d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > I'm A Democrat And Sickened By My Own Party
12328Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 14 2017 07:10am
I see my facebook feed and other social media posts constantly with leftists laughing and supporting people who hate and engage in violence against people like Jason Kessler such as the video where he got hit in the face. I find that to be sick and hypocritical, but when I express that, the left rips me apart. Why? The left is the group who protested against what the felt was hate speech spewing from Trump's mouth during his campaign and now his presidency. However, the left also has done protests of their own where they mock, hate, and push and shove and hit when someone who has alternative views to theirs comes to the protest to protest their own cause. Is this not the opposite of practicing what you preach? I'm ashamed at this moment to be a part of the democratic party. I post here frequently in financial and economic topics, which I lean conservative on for many reasons. However, I am not a "no new taxes" rightist idiot because I understand that you have to spend money to make money, it just has to be done correctly. I am a registered democrat in Maryland because I am quite liberal on social issues and moderate leaning right on economic issues. I find it so difficult to support the left now because their social moral compass is deteriorating. I can't stand the 1 sided simple mindedness of the right on social issues (and economic issues), and that is why I am a democrat. However, now the left has been misguided in their search for progress. Instead of working with the right to understand their views or at least accept that there are views that don't align with theirs that nearly half the country supports, they kick, cry, scream, and then use their own vengeful hate and in many cases violence to say their point is correct. I can't support it and it pains me to see the left stooping to the level they protested so strongly against just a year ago against Trump.
Gold: 2,407.00
Aug 14 2017 07:14am
Be a registered independent.
Gold: 22,189.49
Aug 14 2017 07:14am
I have never seen the media as gleeful to hate as the past 48 hours
I've seen rampant doxxing, death threats, guilt by association, witch hunting, false identifications, rushes to judgment, etc. They're even dredging up the old bullcrap about 'Trump's dad was arrested at a KKK rally in 1927'
You'd think 9/11 had happened and people were hating on muslims. And at least that could be somewhat understandable. But this is entirely media contrivance

Three days ago I got a 'poll' in the mail from the ACLU which had ridiculous anti-Trump propaganda push-poll questions, making them basically an arm of the DNC at this point. And I have very vocal disagreements with them over issues like Title IX. Yet in the past couple days, the ACLU is getting death threats from the radical left for simply keeping the most basic level of support for the 1st amendment.

The left redefined themselves as a party of hysteria and impotence. I want no part of it.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Aug 14 2017 07:17am
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 14 2017 07:17am
Dear diary.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 14 2017 08:30am
Maybe you guys should peacefully take your car and drive into crowds of liberals.
Gold: 18,534.02
Aug 14 2017 08:34am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 14 2017 08:17am)
Dear diary.

:rofl:
Retired Moderator
Aug 14 2017 09:49am
Quote (Mastersam93 @ Aug 14 2017 08:14am)
Be a registered independent.

MD is closed primary. I was independent and that sucked
Gold: 9,121.00
Aug 14 2017 10:14am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 14 2017 08:49am)
MD is closed primary. I was independent and that sucked

So is New York. I know so many young people that were denied a voice to vote for Sanders because undemocratic rules like needing to be registered democrat 6 months ahead of the primary to vote. Most of these young people didn't give a shit or knew who Sanders was in march.

As far as your opening statement, as a strong social conservative I could never support the democrats. They even dropped the anti war, isolationist platform, which i stood for, and now are hawkish. Also this new wave of sjw that ties into a lot of social issues is so repulsive.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Aug 14 2017 10:15am
Retired Moderator
Aug 14 2017 10:26am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 14 2017 09:30am)
Maybe you guys should peacefully take your car and drive into crowds of liberals.

Lol. I think it's bizarre that leftists go bananas at alt right groups but can't look at BLM or other groups and realize they frequently talk about killing all cops and killing whites to even the score. What the fuck? Illogical.
Retired Moderator
Aug 14 2017 10:29am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 14 2017 11:14am)
So is New York. I know so many young people that were denied a voice to vote for Sanders because undemocratic rules like needing to be registered democrat 6 months ahead of the primary to vote. Most of these young people didn't give a shit or knew who Sanders was in march.

As far as your opening statement, as a strong social conservative I could never support the democrats. They even dropped the anti war, isolationist platform, which i stood for, and now are hawkish. Also this new wave of sjw that ties into a lot of social issues is so repulsive.

Yup I voted Bernie in the primary and general. Couldn't get myself to vote for trump and wasn't going to vote for Hillary. Which is funny because I preach anti-entitlement spending rhetoric here a lot, but I would've loved to see how Bernie would've done with it. Single payer insurance is the future. It just has to be for cost purposes. Then have tiers of rider coverage like Medicare advantage. There's no other good way to do it.

I can't stand the free college arguments though. Free community college or in state as a reimbursement? 100% on board. But to pay a person from the east cost $40k a year to go to UCLA? Yeah no thanks.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12328Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll