d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Needing Help W/ Sff Desktop Build > For Gaming And General Use, Under $800
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,720.00
May 2 2018 09:28am
Quote (Secksii @ May 2 2018 09:57am)
Are you confused? does the prebuild you linked look like a SFF to you?

No. I said SFF is a waste of money and limits performance, so I chose to disregard it. You're the one who said we need to follow his request to the letter. So do it. Make an itx build in the case he asked for with legit W10, a monitor, and a keyboard that beats the build I gave him in performance. I'm waiting. Stop making excuses.
Gold: 8,732.50
May 2 2018 09:43am
Quote (Incendiary @ 2 May 2018 08:28)
No. I said SFF is a waste of money and limits performance, so I chose to disregard it. You're the one who said we need to follow his request to the letter. So do it. Make an itx build in the case he asked for with legit W10, a monitor, and a keyboard that beats the build I gave him in performance. I'm waiting. Stop making excuses.

I said your prebuild is not best $$$ per dollar if you're gonna post whore and just ignore OP's request, thus i showed you a better one that ignores his request, without having to risk going HP prebuild with 1/3 DOA roulette.
I know the concept is very hard for you to understand, i advise you go back to apc discord and educate yourself better from those who actually have knowledge there before post whoring further
Gold: 1,720.00
May 2 2018 09:48am
Quote (Secksii @ May 2 2018 10:43am)
I said your prebuild is not best $$$ per dollar if you're gonna post whore and just ignore OP's request, thus i showed you a better one that ignores his request, without having to risk going HP prebuild with 1/3 DOA roulette.
I know the concept is very hard for you to understand, i advise you go back to apc discord and educate yourself better from those who actually have knowledge there before post whoring further

I'm confused. Is yours somehow better performance/$? Where's Windows? Amazon will get you a new one at no cost in 2 days. Nbd. Still worth. Keep spamming.
May 2 2018 09:57am
Quote (Incendiary @ 2 May 2018 08:48)
I'm confused. Is yours somehow better performance/$? Where's Windows? Amazon will get you a new one at no cost in 2 days. Nbd. Still worth. Keep spamming.

Oh i know you're confused, that's why i already told you to ask the reps from corsair,nzxt, cablemod, pcpartpicker, and several professional builders in discord which build they would prefer and recommend for their customers :rofl:
"amazon will get you a new one at no cost in 2 days" ya like you'd want the same trash til it works until it doesn't.

What confuses me is the fact that people that posted prior to you were actually tryin to help the OP with his specific needs that he is looking for,
yet here you are post whoring irrelevant shit while ignoring OPs request and just stating the obvious, then say u rarely post here cuz it's unproductive :rofl:
are you looking for an approval or something?
Gold: 84.10
May 2 2018 10:28am
how does an ssf case limit performance?

I'm just wondering this logic here
I believe there is some input needed here I know the pros and cons but saying it will limit performance in general needs to be explained

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on May 2 2018 10:30am
May 2 2018 10:38am
Quote (yupitsmeh @ 2 May 2018 09:28)

I believe there is some input needed here I know the pros and cons but saying it will limit performance in general needs to be explained

he just means that overpaying for SFF case and power supply will decrease in performance because OP would not be able to get better parts due to lack of budget.
Gold: 1,590.64
May 2 2018 10:46am
Quote (Secksii @ May 2 2018 12:38pm)
he just means that overpaying for SFF case and power supply will decrease in performance because OP would not be able to get better parts due to lack of budget.

interesting
Gold: 0.00
May 2 2018 11:24am
Quote (yupitsmeh @ May 2 2018 11:28am)

I think he just means performance per dollar since you usually have to pay a premium on case/mobo/psu. Regardless, if the OP asked for a SFF build, I'd bet he knows what he's getting into.

Quote (Incendiary @ May 2 2018 07:15am)

2) Anyone who looks on that sub for 30 seconds can see that's not true, but regardless we get most traffic on the Discord. We have reps from Corsair, NZXT, CableMod, the people who run PCPartPicker, and several professional builders that work for companies like Corsair who can be asked questions and will respond. The level of help there isn't even comparable to this sub because it makes this sub look like a kindergarten (you know, petty people like you who post and hope no one sees you trying to discredit them).
3) The build is gave is vastly better than yours -- you just don't want to admit it. The PSU is a non-issue.

You said we don't know newer hardware? What's your PC build?

2) If you actually believe that, please have one of them come look through this thread and see which build they would recommend. You will be vastly surprised.
3) The build you gave is NOT vastly better... For started it's not the SFF like he requested, and that should instantly null your recommendation. But even if we keep going, the CPU is barely better, and a game like Skyrim will benefit from the increased single core performance of the Intel processor. To add to that, the MOBO, PSU, HDD in that build are all shit. The only thing that's really any better is the GPU. I could make an equivalent build with better hardware for less. You're shorting on so many components. Shit keyboard, monitor, case, psu, mobo, ram, hdd, ssd, really everything except the CPU and GPU.

4) Look at posts 2 and 6.
or this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NXV8J8
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll