d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Spider Man Homecoming
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 2 2017 01:34pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 2 2017 01:26pm)
Once again, RT can be misleading since their rankings are a percentile of positive reviews vs negative reviews. A movie could get 100%, but every rating could have been a 6/10. WW getting a 90 doesn't mean it's a 9/10 movie. It was closer to a 7 or 7.5/10, but still, it got a lot of positive reviews and it deserved them. It was a pretty good movie.

Idk why so many of you use rt instead of Metacritic, it is a much better review aggregation website.
Gold: Locked
Jul 2 2017 01:54pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 2 2017 03:29pm)
In terms of drama movie sure, in terms of superhero movie no other movie is better than WW at the moment.

It is an actual down to earth movie where the hero cares about people and wants to help them and then does help them. Most movies seem to forget that a super hero is supposed to help/save people. Especially Marvel movies, those are 100% all about the big boring battles.

There over 5 marvel movies better than WW as a "superhero" movie. Spiderman homecoming will 99.9% be another one.
Wonder woman was really boring a lot of the time tbh... I lost a lot of interest in it. I can see why someone like you would love it tho :)
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 2 2017 02:01pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 2 2017 11:29am)
In terms of drama movie sure, in terms of superhero movie no other movie is better than WW at the moment.

It is an actual down to earth movie where the hero cares about people and wants to help them and then does help them. Most movies seem to forget that a super hero is supposed to help/save people. Especially Marvel movies, those are 100% all about the big boring battles.

There are plenty of superhero movies better than WW. Of course it's all opinion, but Iron Man, X-Men first class, Days of Future Past, GotG, X2 and the first & second Spider-Man to name a few. Different superheros have different styles of doing shit. WW is still your typical 1950s ultra righteous good guy. Most heroes have evolved past that and now have issues that make them more interesting characters. Just because WW is pretty much the only super lawful good hero left, doesn't mean she's any more of s hero than all the other heroes.

A good superhero movie is a good superhero movie. Logan is a superior film with better acting, writing, and direction. Just because it's not your typical ultra good guy saving people flick, doesn't mean it's disqualified from a discussion about the best hero movies,

Once again, just a personal opinion, but I do believe my reasoning is sound,
Jul 2 2017 02:12pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 2 2017 04:01pm)
There are plenty of superhero movies better than WW. Of course it's all opinion, but Iron Man, X-Men first class, Days of Future Past, GotG, X2 and the first & second Spider-Man to name a few. Different superheros have different styles of doing shit. WW is still your typical 1950s ultra righteous good guy. Most heroes have evolved past that and now have issues that make them more interesting characters. Just because WW is pretty much the only super lawful good hero left, doesn't mean she's any more of s hero than all the other heroes.

A good superhero movie is a good superhero movie. Logan is a superior film with better acting, writing, and direction. Just because it's not your typical ultra good guy saving people flick, doesn't mean it's disqualified from a discussion about the best hero movies,

^^
Jul 2 2017 02:37pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 2 2017 02:01pm)

Iron man is the only movie you mentioned that rivals WW as far as a well made movie goes. It also is one of the only actual hero movies Marvel has made.

Most of the shit Marvel makes isn't superhero it is "people with powers fighting mostly themselves and sometimes other people with powers to stop the world from blowing up." Hell Marvel has even acknowledged how not hero-oriented their films have been by making civil war, which is fucking ironic considering civil war even failed to be a super hero film. The first half of that movie was like acknowledging their mistakes and the second half said fuck it time for more powerful people to fight because we can't hold a prior story for more than 20 minutes without having giant battles.

Iron man 1, Thor 1 and arguably captain America 1 are the only super hero films Marvel has made. Whether you care to acknowledge in right or not is up to you, but it is true.

I mean look at dc comics, they have realized that over the last 10 or do years they have gotten away from the hero business and are fixing that with rebirth. Civil war could have fixed that fit the mcu but they couldn't keep it in their pants long enough to not have 70% of the movie not be about beating things up with no regard for anything around them. They are closer to monster movies than hero movies.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jul 2 2017 02:37pm
Jul 2 2017 03:01pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 2 2017 04:37pm)
Iron man is the only movie you mentioned that rivals WW as far as a well made movie goes. It also is one of the only actual hero movies Marvel has made.

Most of the shit Marvel makes isn't superhero it is "people with powers fighting mostly themselves and sometimes other people with powers to stop the world from blowing up." Hell Marvel has even acknowledged how not hero-oriented their films have been by making civil war, which is fucking ironic considering civil war even failed to be a super hero film. The first half of that movie was like acknowledging their mistakes and the second half said fuck it time for more powerful people to fight because we can't hold a prior story for more than 20 minutes without having giant battles.

Iron man 1, Thor 1 and arguably captain America 1 are the only super hero films Marvel has made. Whether you care to acknowledge in right or not is up to you, but it is true.

I mean look at dc comics, they have realized that over the last 10 or do years they have gotten away from the hero business and are fixing that with rebirth. Civil war could have fixed that fit the mcu but they couldn't keep it in their pants long enough to not have 70% of the movie not be about beating things up with no regard for anything around them. They are closer to monster movies than hero movies.

You can't even compare WW to some of these movies mentioned.
Gold: 25.20
Jul 2 2017 03:14pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 2 2017 03:01pm)
You can't even compare WW to some of these movies mentioned.

Personally I think WW is better than any movie in Marvel except Logan.
I like WW more than Logan but I wouldn't say it's actually a better or worse movie.

Most Marvel movies are just one liners and big battles with no real consequence that viewers care about.
I think Civil War was one of the worst superhero films ever because I just didn't care about anything happening. The big airport battle was just a showcase of powers where nobody was at any risk. It didn't matter at all.

WW made you care. Showing the suffering, injuries, deaths of war makes you invest more into what is happening.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jul 2 2017 03:24pm
Jul 2 2017 03:44pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Jul 2 2017 05:14pm)
Personally I think WW is better than any movie in Marvel except Logan.
I like WW more than Logan but I wouldn't say it's actually a better or worse movie.

Most Marvel movies are just one liners and big battles with no real consequence that viewers care about.
I think Civil War was one of the worst superhero films ever because I just didn't care about anything happening. The big airport battle was just a showcase of powers where nobody was at any risk. It didn't matter at all.

WW made you care. Showing the suffering, injuries, deaths of war makes you invest more into what is happening.

I couldn't give a shit about ww... literally that's why I lost interest.
I liked civil war 1000x more
Jul 2 2017 03:54pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 2 2017 03:44pm)
I couldn't give a shit about ww... literally that's why I lost interest.
I liked civil war 1000x more

No one cares about what you say. All you say is that you like or dislike things without actually providing any conversation on the subject. You actively try to push people down who you disagree with, not with actual logic but with insults and nothing else.

There are much better places to have your biases reinforced, why not go find one? That's clearly all you care about.
Jul 2 2017 04:06pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 2 2017 05:54pm)
No one cares about what you say. All you say is that you like or dislike things without actually providing any conversation on the subject. You actively try to push people down who you disagree with, not with actual logic but with insults and nothing else.

There are much better places to have your biases reinforced, why not go find one? That's clearly all you care about.

Honestly I shouldn't need to reinforce anything with what I'm saying... it's all facts
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll