d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev1497498499500501646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 25 2020 10:20am
it's just amazing to see how conservatives somehow arrived at the conclusion that it's the EU that isn't interested in a post brexit deal, and that the UK government had a reasonable plan that was rejected out of spite - because that isn't even remotely close to the truth.

there are some core issues that the EU insists on (things we discussed ad nauseam in various brexit threads), and they have been clear from day one - it was the other side that ignored those for the longest time, internally discussed and sought political majorities for proposals everybody knew would be rejected by the EU negotiators. they wasted time for political reasons, tried to domestically consolidate power with promises they knew were empty, and now they publicly cry about the EU maintaining its position, trying to pass the buck. that's just dishonest.

of course the EU has to insist on its core demands, otherwise every member could just leave and pick the cherries while ignoring the commitments - which is basically what the UK tried to do for decades and STILL does. the UK had several different options: a deal like norway has with the EU, the swiss model, the singapore model, or no deal (meaning WTO rules) - none of those are "economic blackmailing", or whatever dishonest people want to call it. the only thing that was off the table (again, from day one, and understandably so) was free access to the single market without contributing to the EU budget and guaranteeing free movement.
Gold: 98,921.50
Oct 25 2020 02:38pm
Quote (fender @ Oct 25 2020 05:20pm)
it's just amazing to see how conservatives somehow arrived at the conclusion that it's the EU that isn't interested in a post brexit deal, and that the UK government had a reasonable plan that was rejected out of spite - because that isn't even remotely close to the truth.

there are some core issues that the EU insists on (things we discussed ad nauseam in various brexit threads), and they have been clear from day one - it was the other side that ignored those for the longest time, internally discussed and sought political majorities for proposals everybody knew would be rejected by the EU negotiators. they wasted time for political reasons, tried to domestically consolidate power with promises they knew were empty, and now they publicly cry about the EU maintaining its position, trying to pass the buck. that's just dishonest.

of course the EU has to insist on its core demands, otherwise every member could just leave and pick the cherries while ignoring the commitments - which is basically what the UK tried to do for decades and STILL does. the UK had several different options: a deal like norway has with the EU, the swiss model, the singapore model, or no deal (meaning WTO rules) - none of those are "economic blackmailing", or whatever dishonest people want to call it. the only thing that was off the table (again, from day one, and understandably so) was free access to the single market without contributing to the EU budget and guaranteeing free movement.

Ye lol, keep believing that it's not the EU's fault that the British left and "populism" is on the rise everywhere. You know what, pls double down and repeat the "wir schaffen das" 2015 disaster, pls keep raising the EU budget infinitely cuz you're so keen on wasting money on subsidies and useless projects, keep shoving illegal aliens down countries throats that don't want them cuz they believe in actually enforcing immigration laws.

Keep it up till you've blown that fragile union and many decades of work have gone up in smoke. I'm already looking forward to your QQ that it was the "far right" that hacked the union, lol
\

Oct 25 2020 03:25pm
Quote (Djunior @ 25 Oct 2020 21:38)
Ye lol, keep believing that it's not the EU's fault that the British left and "populism" is on the rise everywhere. You know what, pls double down and repeat the "wir schaffen das" 2015 disaster, pls keep raising the EU budget infinitely cuz you're so keen on wasting money on subsidies and useless projects, keep shoving illegal aliens down countries throats that don't want them cuz they believe in actually enforcing immigration laws.

Keep it up till you've blown that fragile union and many decades of work have gone up in smoke. I'm already looking forward to your QQ that it was the "far right" that hacked the union, lol
\

you know you don't have an actual argument when you're triggered into a mad rant that doesn't even TRY to address the topic at hand, which is a post brexit deal, lol.

your posts here are pure cringe. you obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. you regularly conflate seperate issues, and uncritically regurgitate long debunked leave grifter talking points. it couldn't be more obvious that you're completely out of your element here, kid.

for the record: i've been openly critical of the EU in its current form, and never made a secret out of that. that does, however, not mean that anything of what i said in my previous post is wrong, or that those are somehow contradicting positions. that's only true in the simplistic world you seem to live in, where one has to pick a side and then roll with everything they do, no matter what...
Warn: 10%
Oct 25 2020 04:58pm
Brexit was lead by the UK version of Trump. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Russians were behind it.
Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 26 2020 12:54am
Quote (MizzouFTW @ 26 Oct 2020 00:58)
Brexit was lead by the UK version of Trump. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Russians were behind it.

Dear diary:

Day 581: muh Russians!
Gold: 260.11
Oct 26 2020 01:27am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Oct 26 2020 01:54am)
Dear diary:

Day 581: muh Russians!

I mean, the FBI has concluded theyve had a hand in support for most things because they're trying to sew chaos.

Its really easy to do it too since social media is so easy.
Oct 26 2020 10:12am
Quote (fender @ Oct 25 2020 10:25pm)
you know you don't have an actual argument when you're triggered into a mad rant that doesn't even TRY to address the topic at hand, which is a post brexit deal, lol.

your posts here are pure cringe. you obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. you regularly conflate seperate issues, and uncritically regurgitate long debunked leave grifter talking points. it couldn't be more obvious that you're completely out of your element here, kid.

for the record: i've been openly critical of the EU in its current form, and never made a secret out of that. that does, however, not mean that anything of what i said in my previous post is wrong, or that those are somehow contradicting positions. that's only true in the simplistic world you seem to live in, where one has to pick a side and then roll with everything they do, no matter what...

lol, this made my day

You morons are still expecting the UK to come round and stick to your beloved union, don't you. Well it's too late you've fucked up the relationship with the UK so badly that they don't care and are ready for a hard brexit.

What, doesn't matter cuz you expansionists are looking East and Albania is next on your list? Well good luck with that and get ready to feed them money by the truckload. I'll watch the shit show unfold while eating popcorn.

Cya

This post was edited by Djunior on Oct 26 2020 10:12am
Oct 26 2020 02:58pm
Quote (Djunior @ 26 Oct 2020 17:12)
lol, this made my day

You morons are still expecting the UK to come round and stick to your beloved union, don't you. Well it's too late you've fucked up the relationship with the UK so badly that they don't care and are ready for a hard brexit.

What, doesn't matter cuz you expansionists are looking East and Albania is next on your list? Well good luck with that and get ready to feed them money by the truckload. I'll watch the shit show unfold while eating popcorn.

Cya

holy shit, your reading comprehension is not even on 3rd grade level. first of all, nothing in your post has anything to do with the possible options of a post brexit deal, which was the original subject of this discussion - and something you clearly don't even begin to comprehend, considering your asinine takes on the topic. secondly, just to entertain your little strawman there, the EU's rapid eastern expansions are one of the main criticisms that i repeatedly leveled against it, so it's quite funny to see you pretend that i'm somehow in favour of that. again, only in your simplistic world is that a thing - intelligent people don't treat politics like sports, where you support your team no matter what it does...

finally, to get this back on track, you don't have to be an EU shill or even an EU proponent to acknowledge the facts about the whole brexit situation, and realise it was the UK side that did not come up with a reasonable proposal for the longest time, and that they STILL have various different options open to them, none of which could be fairly described as "economic blackmailing" - or whatever mental gymnastics right wing idiots attempt in order to portray the UK as the victim in this whole disaster. it's entirely up to them if they choose a hard brexit. the EU hasn't shut a single of the multiple different doors that were transparently open to them from day one.
Oct 26 2020 03:55pm
Quote (fender @ Oct 26 2020 09:58pm)
holy shit, your reading comprehension is not even on 3rd grade level. first of all, nothing in your post has anything to do with the possible options of a post brexit deal, which was the original subject of this discussion - and something you clearly don't even begin to comprehend, considering your asinine takes on the topic. secondly, just to entertain your little strawman there, the EU's rapid eastern expansions are one of the main criticisms that i repeatedly leveled against it, so it's quite funny to see you pretend that i'm somehow in favour of that. again, only in your simplistic world is that a thing - intelligent people don't treat politics like sports, where you support your team no matter what it does...

finally, to get this back on track, you don't have to be an EU shill or even an EU proponent to acknowledge the facts about the whole brexit situation, and realise it was the UK side that did not come up with a reasonable proposal for the longest time, and that they STILL have various different options open to them, none of which could be fairly described as "economic blackmailing" - or whatever mental gymnastics right wing idiots attempt in order to portray the UK as the victim in this whole disaster. it's entirely up to them if they choose a hard brexit. the EU hasn't shut a single of the multiple different doors that were transparently open to them from day one.

lol

Post-brexit deal is most likely the UK talking to the US, Canada and China bwahaha

You boys shouldn't have been such crooks to keep raising the EU budget to infinity, empty their fishing waters and shoving illegal aliens down their throats. You've lost the British now, get over it son.

Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 27 2020 12:21am
Quote (Djunior @ 26 Oct 2020 23:55)
lol

Post-brexit deal is most likely the UK talking to the US, Canada and China bwahaha

You boys shouldn't have been such crooks to keep raising the EU budget to infinity, empty their fishing waters and shoving illegal aliens down their throats. You've lost the British now, get over it son.

If Johnson has to go into negotiations for a trade deal with the Chinese from a position of weakness, he betters brings a chunk of wood to bite on, because Xi wont bring lube.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Oct 27 2020 12:21am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1497498499500501646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll