d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev1297298299300301646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Feb 17 2019 03:21pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 17 Feb 2019 21:59)
Due to diplomatic concerns, some countries tend to avoid sentencing to death foreigners from countries that don't have a death penalty. Here in Spain our ambassadors and Foreign Affairs Ministries have managed to change some death sentences to life sentences... mostly involving drug traffic in South East Asia.

Well, I'll at least post stuff every now and then, and you can always ask here or via PM if you have specific questions. I just don't want to flood this thread with an issue nobody cares about, or create a new one where I would be chaining 8 posts in a row as if it was my blog :D

Oh, I always think your insights on the political situation in Spain are very interesting. The problem is just that I dont know too much about Spanish politics, so I can rarely give a comment. But this lack of a reply from my side doesnt mean that your effort isnt noticed and appreciated - it is, and I hope you keep us up to date on the situation in Spain!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 18 2019 03:57am
Gold: 2,570.91
Feb 18 2019 05:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 17 Feb 2019 22:21)
Oh, I always think your insights on the political situation in Spain are very interesting. The problem is just that I dont know too much about Spanish politics, so I can rarely give a comment. But this lack of a reply from my side doesnt mean that your effort isnt noticed and appreciated - it is, and I hope you keep us up to date on the situation in Spain!

Ok, will do once there is more stable and relevant issue on the topic. Right now we don't even know how many parties will constes the elections. Some regional parties that never run have announced that they are interested in taking part, as they are tired of seeing how other regions like Catalonia or Euskadi get a favorable treatment due to their leverage power in the national parliament. Also, polls are contradicting themselves right now, as they've been rushed as soon as Sánchez announced the election date... we will have to see how things stablize, and also how the campaign evolves.
Feb 18 2019 05:46am
Meanwhile, in Italy:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/italys-schoolteachers-are-being-taught-to-deal-with-the-devil

The government is funding "exorcism courses" for religion school teachers. Shortly after Salvini claimed that satanism and the worship of the anti-Christ was an underlying threat to Italian society, the Ministry of Education has started a project to teach teachers how exorcise students, should it be necessary. The ministry is especially concerned with drug abuse, which they consider might be a form of satanic influence.

Honestly, I can respect the people who are alt-right or christian conservative, and like Salvini's policies on foreign relations, border control, economy, conservatism, etc... I don't like these ideas, but I can accept them and I defend people's right to them. But tbh I have a really hard time taking seriously the Lega Nord party... it's full of anti-science nutjobs and conspiracy theorists that speak of satanism and Kalergi plans in their meetings.
Gold: 3.33
Feb 18 2019 06:56am
Holy shit, 7 labour mps have left the party and will likely form a centre left breakaway party. Reasons given are the institutional antisemitism in the party, the labour leadership’s pro-brexit stance, bullying of MPs, and general disagreement with the ultra left wing. There could be more MPs leaving, but in the short term it’s likely to only be a few as many will stay at least until the Brexit issue is sorted.
Gold: 83.30
Feb 18 2019 06:59am
Quote (dro94 @ Feb 18 2019 12:56pm)
Holy shit, 7 labour mps have left the party and will likely form a centre left breakaway party. Reasons given are the institutional antisemitism in the party, the labour leadership’s pro-brexit stance, bullying of MPs, and general disagreement with the ultra left wing. There could be more MPs leaving, but in the short term it’s likely to only be a few as many will stay at least until the Brexit issue is sorted.

What's the likelihood of them falling back into the party if Corbyn's gone?
Feb 18 2019 07:08am
Quote (balrog66 @ Feb 18 2019 01:59pm)
What's the likelihood of them falling back into the party if Corbyn's gone?

Quite high I’d say, but if they thought it was likely that Corbyn would go they would have stayed. The changing of membership rules has allowed hundreds of thousands of very left wing young people into the party that support Corbyn regardless, and they’re aware of this. Even if Corbyn went, the membership would demand a leader that’s more left wing than a Chuka Umunna, so really their time is up in Labour.
Feb 18 2019 07:09am
Quote (dro94 @ 18 Feb 2019 13:56)

Blairites are celebrating, I guess?

Honestly, I'm surprised that such a political party or movement doesn't exist in a country polarized between the awful leaders that are May and Corbyn.
Feb 18 2019 07:18am
Quote (zarkadon @ Feb 18 2019 02:09pm)
Blairites are celebrating, I guess?

Honestly, I'm surprised that such a political party or movement doesn't exist in a country polarized between the awful leaders that are May and Corbyn.

I support their decision to leave the party. The current parties don’t represent the interests of the people and a major realignment is on the horizon. The country is crying out for a centre left party
Gold: 83.30
Feb 18 2019 07:28am
Quote (dro94 @ Feb 18 2019 01:18pm)
I support their decision to leave the party. The current parties don’t represent the interests of the people and a major realignment is on the horizon. The country is crying out for a centre left party

Would such a party gain much traction with those who lean Tory atm (or are undecided)?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1297298299300301646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll