, thoroughly enjoy the magic find hunt. It is what makes this game great to me. It’s highly addicting!

Bots are back but they’re not extremely rampant. I’m hoping another ban wave will take place before the next reset.

I play USEast HC but I recall Jah/Ber being at about 8k in its peak, Shako like 2k, Tal Armor like 2.5k, Tal Amulet about 1k.. even common, popular items like Vmagi, Skullders, Mosers, etc were 300-500 ea if not more.
Gold: Locked
Jun 3 2018 08:57pm
Quote (FallenZealot @ Jun 3 2018 09:21pm)
I, like you, thoroughly enjoy the magic find hunt. It is what makes this game great to me. It’s highly addicting!

Bots are back but they’re not extremely rampant. I’m hoping another ban wave will take place before the next reset.

I play USEast HC but I recall Jah/Ber being at about 8k in its peak, Shako like 2k, Tal Armor like 2.5k, Tal Amulet about 1k.. even common, popular items like Vmagi, Skullders, Mosers, etc were 300-500 ea if not more.

vmagis are 1k
Gold: 225,299.00
Jun 3 2018 10:08pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Jun 3 2018 09:57pm)
vmagis are 1k

True. I think Vmagi was like 1k for a bit.
Gold: 19,640.61
Jun 3 2018 10:49pm

If you have 46K, just gear hdin or bliz sorc directly and skip the grind grind grind you describe. You can make your investment back way faster than unid torches.

Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll