d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > I'm A Democrat And Sickened By My Own Party
Prev123428Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.42
Aug 14 2017 10:42am
I am baffled every time some ivory tower crybaby is upset that people are cheering for genocide advocates and their friends being punched and think it is somehow equivalent to a literally murderous terrorist attack from the right, but at least it helps filter out the worthless folks who were never really with us in the first place
Gold: 320.69
Aug 14 2017 10:49am
Both sides have become so polarized that I can't stand to identify as any party in particular because the radical ideas of a few now "represent" the groups as a whole in this Internet era. Information is a keystroke away, and that includes any random asshole who decides to make a blog post. It's so easy to find echo chambers now, even for the most ridiculous of opinions, that what used to be very quiet opinions or shunned ideas now have at least some small voice. Anything can be picked up by a major news source and blown completely up and/or out of proportion.
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 14 2017 11:22am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 14 2017 09:10am)
I see my facebook feed and other social media posts constantly with leftists laughing and supporting people who hate and engage in violence against people like Jason Kessler such as the video where he got hit in the face. I find that to be sick and hypocritical, but when I express that, the left rips me apart. Why? The left is the group who protested against what the felt was hate speech spewing from Trump's mouth during his campaign and now his presidency. However, the left also has done protests of their own where they mock, hate, and push and shove and hit when someone who has alternative views to theirs comes to the protest to protest their own cause. Is this not the opposite of practicing what you preach? I'm ashamed at this moment to be a part of the democratic party. I post here frequently in financial and economic topics, which I lean conservative on for many reasons. However, I am not a "no new taxes" rightist idiot because I understand that you have to spend money to make money, it just has to be done correctly. I am a registered democrat in Maryland because I am quite liberal on social issues and moderate leaning right on economic issues. I find it so difficult to support the left now because their social moral compass is deteriorating. I can't stand the 1 sided simple mindedness of the right on social issues (and economic issues), and that is why I am a democrat. However, now the left has been misguided in their search for progress. Instead of working with the right to understand their views or at least accept that there are views that don't align with theirs that nearly half the country supports, they kick, cry, scream, and then use their own vengeful hate and in many cases violence to say their point is correct. I can't support it and it pains me to see the left stooping to the level they protested so strongly against just a year ago against Trump.

You have to help us to change third world immigration, hollywood, and public schools. Those three combined have poisoned the well of the culture.
Gold: Locked
Aug 14 2017 11:30am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Aug 14 2017 09:42am)
I am baffled every time some ivory tower crybaby is upset that people are cheering for genocide advocates and their friends being punched and think it is somehow equivalent to a literally murderous terrorist attack from the right, but at least it helps filter out the worthless folks who were never really with us in the first place

Is it really that strange to advocate for free speech and against violence? This issue isn't going to be solved by punching each other...violence begets violence until there's no more people to kill.
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 14 2017 11:40am
Group think and collectivism has its downsides.

Even though I'm fairly left on mostly all social issues and support things like universal healthcare and nationalization of energy/utility industries. I'm generally seen as center for some reasons I'm not sure of. It might be that I don't really like what post modernism end game goal is even though I agree with a lot of it, I don't agree with all of it.

I've voted for a democrat 3 times now but I've never considered myself one. It's weird to me that some people actually identify as democrat or republican. These political parties don't have any real foundation on what they believe. They have changed and evolved since they were founded and mostly now you can see all their interests mostly lie in status quo. Trump's campaign did one great thing and that was sell people he was going to break the status quo even though anyone with some sense knew the status quo isn't gonna be broken by someone who is the status quo.

To be honest, you really shouldn't be down about this. Embrace the individualism and reject collectivism like this and just try to be an example for what you believe.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 14 2017 11:42am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 14 Aug 2017 12:42)

oh geez, not this odious, decrepit, calorie-hoarding, bigoted degenerate bullier of children again
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=75240099&f=27&p=509348150

picking on people less than half your age and size is NOT nice. doxxing is never good, but neither are lowlifes like you.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76340901&f=119&p=516807493

Quote (Leevee @ 26 May 2017 15:18)
Speaking of people with tits, what happened to AiNedeSpelCzech?
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ 26 May 2017 15:20)
got doxxed into oblivion
wife took away internet access
forced to raise and interact with his child

stay in your lane (the drive-thru one at Pizza Hut)

reported, btw
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 14 2017 01:19pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Aug 14 2017 12:40pm)
Group think and collectivism has its downsides.

Even though I'm fairly left on mostly all social issues and support things like universal healthcare and nationalization of energy/utility industries. I'm generally seen as center for some reasons I'm not sure of. It might be that I don't really like what post modernism end game goal is even though I agree with a lot of it, I don't agree with all of it.

I've voted for a democrat 3 times now but I've never considered myself one. It's weird to me that some people actually identify as democrat or republican. These political parties don't have any real foundation on what they believe. They have changed and evolved since they were founded and mostly now you can see all their interests mostly lie in status quo. Trump's campaign did one great thing and that was sell people he was going to break the status quo even though anyone with some sense knew the status quo isn't gonna be broken by someone who is the status quo.

To be honest, you really shouldn't be down about this. Embrace the individualism and reject collectivism like this and just try to be an example for what you believe.

That's how it should be, but 83% of the people do straight line voting so few care about the voice of the 17% of moderates who have an individual voice. Hence why so many states have closed primaries.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 14 2017 01:26pm
Trump originally condemns white supremacist groups and super racist BLM groups saying both have done really fucked up things. Then trump condemns just white supremacist groups and the left says he's 2 days late. What a fuckin joke. The left wouldn't be satisfied no matter what he did, which is fucking stupid because the left always whined when the right wouldn't agree with obama even when he crossed party lines.

Politics... society...
Gold: 500.00
Aug 14 2017 02:17pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 14 2017 02:26pm)
Trump originally condemns white supremacist groups and super racist BLM groups saying both have done really fucked up things. Then trump condemns just white supremacist groups and the left says he's 2 days late. What a fuckin joke. The left wouldn't be satisfied no matter what he did, which is fucking stupid because the left always whined when the right wouldn't agree with obama even when he crossed party lines.

Politics... society...

just saw that, surely they can celebrate trump condemning these groups now?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/politics/trump-condemns-charlottesville-attackers/index.html
Gold: 260.11
Aug 14 2017 02:40pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 14 2017 01:26pm)

Politics... society...

It's good he finally did it, but he had ample opportunity to rebuke them on the first day when explicitly asked about them, and he chose to remain silent.

White supremacist groups say they are carrying out the will of Donald Trump, that never happened with Obama. The fervor for specifically Donald Trump from the white supremacists necessitates a swift response in the way no group did from Obama.

I like what John Oliver had to say about it.

White supremacists are like cats. If they like you, you're probably feeding them.

This issue is a minor one on its own, pretty miniscule in fact. However it's part of a greater trend of feeding into white supremacist groups, purposeful silence, and bigotry. If this was a one-time thing it wouldn't be big news. It's not, it's a consistent trend of behavior that deserves media attention.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 14 2017 02:45pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123428Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll