d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev1678910646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Nov 16 2017 11:15am
Quote (Knaapie @ 16 Nov 2017 14:01)
Yes we can work perfectly together as independent nations with independent rules and an independent economy, fighting independently about who takes in refugees based up deviating rules and legislation. This is but one issue specifically chosen for you because you can relate to it. And one that is poorly managed with an EU co-operating poorly. In the grand scheme, the temporary increased flow is somewhat insignificant. As long as there are significant difference in living standards there will be immigration, if your country has it great, expect ppl wanting to rush in. You're not the victim here, just the beneficiary of being born in a country that has it great. So with these significant difference in living standards there is a need for a border to not let immigration go beyond a norm that is seen as "manageable". In a way it creates a demand to reduce minimum wage differences within Europe as well.

Every country fighting for their own is counter productive, hence going forward in a more global world with a more united EU seems completely logical.

Rofl.. completely insane

its not only about refugees actually, but migration within the EU as well

massive influx of cheap labour, mainly from eastern europe
many young from spain for example are coming too, when they cant find a job
gypsy clans from bulgaria and romania plundering our welfare state is also a huge problem and the EU couldnt even fix that problem so far (or does not want to)
so there isnt even a concept to make the EU states more equal and organise laws and rules in a way that these people stay in their countries
needless to talk about africa and the middle east :lol:

the current EU is overreaching massively, while they cant handle the most basic stuff
however they are the first to cry about hungary when they take action on their own if no one else does it

for me the EU needs to hit reset and get rid of a lot of dead weight
back to the roots

there is no need to forsake independence for europeans to create some kind of committee that can represent us all in global affairs
same with army coordination etc.

of course there is luck or fate, call it whatever you like, involved that i can live in wealthy state, same as you
this didnt just happen on its own, but our ancestors worked hard and fought hard to create that for us, while others could not do that (for whatever reason)

all countries have the same chances and i do not accept african countries to export their overpopulation and problems, that will drag us down to their level eventually
so yeah, we are the victims here eventually, you and me

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 16 Nov 2017 14:49)
working together is a good idea on issues where the interests of the various european countries are similar to one another, but different from the rest of the world. for example facing russian aggression, making trade deals with china or the united states, securing the outer border and so on.

forcing a common position and course of action is a bad idea on issues where the interests and strengths/weaknesses of the various european countries diverge from one another. for example when it comes industry policy, subsidies, or to the attitude towards making debt, inflation and fiscal responsibility.

on those divisive issues, sober coordination (on equal footing) is better than forced unification of cultures, beliefs and attitudes that just dont match.

thats the thing, even within the EU states are obviously looking out for their own interest
for example macrons pathetic attempt to create a european unemployment insurance under the disguise of more unity, when he just wants to extract german money for his army of unemployed

maybe next time
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 17 2017 09:55am
Quote (ampoo @ 16 Nov 2017 18:15)
its not only about refugees actually, but migration within the EU as well

massive influx of cheap labour, mainly from eastern europe
many young from spain for example are coming too, when they cant find a job
gypsy clans from bulgaria and romania plundering our welfare state is also a huge problem and the EU couldnt even fix that problem so far (or does not want to)
so there isnt even a concept to make the EU states more equal and organise laws and rules in a way that these people stay in their countries
needless to talk about africa and the middle east :lol:

the current EU is overreaching massively, while they cant handle the most basic stuff
however they are the first to cry about hungary when they take action on their own if no one else does it

for me the EU needs to hit reset and get rid of a lot of dead weight
back to the roots

there is no need to forsake independence for europeans to create some kind of committee that can represent us all in global affairs
same with army coordination etc.

of course there is luck or fate, call it whatever you like, involved that i can live in wealthy state, same as you
this didnt just happen on its own, but our ancestors worked hard and fought hard to create that for us, while others could not do that (for whatever reason)

all countries have the same chances and i do not accept african countries to export their overpopulation and problems, that will drag us down to their level eventually
so yeah, we are the victims here eventually, you and me

thats the thing, even within the EU states are obviously looking out for their own interest
for example macrons pathetic attempt to create a european unemployment insurance under the disguise of more unity, when he just wants to extract german money for his army of unemployed

maybe next time

There have been debates here that EU and the Euro currency should have been for the north western countries alone, as it was in the beginning. They seem to be economically and culturally more aligned to be more easily work closer together. Would have been less ambitious but easier to agree and more stable. At this point the government and companies are benefiting from cheap seasonal and cheap international labor. (I think that would have been the same with a smaller EU, due to Schengen). And a way it is increasing our competitiveness (as a country), but this competitiveness is mostly felt in the cheap labor sector that we already have. and they already seem to be having a hard time with higher prices for housing and more flexible 0 hour contracts. So I understand the reasoning. In a way the best solution right now is that economies in poorer countries are gonna need to increase faster so that we can increase minimums there giving us more fair competition for cheap labor here. (We're seeing that in Poland right now, our agriculture has more problems getting seasonal labor for some time, due to Poland doing better). A more easy tool in better enforcement of EU legislation we already have. Truck drivers for instance camp in their Trucks on mandatory rest days in the Netherlands, not allowed by EU legislation, but almost not checked upon, allowing them to keep their €60,- compensation for finding a hotel. Romanians with a minimum wage of less than 300 euros are obviously willing to live in their trucks earning 4x their minimum monthly wage. The plus side is that it's pushing our civilization towards the education level needed for a automated society, but we definitely need to improve to create more fair competition. So, it's not entirely true that we aren't moving towards better legislation and equal chances.. It's just a bit too slow... (too much held back by economical incentives for cheap labor)

As for our ancestors working hard.. Yes they did. Immense improvements made in every field. I wish we could have done it without plundering the world.. And eventually there is a logical economical decline by banning slaves and taking every resource by force. Europe has never been important for any trade route without us creating it. So eventually we will decline if we don't innovate the shit out of this world. ^^

/e: can't reply to all and not make this tl;dr

This post was edited by Knaapie on Nov 17 2017 10:07am
Nov 17 2017 10:43am
Quote (Knaapie @ 17 Nov 2017 16:55)
There have been debates here that EU and the Euro currency should have been for the north western countries alone, as it was in the beginning. They seem to be economically and culturally more aligned to be more easily work closer together. Would have been less ambitious but easier to agree and more stable. At this point the government and companies are benefiting from cheap seasonal and cheap international labor. (I think that would have been the same with a smaller EU, due to Schengen). And a way it is increasing our competitiveness (as a country), but this competitiveness is mostly felt in the cheap labor sector that we already have. and they already seem to be having a hard time with higher prices for housing and more flexible 0 hour contracts. So I understand the reasoning. In a way the best solution right now is that economies in poorer countries are gonna need to increase faster so that we can increase minimums there giving us more fair competition for cheap labor here. (We're seeing that in Poland right now, our agriculture has more problems getting seasonal labor for some time, due to Poland doing better). A more easy tool in better enforcement of EU legislation we already have. Truck drivers for instance camp in their Trucks on mandatory rest days in the Netherlands, not allowed by EU legislation, but almost not checked upon, allowing them to keep their €60,- compensation for finding a hotel. Romanians with a minimum wage of less than 300 euros are obviously willing to live in their trucks earning 4x their minimum monthly wage. The plus side is that it's pushing our civilization towards the education level needed for a automated society, but we definitely need to improve to create more fair competition. So, it's not entirely true that we aren't moving towards better legislation and equal chances.. It's just a bit too slow... (too much held back by economical incentives for cheap labor)

As for our ancestors working hard.. Yes they did. Immense improvements made in every field. I wish we could have done it without plundering the world.. And eventually there is a logical economical decline by banning slaves and taking every resource by force. Europe has never been important for any trade route without us creating it. So eventually we will decline if we don't innovate the shit out of this world. ^^

/e: can't reply to all and not make this tl;dr

i mostly agree and your observations are the same i made

its the same in germany with polish workers in the agriculture sector, they are doing something "better" now and now you can see bulgarians and romanians there
if these countries catch up, i wonder where the next cheap labour force comes from
and i would also sleep in my truck to keep that money, i thought this was standard procedure lol ^^

thing is, what you call "competitiveness" has just been generating huge profits for corporations and has pushed many natives out of the market or ruined the prices
you can ask a random german craftsman or owner of a small business how hard eastern european competition has been, neither german politicians nor the EU did anything
job markets like retail sale are even worse, in my local supermarket i swear i have never seen the same cashier twice
full time jobs removed for low wage/low hour jobs that also save these companies a lot of tax and insurance money they would have to pay otherwise
and since the market is full with people, if a local guy does not take a job they will find a random migrant to do it instead

the "foreigner stole my job" narrative is something for ultra right wing nutjobs, however you cant deny the huge pressure and therefore frustration of many people in europe

actually their home countries need that labour, but they have no money to invest
i would force european corporations to build and invest in countries like romania instead of letting them go to bangladesh or whatever, but obviously the EU puppets wouldnt do anything to ruin their masters profits
and since you bring automation in here....with hundreds of thousands or even millions of jobs disappearing in the future that makes it even more important to do something
will be hard enough to tell so many people that there is actually no use for them and we will have to throw enough money at them to be quiet

i dont buy the "our ancestors plundered the world to become great" narrative, our civilisations were far superior before any kind of colonialism started
needless to say that only rich people profited anyway
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 17 2017 11:22am
Quote (ampoo @ 17 Nov 2017 17:43)
i mostly agree and your observations are the same i made

its the same in germany with polish workers in the agriculture sector, they are doing something "better" now and now you can see bulgarians and romanians there
if these countries catch up, i wonder where the next cheap labour force comes from
and i would also sleep in my truck to keep that money, i thought this was standard procedure lol ^^

thing is, what you call "competitiveness" has just been generating huge profits for corporations and has pushed many natives out of the market or ruined the prices
you can ask a random german craftsman or owner of a small business how hard eastern european competition has been, neither german politicians nor the EU did anything
job markets like retail sale are even worse, in my local supermarket i swear i have never seen the same cashier twice
full time jobs removed for low wage/low hour jobs that also save these companies a lot of tax and insurance money they would have to pay otherwise
and since the market is full with people, if a local guy does not take a job they will find a random migrant to do it instead

the "foreigner stole my job" narrative is something for ultra right wing nutjobs, however you cant deny the huge pressure and therefore frustration of many people in europe

actually their home countries need that labour, but they have no money to invest
i would force european corporations to build and invest in countries like romania instead of letting them go to bangladesh or whatever, but obviously the EU puppets wouldnt do anything to ruin their masters profits
and since you bring automation in here....with hundreds of thousands or even millions of jobs disappearing in the future that makes it even more important to do something
will be hard enough to tell so many people that there is actually no use for them and we will have to throw enough money at them to be quiet

i dont buy the "our ancestors plundered the world to become great" narrative, our civilisations were far superior before any kind of colonialism started

That's actually what Germany has been doing for over a decade now, they have done a form a mini globalization in Europe, commendable imo, support your fellow European. France moved a Dacia (renault) factory to Romania as well. And I'm sure there are many examples I don't know about. So in a way we are moving towards it.

As for the job market locally: it indeed wasn't great to see and witness a relative small but long crisis. The need and price for labor should catch up with it becoming more scarce again. Yet in these times we also need a social movement and a government to not go to far in the egocentric race for the bottom on cheap labor and multinational taxation in the near future, to actually allow increased standards for the poor to happen. Imo we need to go towards more international transparency and standards to not let citizens pay the taxes for corporation that can evade them through loopholes and the tax heavens we have.

Quote (ampoo @ 17 Nov 2017 17:43)

Might be an easier perspective for me to have.

We've stolen quite a bit of Spanish gold, whom had stolen it in South America.

lol, translated from dutch from wiki: ""piracy" commissioned by a state was very common and legal in those years."
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilvervloot

This post was edited by Knaapie on Nov 17 2017 11:37am
Nov 17 2017 01:24pm
Quote (Knaapie @ 17 Nov 2017 18:22)
That's actually what Germany has been doing for over a decade now, they have done a form a mini globalization in Europe, commendable imo, support your fellow European. France moved a Dacia (renault) factory to Romania as well. And I'm sure there are many examples I don't know about. So in a way we are moving towards it.

As for the job market locally: it indeed wasn't great to see and witness a relative small but long crisis. The need and price for labor should catch up with it becoming more scarce again. Yet in these times we also need a social movement and a government to not go to far in the egocentric race for the bottom on cheap labor and multinational taxation in the near future, to actually allow increased standards for the poor to happen. Imo we need to go towards more international transparency and standards to not let citizens pay the taxes for corporation that can evade them through loopholes and the tax heavens we have.

Might be an easier perspective for me to have.

We've stolen quite a bit of Spanish gold, whom had stolen it in South America.

lol, translated from dutch from wiki: ""piracy" commissioned by a state was very common and legal in those years."
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilvervloot

you mean like this? https://www.ft.com/content/fac76fd1-7cf6-3abb-8fad-5cebfd6d96bd
the EU will fail to care take of this as well, because somehow somewhere some guy has connections and makes a living from it
its the typical smoke grenade "look people we are taking action", when in reality this will be legal dispute that will be forgotten soon enough and the show goes on
wouldnt be too easy to just force these apple criminals to pay up, prohibit the sale of their products until they have and they will do it immediately

thats why i think the EU is beyong saving without a complete restart, tabula rasa

everyone has stolen something from someone at some point in history, i am sure i would find plenty of stuff that you guys took from us and of course the other way around :p
Gold: 10,655.00
Gold: 107.77
Nov 19 2017 09:12am
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 19 2017 09:20am
Quote (Ghot @ 19 Nov 2017 16:04)

please dont bump a topic if it's just to add links without a single point, else it's just spam

Quote (MSX98 @ 19 Nov 2017 16:12)

spam again, why doing this, could an obese american meme be an answer ? sry but all that is annoying, go back in general chat please

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Nov 19 2017 09:21am
Gold: 285.00
Nov 19 2017 09:32am
Quote (MSX98 @ Nov 19 2017 10:12am)

How many battles have you been in?

Probably as many as the guy on the right.
Gold: 10,655.00
Nov 19 2017 09:42am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Nov 19 2017 11:20am)
please dont bump a topic if it's just to add links without a single point, else it's just spam

spam again, why doing this, could an obese american meme be an answer ? sry but all that is annoying, go back in general chat please

No...it's not spam, it's some EU news. It's no fun for you if you can't link some inaccurate article and then argue about things?

/e Imma go see if Texas is bored and wants to annihilate France before lunch. :/

This post was edited by Ghot on Nov 19 2017 09:52am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678910646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll