d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Thor Ragnarok
Prev1161718192022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,281.69
Dec 7 2017 07:23am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 7 2017 11:06pm)
Is a mid D to low C not mediocre to you? If anyone rated my performance that in anything I do, I'd be looking hard to improve.

except movies aren't school assignments, 7/10 is by definition not mediocre

but i guess if you want to restrict your watchings to only top tier films then that's fine too, I just find it odd that you're slamming these films constantly and then giving them above average ratings

Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 7 2017 11:22pm)
I'm pretty sure 65% is a C, so 70% would be around high C/C+/B- not D.

Funny you mention that, cuz the movie I saw had the "heroes" fighting eachother and not helping eachother for most of the movie while the "bad guy" was murdering Asgardians. Until the heroes decide to finally work together and go to Asgard and start Ragnarok to kill the supposedly most powerful Asgardian ever, without even breaking a sweat.

Again, he lost an eye trying to fight her, and had to destroy his entire homeworld in a last ditch effort to stop her..

without breaking a sweat? lmao

This post was edited by Condemn on Dec 7 2017 07:33am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 7 2017 07:54am
Quote (Condemn @ Dec 7 2017 05:23am)
except movies aren't school assignments, 7/10 is by definition not mediocre

but i guess if you want to restrict your watchings to only top tier films then that's fine too, I just find it odd that you're slamming these films constantly and then giving them above average ratings

Again, he lost an eye trying to fight her, and had to destroy his entire homeworld in a last ditch effort to stop her..

without breaking a sweat? lmao

You people just make no sense lol. 6 to 7 okay, aka: mediocre. 8 is good, 9 would be amazing, 10 would be a perfect movie like True Romance, a rating I haven't given out in the better part of a decade. A 5 and lower is a bad rating, and while you may disagree that a 6.5 - 7/10 doesn't equal a mediocre rating you'd be wrong, since the rating is defined by the reviewer, not a random person who can't understand that a C isn't good. It works exactly like grades do, it's a 7/10, hence a 70%, meaning it was enjoyable enough to pass, but not enjoyable enough to actually recommend to anyone.

Regarding your last comment. I gave the highest reviewed one since the first Iron-Man a C, but ya, I'm just constantly giving these movie massive praise.. once again, not a single iota of logic in your reasoning there.

Also, wtf kind of special ed school did blah go to where a 65 got you a c? If only I could block his idiotic posts on mobile as well.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Dec 7 2017 07:56am
Gold: 10,025.00
Dec 7 2017 01:06pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 7 2017 06:54am)
You people just make no sense lol. 6 to 7 okay, aka: mediocre. 8 is good, 9 would be amazing, 10 would be a perfect movie like True Romance, a rating I haven't given out in the better part of a decade. A 5 and lower is a bad rating, and while you may disagree that a 6.5 - 7/10 doesn't equal a mediocre rating you'd be wrong, since the rating is defined by the reviewer, not a random person who can't understand that a C isn't good. It works exactly like grades do, it's a 7/10, hence a 70%, meaning it was enjoyable enough to pass, but not enjoyable enough to actually recommend to anyone.

Regarding your last comment. I gave the highest reviewed one since the first Iron-Man a C, but ya, I'm just constantly giving these movie massive praise.. once again, not a single iota of logic in your reasoning there.

Also, wtf kind of special ed school did blah go to where a 65 got you a c? If only I could block his idiotic posts on mobile as well.

Most of the known world. Where'd you go that 70% is a D? I mean the schools I went to actually exist...
Dec 7 2017 04:41pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 7 2017 11:06am)
Most of the known world. Where'd you go that 70% is a D? I mean the schools I went to actually exist...

I say 65% is a d and 70 is a low C, responds with "70 isn't a D hur dur hur". Once again, if only I could block you on mobile, this forum would be significantly less painful to visit.
Dec 7 2017 05:09pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 7 2017 03:41pm)
I say 65% is a d and 70 is a low C, responds with "70 isn't a D hur dur hur". Once again, if only I could block you on mobile, this forum would be significantly less painful to visit.

UK: 60+ for C
Japan: 60+ for C
China: 64+ for C
Canada: 65+ for C
Australia: (system is a bit different as D replaces B and HD replaces A, BUT STILL) 65+ for C
India: 60+ for C
Russia: 60+ for C

America is the only place that it's hard to find a grading system for because you guys don't like to talk to eachother for some reason so every school likes to do it differently.

Edit: it doesn't matter if "[you] say 65% is a d and 70% is a low C" because the rest of the entire world disagrees with you.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Dec 7 2017 05:18pm
Dec 7 2017 06:29pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 7 2017 03:09pm)
UK: 60+ for C
Japan: 60+ for C
China: 64+ for C
Canada: 65+ for C
Australia: (system is a bit different as D replaces B and HD replaces A, BUT STILL) 65+ for C
India: 60+ for C
Russia: 60+ for C

America is the only place that it's hard to find a grading system for because you guys don't like to talk to eachother for some reason so every school likes to do it differently.

Edit: it doesn't matter if "[you] say 65% is a d and 70% is a low C" because the rest of the entire world disagrees with you.

TLDR Version - Checked, you have no clue what you're talking about, and what you posted is irrelevant to the conversation anyways, as is EVERYTHING you post.

Last I checked the best collegiate level schools in the world are located in the US... Which is where a 65 is a D. Either way, your argument is painfully fucking pointless and idiotic regardless less of whether or not some schools give Cs for such a terrible score You're still trying to argue that a C isn't mediocre, when it's the middle fucking grade, it is the textbook fucking definition of average. You are literally the thickest non-troll that I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Then there's the fact that I've already explained that a rating is based off the reviewers perception, not the perception of some random moron who only ever wants to try and win arguments with pointless technicalities, without ever noticing that all he ever does is constantly prove his ineptitude.

Funny how it looks like the information you posted is also just flat-out fucking false :rofl: - You fucking crack me up man. You can't even google shit, and yet you try to argue with EVERYONE, about fucking everything. Fucking hysterical.

You know what though, why don't we have some fun, I'll cherry pick a handful of grading systems and we'll see how relevant the information is. Spoiler alert, it's as irrelevant as everything you say :D .

Indonesia - < 74 E 0–0.99 Unsatisfactory - Lowest grade possible
Israel -7 65–74 כמעט טוב‎ (almost good)
Lebanon 6.5–7.9 / D
Saudi Arabia D+ 65–69 1.50
South Korea 60–70 D
Estonio 61–70% D Satisfactory

Literally took me 2 minutes to post this factual information, vs you pulling info from who knows where. But ya, the whole world thinks a 65 is a C right?

The funny thing is though, 90% of countries at least have the the 60-69 category as satisfactory or worse, with 70 being the lowest possible good (for some, plenty have it has fail, unsatisfactory, lowest passing etc). Satisfactory doesn't even come close to correlating to mediocre though, I can see why you're so confused.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Dec 7 2017 06:56pm
Gold: 4.37
Dec 7 2017 06:40pm
I’m beginning to think some of us are being paid to pointlessly argue everyday.

I want my cut.
Dec 7 2017 07:01pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 7 2017 05:29pm)
Last I checked the best collegiate level schools in the world are located in the US... Which is where a 65 is a D. Either way, your argument is painfully fucking pointless and idiotic regardless less of whether or not some schools give Cs for such a terrible score You're still trying to argue that a C isn't mediocre, when it's the middle fucking grade, it is the textbook fucking definition of average. You are literally the thickest non-troll that I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Then there's the fact that I've already explained that a rating is based off the reviewers perception, not the perception of some random moron who only ever wants to try and win arguments with pointless technicalities, without ever noticing that all he ever does is constantly prove his ineptitude.

Funny how it looks like the information you posted is also just flat-out fucking false :rofl: - You fucking crack me up man. You can't even google shit, and yet you try to argue with EVERYONE, about fucking everything. Fucking hysterical.

Last I checked the USA is the only first world country in the world with a deteriorating education system. Oh and also higher education using letter grading system is just absurdly stupid (well letter grading systems are stupid all around, but even worse for higher education).

I've not gone to a single school that hasn't transitioned to just using your actual % grade. I went to one school that tried to implement one but almost immediately dropped it because they realized how stupid it was

I'm not arguing that C isn't mediocre, fucking dolt(could bring up your reading comprehension here again), it's fine if you want to rate movies on your own metric, whatever metric you fucking use (which I assume is just hurr durr is not true romance so it's a 7). What I am saying is you can't then go and try to compare it to a relatively well known metric (letter grading system) and get that metric wrong.

C is satisfactory.
60%-65% + (depending on location) is satisfactory.

The information I posted isn't false, if you were able to do a "basic Google search" you'd know that.

But then again didn't you say something about dropping out of school because a teacher was being unfair to you? You didn't go to his class so he failed you or something? Pretty sure we had a conversation about that before at some point. How you act make a lot of sense of that was you.

Quote (stupidkid282 @ Dec 7 2017 05:40pm)
I’m beginning to think some of us are being paid to pointlessly argue everyday.

I want my cut.

I argue with him about pointless shit because it's an easy way to rage him up. Plus most of what he says in insanely stupid/wrong yet he acts like he is the smartest person in the world. I know no argument will ever penetrate his thick stubborn skull, but maybe one day he will gain some semblance of selfawareness and stop assuming he is on a pedestal.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Dec 7 2017 07:06pm
Dec 7 2017 07:13pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 7 2017 05:29pm)
You know what though, why don't we have some fun, I'll cherry pick a handful of grading systems and we'll see how relevant the information is. Spoiler alert, it's as irrelevant as everything you say :D .

Indonesia - < 74 E 0–0.99 Unsatisfactory - Lowest grade possible
Israel -7 65–74 כמעט טוב‎ (almost good)
Lebanon 6.5–7.9 / D
Saudi Arabia D+ 65–69 1.50
South Korea 60–70 D
Estonio 61–70% D Satisfactory

Literally took me 2 minutes to post this factual information, vs you pulling info from who knows where. But ya, the whole world thinks a 65 is a C right?

The funny thing is though, 90% of countries at least have the the 60-69 category as satisfactory or worse, with 70 being the lowest possible good (for some, plenty have it has fail, unsatisfactory, lowest passing etc). Satisfactory doesn't even come close to correlating to mediocre though, I can see why you're so confused.

Funny how you ignore all the first world countries for your 'cherry picking' and decide to focus on systems of education that are drastically different than North America.

Example: Estonio 61–70% D Satisfactory

In North America D is not satisfactory and C is satisfactory, so if you adapt their system to our system then it would be C not D. And considering you are experienced with the North American education system you can't make any arguments about you saying "well I said d because d is mediocre" when no it fucking isn't in your life experience D is basically a failing grade.

The funny thing is though, 90% of countries at least have the the 60-69 category as satisfactory

This is exactly what I said yet you claim what I said was wrong. Lmfao you really lack any amount of intelligence don't you.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Dec 7 2017 07:13pm
Dec 7 2017 07:54pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 7 2017 05:13pm)
Funny how you ignore all the first world countries for your 'cherry picking' and decide to focus on systems of education that are drastically different than North America.

Example: Estonio 61–70% D Satisfactory

In North America D is not satisfactory and C is satisfactory, so if you adapt their system to our system then it would be C not D. And considering you are experienced with the North American education system you can't make any arguments about you saying "well I said d because d is mediocre" when no it fucking isn't in your life experience D is basically a failing grade.

This is exactly what I said yet you claim what I said was wrong. Lmfao you really lack any amount of intelligence don't you.

South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Israel are all very 3rd world countries.... I was pointing out how fucking pointless what you listed is, and I even stated that the information I was posting was equally as pointless. You can't read, you can't comprehend anything, and you somehow are still convinced that satisfactory and mediocre are different things. You're without a doubt, one of the dumbest pieces of shit I have ever encountered... it's fucking rough man.

Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 7 2017 05:01pm)
I argue with him about pointless shit because it's an easy way to rage him up. Plus most of what he says in insanely stupid/wrong yet he acts like he is the smartest person in the world. I know no argument will ever penetrate his thick stubborn skull, but maybe one day he will gain some semblance of selfawareness and stop assuming he is on a pedestal.

Holy fucking irony. I literally can not prove you any more wrong than I have here lol. Everything you said has either been shown to be irrelevant, and you've fed into what I said, by proving exactly what I just said, or it's been shown to be flat-out wrong, and yet you still somehow think you're right, when your argument in the first place is that my review of a movie is wrong? Are you fucking insane, or just that dumb?

Already blocked you on PC, but this will be the last time I visit this section of the sub on mobile... if you honestly can't see how insane it is to be arguing against someone because you can't comprehend that they use a grading system that corresponds to where they're from (cough, that half the world uses, cough), then it's just another example of you being yet again, the densest mother fucker alive.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Dec 7 2017 08:00pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1161718192022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll