d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Where Is Lebron Heading Next Year?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,479.31
Aug 17 2017 08:46am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 17 2017 09:29am)
The same way the Warriors afford Curry, Durant, Klay and Dray.

Draymond is on the biggest bargain contract in the league. Those are 4 veteran max players. Not the same thing
Gold: 7,720.00
Aug 17 2017 09:14am
Quote (AspenSniper @ 17 Aug 2017 08:06)
I see him fitting in with the Wizards. He's never had a true point and SG to work with. He had D wade, then he had kyrie, but he's never had both together. I know beal + wall is not the same as prime d-wade + kyrie, but it's a good combo. The post players are aging and I know they have Otto Porter at 3, but I think if the wizards can add Lebron then get a solid pf/center like Gobert, Whiteside or Drummond (maybe even k-love but eh I don't think so), they'll be pretty damn unstoppable. And he can stay in the east.

Kyries a true pg

Roger that
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 17 2017 09:25am
Quote (bena2OO5 @ 17 Aug 2017 08:16)
@sheridanhoops
NBA source said today: "This will be LeBron's final season in Cleveland. He is 100 percent leaving. Relationship with owners beyond repair."

Lebron is getting into the Michael Vick/Mike Tyson/Pete Rose sports history douche bag territory. If he's committed to Cleveland, there needs to be a solution to ANY issues between Lebron and ownership, and he should stop crying about everything to the world. Way to finish things at home.
Gold: 540.00
Aug 17 2017 09:36am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Aug 17 2017 11:25am)
Lebron is getting into the Michael Vick/Mike Tyson/Pete Rose sports history douche bag territory. If he's committed to Cleveland, there needs to be a solution to ANY issues between Lebron and ownership, and he should stop crying about everything to the world. Way to finish things at home.

He got them a ring

basically fulfills his promise
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2017 09:48am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Aug 17 2017 10:25am)

How does one solve the issue of Dan Gilbert being a cheap, spiteful Jew?
Retired Moderator
Aug 17 2017 09:50am
Quote (bena2OO5 @ 17 Aug 2017 11:36)
He got them a ring

basically fulfills his promise

He got them a ring and that was HUGE, but it's his hometown team and he put on that he was going to finish his career there and win them multiple championships for the city. I don't think he's off the hook if he leaves--not by a long shot.

If ownership is more than 50% at fault here, we will find out eventually. That would excuse him somewhat. But I get the feeling this is another case of Lebron being a whiney little bitch, as per when he put his teammates down, as per when he doesn't shake hands after losses, as per when he did the fake choke thing @ Dirk, as per when he promised 7+ ship for Miami and crapped on Cleveland, as per when he publicly offered to pay fines for dirty hits by his teammates, as per when he flopped when his own guy hit him and gave the Raps a tech ... as per what is consistent with his personality.

He's a smart guy and he tries to be likeable, but he's a giant douche bag. I don't mind as much if he's an asshole, so long as he's upfront about it inside of a behind-the-back type of guy.

Cleveland has every right to be pissed with the news that LBJ wants out, and they should be pissed that Kyrie wants out. Kyrie is trying to help himself, and that's on him, but if Lebron isn't a douche bag, I think Kyrie stays.

Quote (LeDaddy @ 17 Aug 2017 11:48)
How does one solve the issue of Dan Gilbert being a cheap, spiteful Jew?

nn racism. Dan Gilbert is another d bag, but I don't think he's any cheaper than a lot of owners. The Cavs at least dipped into the luxury tax. They built a team that could win. I think Gilbert could've been more accomodating, but I don't think he's the only bad dude in the room.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Aug 17 2017 09:51am
Gold: 2,525.00
Aug 17 2017 10:05am
I don't know, you tell me.

Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
Aug 17 2017 10:19am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Aug 17 2017 11:50am)
He got them a ring and that was HUGE, but it's his hometown team and he put on that he was going to finish his career there and win them multiple championships for the city. I don't think he's off the hook if he leaves--not by a long shot.

If ownership is more than 50% at fault here, we will find out eventually. That would excuse him somewhat. But I get the feeling this is another case of Lebron being a whiney little bitch, as per when he put his teammates down, as per when he doesn't shake hands after losses, as per when he did the fake choke thing @ Dirk, as per when he promised 7+ ship for Miami and crapped on Cleveland, as per when he publicly offered to pay fines for dirty hits by his teammates, as per when he flopped when his own guy hit him and gave the Raps a tech ... as per what is consistent with his personality.

He's a smart guy and he tries to be likeable, but he's a giant douche bag. I don't mind as much if he's an asshole, so long as he's upfront about it inside of a behind-the-back type of guy.

Cleveland has every right to be pissed with the news that LBJ wants out, and they should be pissed that Kyrie wants out. Kyrie is trying to help himself, and that's on him, but if Lebron isn't a douche bag, I think Kyrie stays.

nn racism. Dan Gilbert is another d bag, but I don't think he's any cheaper than a lot of owners. The Cavs at least dipped into the luxury tax. They built a team that could win. I think Gilbert could've been more accomodating, but I don't think he's the only bad dude in the room.

He said he was going to win Cleveland a championship, which he did in historic fashion, against the greatest team ever assembled.

As a cavaliers fan and a fan of all Cleveland sports, I hated lebron for leaving Cleveland, but in hindsight realize that that was completely irrational, if he leaves again it would suck for the team obviously but I'll be happy to see him try to take down the Warriors with another squad, it'll be exciting to watch.

Professional athletes don't owe individual teams anything, they get paid millions of dollars to play a sport, and pawned off whenever it's convenient to ownership. And when an organization repeatedly fails to fit the needs of the greatest player of this generation (possibly the greatest player of all time) you can't hold it against that player to try and do what's best for the rest of their career. And I think a lot of other CAvs fans share that sentiment with me.

Plus watching lebron go to philly, or LA would be fucking amazing to watch, we've seen him transform from attack mode Lebron in his cle/Miami years, to field general wizard lebron with his second amazing year in Cleveland.

Maybe it's time for LBj23 to transform into his ultimate form, mentor wizard lebron, and transfer some of his magical powers to LonzO or Simmons, while still fueling his team to a couple more championships. That would be entertainment.
Retired Moderator
Aug 17 2017 10:29am
^ I still believe in old school loyalty. Back when guys weren't playing for as much money, there was more of felt loyalty to teams/cities. I'd argue that with being paid a lot more now, players should be even more loyal, because they shouldn't have financial burdens--it's another level of autonomy.

Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, MJ, Magic, Bird, Reggie ... part of what made them legendary was their loyalty. Lebron half-assed loyalty by returning to Cleveland. But he's leaving again, true to himself.

If you're a player and you get moved around, that sucks. Especially if you're loyal. But maybe you can prove yourself and come back, and that would be amazing. But if you're a superstar, and if you're playing in your home city ... I have 0 respect for you if you dodge. I understand that people should be able to live where they want, but if you're from somewhere and you're talented, you better get out quickly and not return. Otherwise, it sets up loyalty questions, and it's like a horrible tease to people who look up to you to make their city and culture better.

That's just my perspective, and maybe it's outmoded by today's game.
Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 17 2017 11:50am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Aug 17 2017 12:29pm)
^ I still believe in old school loyalty. Back when guys weren't playing for as much money, there was more of felt loyalty to teams/cities. I'd argue that with being paid a lot more now, players should be even more loyal, because they shouldn't have financial burdens--it's another level of autonomy.

Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, MJ, Magic, Bird, Reggie ... part of what made them legendary was their loyalty. Lebron half-assed loyalty by returning to Cleveland. But he's leaving again, true to himself.

If you're a player and you get moved around, that sucks. Especially if you're loyal. But maybe you can prove yourself and come back, and that would be amazing. But if you're a superstar, and if you're playing in your home city ... I have 0 respect for you if you dodge. I understand that people should be able to live where they want, but if you're from somewhere and you're talented, you better get out quickly and not return. Otherwise, it sets up loyalty questions, and it's like a horrible tease to people who look up to you to make their city and culture better.

That's just my perspective, and maybe it's outmoded by today's game.

Except heat traded dwade
Bulls traded jimmy buckets
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll