d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Rick And Morty Season 3 > July 30th, 2017 - Trailer Inside
Prev1141516171835Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Aug 29 2017 03:45pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 29 2017 05:26pm)
It really doesn't make sense that the "bad" part cares and the "good" part doesn't. Especially considering how he acted towards Morty after going through the machine. That was super weak imo, probably the weakest part of the entire series. The show is usually way more clever, this felt like "it happens because it has to for the story".

Don't start doing this gay shit with rick and morty now...
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 29 2017 03:47pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Aug 29 2017 02:45pm)

You mean try to have a meaningful conversation about the show?

Why don't you just leave already? No one cares about anything you post.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 29 2017 07:08pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Aug 29 2017 01:45pm)

Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 29 2017 01:47pm)
You mean try to have a meaningful conversation about the show?

Why don't you just leave already? No one cares about anything you post.

Gotta agree with Blah here.

I didn't mind it at all and I enjoyed the entire episode, but I don't see why people analyzing things bothers you so damn much. It's entertainment. If people like myself and Blah want to analyze the ever living shit out of something that entertains us, it's our right and I can't even begin to fathom why the hell you would care in the first place.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 29 2017 07:29pm
Gold: 1,120.01
Aug 29 2017 07:27pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 29 2017 09:08pm)
Gotta agree with Blah here.

I didn't mind it at all and I enjoyed the entire episode, but I don't see why people analyzing things bothers you so damn much. It's entertainment. If people like myself and Blah want to analyze the ever living shit out of something that entertains us, it's our right and I can't even become to fathom why the hell you would care in the first place.

Here's the thing, and why it's similar to game of thrones. Nothing about this show shows anything towards realism, so why complain about a part that is unrealistic?
Aug 29 2017 07:30pm
Quote (Greet @ Aug 29 2017 05:27pm)
Here's the thing, and why it's similar to game of thrones. Nothing about this show shows anything towards realism, so why complain about a part that is unrealistic?

Not sure if you quoted the wrong person or what exactly you're going for here.
Aug 29 2017 07:31pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 29 2017 09:30pm)
Not sure if you quoted the wrong person or what exactly you're going for here.

I quoted you because I wanted to engage into discussion with you (don't care much for the rest of the cucks in this thread) and because what you quoted was talking about his complaint about how it didn't make sense.
Aug 29 2017 07:38pm
Quote (Greet @ Aug 29 2017 05:31pm)
I quoted you because I wanted to engage into discussion with you (don't care much for the rest of the cucks in this thread) and because what you quoted was talking about his complaint about how it didn't make sense.

Got ya. I wasn't sure, and figured it was just best to ask, rather than make a total ass of myself.

Regardless of whether or not the show is focused around realism, it is focused around insanely clever writing that makes this unrealistic world feel as though it could maybe somehow be real. I think that's why this scene in particular bothered him. I still had no problem with it. They clearly explained that bad and good is based entirely on the perception of the person going into the detoxifier. As Rick perceives emotional attachment to anyone as a bad thing, it gets taken out, regardless of whether or not it's actually bad.

I don't know, seemed like the standard Rick and Morty type of writing that I've come to know and love. Thoughts?

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 29 2017 07:41pm
Aug 29 2017 07:42pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 29 2017 09:38pm)
Got ya. I wasn't sure, and figured it was just best to ask, rather than make a total ass of myself.

Regardless of whether or not the show is focused around realism, it is focused around insanely clever writing that makes this unrealistic world feel as though it could maybe somehow be real. I think that's why this scene in particular bothered him. I still had no problem with it. They clearly explained that bad and good is based entirely on the perception of the person going into the detoxifier. As Rick perceives emotional attachment to anyone as a bad thing, it gets taken out, regardless of whether or not it's actually bad.

I don't know, seemed like the standard Rick and Morty type of writing that I've come to know and love. Thoughts?

I agree. I think for a show like R&M, there is absolutely no reason to nitpick something like that. The thing is like what you said; they literally explained the reason why and it was a logical one (from whatever logical things you can find out of this show).
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 29 2017 07:54pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 29 2017 06:38pm)

However the toxic part of Rick, angry Rick, is normally the part that thinks attachment is bad (think about drunk Rick). So I don't understand why the "good" part of Rick would push out the emotional attachment. Then once they are out of the machine Rick acts like he loves Morty, if he literally had no attachment why would he do that? It is inconsistent writing and inconsistent character development in a show that usually does those things better.
Gold: 150.00
Aug 29 2017 08:33pm
Quote (Greet @ Aug 29 2017 09:27pm)

i agree tbh. but because the show is GOOD people like it and start to take it seriously. they forget its just a show on adult swim.
but its just what happens when you raise peoples expectations.

but like others have said i have no issue with it. like if you want to pick it piece by piece go ahead and if it bothers you just ignore that comment. i just hope the people being elitist about it are still able to enjoy the show like i am. i have not been disappointed by a single episode so far.

This post was edited by MutatedBeaveR on Aug 29 2017 08:37pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1141516171835Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll