d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Want A New Chevy Camaro V6: Dealership Tips?
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,430,000.00
Aug 15 2017 08:56pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 15 2017 09:52pm)
Yeh but if they gave me a number I could at least make a decision.

I might have found a blue 1lt model with:
RS package
Sunroof
V6
Engine block heater
Improved audio system

2017 model so it comes with discounts. Just not my colour. I will view it tomorrow if it's in stock (it's showing at two competing dealers at same time so might be gone who knows).

It's the last 2017 with v6 and options I want within 1600km of me.

For the money saved I could get a paint job.

Honestly, if you are having this much trouble getting your hands on one. Find a dealership you like and order one through them.

Odds are they will dealer trade to get you one. I can't imagine there aren't a billion of these fucking cars rotting away on lots right now. I mean it's a v6 camaro. Not a zl1
Gold: 125.00
Aug 15 2017 09:23pm
Quote (jimmyhoud @ Aug 15 2017 07:56pm)
Honestly, if you are having this much trouble getting your hands on one. Find a dealership you like and order one through them.

Odds are they will dealer trade to get you one. I can't imagine there aren't a billion of these fucking cars rotting away on lots right now. I mean it's a v6 camaro. Not a zl1

They've got an unlimited supply of 4 cylinder turbos rotting on the lots. Apparently those things get snatched up because they get discounted heavily by Chevrolet incentives, and primarily young asian kids pick them up to mod them and get something like 400HP out of them. I want a luxury car. 325HP is plenty enough. I don't want a 400HP turbo 4 cylinder that sounds like a wind up toy pressed against a megaphone.

I already ruled the one dealership out.

I got ahold of another dealer who told me he'd cut out all profits except for $500, and just do a quick sale. Hope that's the case. Through a connection. He told me he'd sit down and run the numbers by me to be totally upfront. But that's on a 2018 order, whereas 2017 has a $3500 cash incentive, plus a $750 discount to anyone who graduated within 4 years.

Just don't want to get dicked around. I've got money, I'm willing to finance or to pay cash, doesn't matter, just want the numbers.
Gold: 1,430,000.00
Aug 15 2017 09:26pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 15 2017 10:23pm)
They've got an unlimited supply of 4 cylinder turbos rotting on the lots. Apparently those things get snatched up because they get discounted heavily by Chevrolet incentives, and primarily young asian kids pick them up to mod them and get something like 400HP out of them. I want a luxury car. 325HP is plenty enough. I don't want a 400HP turbo 4 cylinder that sounds like a wind up toy pressed against a megaphone.

I already ruled the one dealership out.

I got ahold of another dealer who told me he'd cut out all profits except for $500, and just do a quick sale. Hope that's the case. Through a connection. He told me he'd sit down and run the numbers by me to be totally upfront. But that's on a 2018 order, whereas 2017 has a $3500 cash incentive, plus a $750 discount to anyone who graduated within 4 years.

Just don't want to get dicked around. I've got money, I'm willing to finance or to pay cash, doesn't matter, just want the numbers.

There are far better luxury cars out there than an RS Camaro.
Aug 15 2017 09:44pm
Quote (jimmyhoud @ Aug 15 2017 08:26pm)
There are far better luxury cars out there than an RS Camaro.

For the price? I disagree.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 15 2017 09:44pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,835.50
Trader: Trusted
Aug 16 2017 05:16am
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 15 2017 10:44pm)
For the price? I disagree.

If you think a RS V6 Camaro 1LS is luxury for that price range then you have not looked at any other non 300HP+ car.

This post was edited by ArtofApocalypse on Aug 16 2017 05:16am
Aug 16 2017 10:57am
Quote (ArtofApocalypse @ Aug 16 2017 04:16am)
If you think a RS V6 Camaro 1LS is luxury for that price range then you have not looked at any other non 300HP+ car.

To me, luxury is the entire package. When I got inside the 2017 Camaro 1LT, I felt like I was in a premium car. Yes, I knew full-well it didn't have leather seats, carbon fibre interior trims, or metal-throughout design in the place of plastic knobs and the like. But, it felt premium, and it was a really exciting car to be in. My gf's dad's new 70,000 Audi doesn't give me the same feeling; that car has technically nicer seats, and technically higher quality trim inside.

Remember that I don't have anything invested in the Camaro yet. I typically build up my expectations, and I typically am let down when I see something in person. I was impressed by the Camaro. You might say I am crazy or justifying my budget, but I like the fabric seats more than the leather ones -- the fabric seats were done really well, the material is actually amazing, and I also sweat easy so breathability matters to me. Ya, a premium car might have cooled seats, I would have loved that.

If a car doesn't have the growl and oomph of a naturally aspirated v6, I just don't know if I'd call it premium (for someone like me). That is a major major part of the experience.

If you check out most reviews on the Camaro, this may be its best year yet (or 2016). People who weren't Camaro fans are praising it for what it offers at its price point. When I test drove it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Call me crazy, I like the smaller door windows, and slightly smaller front windshield -- idk, I just like that. I do not like the small back seats and the almost unacceptably small rear window though, but that's it.

If I were to list what I don't like (every little thing):
- Small backseat legroom, headroom
- Small rear window (visibility)
- Gas cap door is large and circular, out of place
- Rear view mirrors could be styled just a bit more aggressive
- Trunk could have a slightly larger opening without compromising performance or style
- base model comes with 7" screen, upgrade is 8". Would've liked to see base 8", upgrade 10".
- centre console screen angled downward slightly, which makes no functional sense
- centre armrest console has poor space
- no storage space under the front centre console, paired with poor storage space on armrest console; only one of those two needs to be useful, but both are limited
- 18" standard wheels are a bit small for the design (not bad but cheapens the look ever so slightly), while 20" wheels look mildly ghetto (but still great). 19" would've been a far better size.
- paddle shifters on automatic are great, but I'd like to alternatively use the stick to shift (push forward & push back, like some triptonics are set up)
- no lumbar support adjustment in seat
- no built in safety detection on surrounding drivers (to be expected as that's expensive and only on SS or up)
- headlights shouldn't be an upgrade option as the RS package ones are integral to the design

Sounds like a long list but that is short for me. And critical items amount to 0, important items amount to 2 ish.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 16 2017 11:18am
Gold: 137.01
Aug 16 2017 07:06pm
It's not much of a backseat, more like extra compartment for groceries or kids. I'd rather Uber than ride in the back of my friends ZL1. (The fun factor doesn't overweigh how horribly cramped it is.)

If you're pretty adamant on a v6 for some reason, why not go with the Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury? The features and luxury is amazing, let alone it's fairly damn fast considering it's running the same V6 except it's twin turbocharged.

A used 2016+ will probably go the same as what you're paying for a V6 Camaro that will drop 30% value after 10k miles. (Another benefit of V8 Camaros... they hold value a hell of a lot better)
Aug 16 2017 07:18pm
Quote (Touhou @ Aug 16 2017 06:06pm)
It's not much of a backseat, more like extra compartment for groceries or kids. I'd rather Uber than ride in the back of my friends ZL1. (The fun factor doesn't overweigh how horribly cramped it is.)

If you're pretty adamant on a v6 for some reason, why not go with the Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury? The features and luxury is amazing, let alone it's fairly damn fast considering it's running the same V6 except it's twin turbocharged.

A used 2016+ will probably go the same as what you're paying for a V6 Camaro that will drop 30% value after 10k miles. (Another benefit of V8 Camaros... they hold value a hell of a lot better)

It looks boring. And its beginning price is $22,000 more than a Camaro, which I am spending about $32,000 on.

Apples and oranges.

And if we're comparing used to new, that's also apples to oranges. Also, v6 depreciation to v8 depreciation, apples to oranges, as I don't intend to resell the vehicle, so depreciation doesn't matter to me. Also, v8 guzzles gas like a motherfucker & sounds ridiculous.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 16 2017 07:19pm
Gold: 3.75
Aug 16 2017 07:28pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 16 2017 08:18pm)
It looks boring. And its beginning price is $22,000 more than a Camaro, which I am spending about $32,000 on.

Apples and oranges.

And if we're comparing used to new, that's also apples to oranges. Also, v6 depreciation to v8 depreciation, apples to oranges, as I don't intend to resell the vehicle, so depreciation doesn't matter to me. Also, v8 guzzles gas like a motherfucker & sounds ridiculous.

guzzles gas eh....
19 city / 28 hwy for v6
17 city / 27 hwy for v8
both with the 8 speed
i wouldnt by any means call that guzzling

This post was edited by night_throne on Aug 16 2017 07:32pm
Gold: 95.99
Warn: 20%
Aug 16 2017 08:03pm
Quote (night_throne @ Aug 16 2017 05:28pm)
guzzles gas eh....
19 city / 28 hwy for v6
17 city / 27 hwy for v8
both with the 8 speed
i wouldnt by any means call that guzzling

By today's standards, that's absolutely guzzling.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll