d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Where Is Lebron Heading Next Year?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,479.31
Aug 17 2017 11:52am
Quote (Lonzo @ Aug 17 2017 12:50pm)
Except heat traded dwade
Bulls traded jimmy buckets

Heat didn't trade Wade lol
Gold: 2.66
Aug 17 2017 11:57am
Loyalty in the nba is so laughable now. Since when are people supposed to be loyal to their employer? Employers use people like chewing gum. And the military is worse. You get injured, then you get discharged. Employers should never be looked as your friend. I'm glad more players are going the money route. The money gives them more than respect, rings, and loyalty can ever give. Also, they have to learn business, and try really hard not to spend it all by the end of their careers.
Gold: 3,100.00
Aug 17 2017 11:58am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Aug 17 2017 05:53am)
Houston to play with Harden/Paul/Melo

So he's going to take the vet min?
Why are all rockette fan's dumb as a rock.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 17 2017 12:27pm
Quote (Lonzo @ 17 Aug 2017 13:50)
Except heat traded dwade
Bulls traded jimmy buckets

I don't like Wade but he put in his time and didn't get what he wanted. I actually think ownership was disloyal to him, even if I think he's a dbag.

Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ 17 Aug 2017 13:57)
Loyalty in the nba is so laughable now. Since when are people supposed to be loyal to their employer? Employers use people like chewing gum. And the military is worse. You get injured, then you get discharged. Employers should never be looked as your friend. I'm glad more players are going the money route. The money gives them more than respect, rings, and loyalty can ever give. Also, they have to learn business, and try really hard not to spend it all by the end of their careers.

I don't think it's loyalty to the employer. I think it's pride of place--loyalty to the team and the city.

Look, if I was in the NBA, I'd jump at the opportunity to play for the Raptors, win or lose. If I was a superstar and I had to take a 25% pay cut, I'd play for them. If they were building and I needed to take a 50% pay cut, I'd play for them. Ownership would have nothing to do with it. It's just a personal way of seeing the opportunity to play the game. If I was older and I'd already won some ships and I got Wade'd, I might look elsewhere but not without giving a lot of love and thanks to the fans on my way out.
Gold: 2.66
Aug 17 2017 12:56pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Aug 17 2017 02:27pm)
I don't think it's loyalty to the employer. I think it's pride of place--loyalty to the team and the city.

Look, if I was in the NBA, I'd jump at the opportunity to play for the Raptors, win or lose. If I was a superstar and I had to take a 25% pay cut, I'd play for them. If they were building and I needed to take a 50% pay cut, I'd play for them. Ownership would have nothing to do with it. It's just a personal way of seeing the opportunity to play the game. If I was older and I'd already won some ships and I got Wade'd, I might look elsewhere but not without giving a lot of love and thanks to the fans on my way out.

Since when are players supposed to be loyal to their co-workers, and the home city where the employer's office and workplace resides?

I know it's your opinion. But it is something I can never agree with. For me, loyalty is a joke in a system that is designed to fuck people over. Im not saying loyalty is a completely horrible construct. Imo, it can be very good but not in a capitalistic society. And the ones that are loyal may be ignorant. They have this sense to belong to a group. And that is what military also uses to manipulate young people. For example, We are family, I am your father! I think thats the loyalty that you are alluding to. Imo, this loyalty bs is just used to manipulate people. Thats why some of these young bucks that start in the nba have that mentality. They later learn that loyalty ain't shit.

This post was edited by Malignanttumor666 on Aug 17 2017 12:56pm
Gold: 32,090.31
Aug 17 2017 01:27pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Aug 17 2017 12:29pm)
^ I still believe in old school loyalty. Back when guys weren't playing for as much money, there was more of felt loyalty to teams/cities. I'd argue that with being paid a lot more now, players should be even more loyal, because they shouldn't have financial burdens--it's another level of autonomy.

Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, MJ, Magic, Bird, Reggie ... part of what made them legendary was their loyalty. Lebron half-assed loyalty by returning to Cleveland. But he's leaving again, true to himself.

If you're a player and you get moved around, that sucks. Especially if you're loyal. But maybe you can prove yourself and come back, and that would be amazing. But if you're a superstar, and if you're playing in your home city ... I have 0 respect for you if you dodge. I understand that people should be able to live where they want, but if you're from somewhere and you're talented, you better get out quickly and not return. Otherwise, it sets up loyalty questions, and it's like a horrible tease to people who look up to you to make their city and culture better.

That's just my perspective, and maybe it's outmoded by today's game.

Used to be pretty strong on this. Seeing different things over the years have slowly changed my opinion and the last straw was Jimmy.

You have an all star saying that he loves where he is and wants to stay and gets shipped off because the team wants to make money off of him, essentially.

I say more power to Lebron for doing what he wants with his career. He doesn't owe anyone or a city for anything.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 17 2017 01:43pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ 17 Aug 2017 15:27)
Used to be pretty strong on this. Seeing different things over the years have slowly changed my opinion and the last straw was Jimmy.

You have an all star saying that he loves where he is and wants to stay and gets shipped off because the team wants to make money off of him, essentially.

I say more power to Lebron for doing what he wants with his career. He doesn't owe anyone or a city for anything.

That's just the organization, not the people of the city. I am thinking love of the people trumps (no pun intended) hate for organization.

Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ 17 Aug 2017 14:56)
Since when are players supposed to be loyal to their co-workers, and the home city where the employer's office and workplace resides?

I know it's your opinion. But it is something I can never agree with. For me, loyalty is a joke in a system that is designed to fuck people over. Im not saying loyalty is a completely horrible construct. Imo, it can be very good but not in a capitalistic society. And the ones that are loyal may be ignorant. They have this sense to belong to a group. And that is what military also uses to manipulate young people. For example, We are family, I am your father! I think thats the loyalty that you are alluding to. Imo, this loyalty bs is just used to manipulate people. Thats why some of these young bucks that start in the nba have that mentality. They later learn that loyalty ain't shit.

I understand what you're saying, but I think it's just about people and love. You can have a sense of loyalty that transcends civic duty, business, and all of that horrible sh*t. I'm thinking of how Larry was loyal to Boston. I don't think he gave a flying f*ck about ownership. He loved the game, he was proud of where he was from, but he grew to love Boston because he loved the fans and the people in it. In a way, it was his city. At least he picked one, which is more tan I can say for Lebron.

It's a personal choice whether someone buys into all the manacles of capitalism and a militant nation. You can choose to transcend that and love the people in your city enough to want to bring them joy and a real sense of winning. NBA basketball, NFL football, etc are rigged like war machines, perpetuating the ideals of war and civic duty, taking sides, violence, etc.. But as an athlete, you have a choice. You can be like Ali. You can be like Larry.

Lebron buys into much worse b.s. than the kind of loyalty you thought I might be talking about. I don't mind if he hates the organization. But if you're from Akron, you don't need to jump on the first plane to Miami. You can actually care about representing something at home and bringing pride and joy into people's hearts and homes. Fuck the organization, play ball. If it's REALLY that bad, OK, but it wasn't so bad the first time LBJ left. He's making the choice to not make things better for anyone but himself.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Aug 17 2017 01:44pm
Gold: 7,720.00
Aug 17 2017 02:41pm
Quote (LeDaddy @ 17 Aug 2017 09:48)
How does one solve the issue of Dan Gilbert being a cheap, spiteful Jew?

?

most gms 30m+ over the salary cap, paying luxuries would be too, particularly when you aint bringing the ship home, a franchise cog is expressing disinterest and a largely looming presumption is that lebron wont stick around
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2017 02:44pm
Quote (macfinn @ Aug 17 2017 03:41pm)
?

most gms 30m+ over the salary cap, paying luxuries would be too, particularly when you aint bringing the ship home, a franchise cog is expressing disinterest and a largely looming presumption is that lebron wont stick around

Refusal to properly pay any GM, refusal to pay for any decent coach. Back to his first stint with a Cleveland, refusal to make any sort of positive changes to build a team around Lebron. Plus his letter.

Fuck Dan Gilbert
Gold: 152.00
Aug 17 2017 03:30pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Aug 17 2017 11:25am)
Lebron is getting into the Michael Vick/Mike Tyson/Pete Rose sports history douche bag territory. If he's committed to Cleveland, there needs to be a solution to ANY issues between Lebron and ownership, and he should stop crying about everything to the world. Way to finish things at home.

Getting hysterical over a Tweet from one of the most notoriously unreliable NBA "reporters" in the world.

You need to calm down about LeBron.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll