d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > France Wants Help From The U S ...again.
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 21 2017 09:51am
Quote (Ghot @ 21 Oct 2017 15:26)
I'd say the US has had a lot less involvement in "other countries" politics than either England or France has had. But that's not my point.

Militant islam has been rearing it's ugly head long before the US was even a country. I feel it's unfair in the extreme to ONLY look as far back in history as seems to be the current fad. Aka, after the US became involved in the middle east.
It seems that ever since WW II the rest of the world has just sat back and LET the US deal with just about everything.

I don't recall the US ever signing on for such a task. I seem to recall a League of Nations, then a UN...etc. But it always seems to come back to the same thing.
When the world decides things need dealing with...everyone seems to turn to the US when things get serious, at the same time they are criticizing the US on any and everything.

From the US standpoint, I feel sure we would rather let the UN handle things. But that doesn't seem to be working out, does it.
The US could easily close it's borders and just let the world burn....so to speak. We CAN defend, feed, and support ourselves rather easily.

I don't see the world helping to pay for our armies....the ones that they call on continually. Yet at the same time the world seems to find it easy to dis the US for it's lack of 100% govt. subsidized healthcare, among other things.

Why don't I go back farther? Maybe I should. Because the farther back you go the more it's Christianity responsible for horrific acts. Colonisation, crusades, genocide. lmk.

or we can stick to what is currently culturally relevant.
Gold: Locked
Oct 21 2017 09:55am
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 21 2017 08:51am)
Why don't I go back farther? Maybe I should. Because the farther back you go the more it's Christianity responsible for horrific acts. Colonisation, crusades, genocide. lmk.

or we can stick to what is currently culturally relevant.

I think you'll discover that Christianity was a convenient excuse more than a cause.
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 21 2017 09:56am
Here's the deal. If the world wants an army to do it's dirty work...then maybe THEY should build it, send IT's sons and daughters, and pay for it.
The US doesn't work FOR the EU. We aren't part of the EU. Just because the EU thinks it owns the world...doesn't mean it does.

As for religion...how many times do I have to agree with you?

The point of this topic is that you (the rest of the world) can ASK for the US's help, but you don't get to determine HOW we help. We are NOT the UN. We are our own country...deal with it.

/e Did you actually READ the link in the OP? France is TELLING the US they should fight, when France tells the US to fight.

This post was edited by Ghot on Oct 21 2017 09:57am
Gold: 285.00
Oct 21 2017 10:00am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 21 2017 10:41am)
Only if we leave our borders open and pretend we believe that the EU, the UN etc. are any help what so ever. NONE of this crap in Africa or the Middle East is the fault of the USA. These areas were torn up by other countries, long before we came along.

Like I said, if the world wants the US to be the police force (like our sons and daughters mean nothing to us), or to be the world's refugee dumping ground, then I think they should be helping the US instead of deriding it.

As for the healthcare of the non-us countries... high taxes or govt. subsidized is the same thing. :/

/e I guess what I am saying is the US because of it abilities, and it's peoples seems to want to work to help the world. But no one has ever said that we want to work FOR the world..aka the EU or the UN.

If Europe doesn't like the way we do things...well then I'm quite sure we will be willing to step aside and let them handle things.

You are completely delusional and ignorant of recent history. How can you just not know about Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, and Obama?

We are the most warmongering nation on Earth. We are responsible for Africa? How do you think African Americans got here?

Facepalm.jpg

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 21 2017 10:03am
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 21 2017 10:04am
Ignoring ridiculous comment above.

Ok...here's the deal as I see it.

Europe...you don't run the world any more. Your day is done.

It seems we stand at a crossroads these days. The world can decide who they want to rule the world.
The choices seem to be...

Russia
China
Middle East
the US. <---- with this option you at least get to keep your countries and your governments and your beliefs.

Is that clear enough?

/e Time to pick sides folks. And unless YOU all want to step up and supply the army the money etc. I suggest you might wanna be a bit nicer in your thoughts towards the US. Eh?

/ee Side note: Europe or the world, doesn't get a vote on who we elect for president. Or Congress etc. Just like we don't expect a vote in your governments.
England not wanting to talk to Trump...just cracks me up. Hopefully for England, Trump isn't that childish. Hopefully Trump will forget the insult and agree to trade with England...after brexit.

This post was edited by Ghot on Oct 21 2017 10:12am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 21 2017 10:11am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ 21 Oct 2017 15:55)
I think you'll discover that Christianity was a convenient excuse more than a cause.

Tell that to John of Leiden.
Gold: 3,260.00
Oct 21 2017 10:56am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 21 2017 12:00pm)
You are completely delusional and ignorant of recent history. How can you just not know about Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, and Obama?

We are the most warmongering nation on Earth. We are responsible for Africa? How do you think African Americans got here?
Facepalm.jpg

I believe the majority have ancestors generations back that were sold as slaves by African tribal leaders to European merchants on the coast of West Africa in the Triangle Trade.

This post was edited by murder567 on Oct 21 2017 10:56am
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 21 2017 11:02am
Quote (murder567 @ 21 Oct 2017 17:56)
I believe the majority have ancestors generations back that were sold as slaves by African tribal leaders to European merchants on the coast of West Africa in the Triangle Trade.

And this ? You believe it too i guess ?

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Oct 21 2017 11:02am
Gold: 3,260.00
Oct 21 2017 11:03am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Oct 21 2017 01:02pm)
And this ? You believe it too i guess ?

https://i.imgur.com/PAYf2Xi.jpg

Weak. I'll give you some time to try again.
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 21 2017 11:05am
Quote (murder567 @ 21 Oct 2017 18:03)
Weak. I'll give you some time to try again.

Np, weak enough to destroy your shit statement that "it was done in the past by europeans" - aka america not concerned.

Now it's okay i guess you can believe something else that will arrange you.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Oct 21 2017 11:07am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll