d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Spider Man Homecoming
12321Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Jun 29 2017 02:58pm
Been waiting to watch this forever, can't wait for it... 92% on Rotten :drool:
hypehypehype
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2017 03:30pm
gg cant wait, spiderman always been fav marvel universe hero. hope they do this movie justice - more excited that he is in teh MCU now.
Gold: 198,711.06
Jun 29 2017 10:39pm
3rd times a charm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 30 2017 12:23am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jun 29 2017 12:58pm)
Been waiting to watch this forever, can't wait for it... 92% on Rotten :drool:
hypehypehype

All Marvel movies get high ratings and most of them are pretty fucking bad.

I'm once again trying to keep my expectation as low as humanly possible. Only a very small size of superhero films have lived up to their hype/ratings

Deadpool, think this got an 80%, which is fair. I would have gone 7/10, but it's close enough.
Logan was :drool: , easily a 90% film
Iron-Man, another movie that was pretty damn good and deserved around what it got. Would have personally gone 8/10 vs the 94 it got, with how fucking boring and lame the bad guy was. Not to mention that it made no fucking sense. Old ass tech company guy with no military training or experience hops in this suit for the first time and is able to out punch iron-man who's wracked up tons of experience fucking with his? Seems legit. I know, it's a movie, but that shit s always stupid. Same principal for whiplash. He's got hardly any of his body covered. Shoot one of those rockets directly at him or at his feet and it's over in an instant.

GoTG, another movie that lived up to it's hype. Not quite as good as the critics stated, another 8/10 movie vs the 91 it got

X-Men First Class and X-Men Days of Future Past - Loved em both and both are well deserving of their phenomenal ratings. That being said Apocalypse deserved a 20-30%, not the 48 it was gifted. X2 and X-Men both got 8x% and I think those are fair as well. They aged okay, not super well, but well enough and they were good for what they were.

I'm sure there are a few others that live up to their hype, but for the most part, Marvel movies get 90+ and are pretty shit. Especially these big ones. Anything in it's 3rd+ installment, anything staring multiple people (avengers, civil war etc..) have all just been fucking awful. They won't be stopping anytime soon since they're still building for the infinity war. I feel like those movies are going to be by far the most expensive movies ever created and that they'll break every single record ever made in a fucking landslide. Unless they somehow completely bomb, which I just don't see happening, they'll at least be entertaining.

End rant lol.

TLDR : hopefully this is good, not getting my hopes up, Marvel has let me down too many times in the past.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 30 2017 12:23am
Jun 30 2017 02:30am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 30 2017 02:23am)
All Marvel movies get high ratings and most of them are pretty fucking bad.

I'm once again trying to keep my expectation as low as humanly possible. Only a very small size of superhero films have lived up to their hype/ratings

Deadpool, think this got an 80%, which is fair. I would have gone 7/10, but it's close enough.
Logan was :drool: , easily a 90% film
Iron-Man, another movie that was pretty damn good and deserved around what it got. Would have personally gone 8/10 vs the 94 it got, with how fucking boring and lame the bad guy was. Not to mention that it made no fucking sense. Old ass tech company guy with no military training or experience hops in this suit for the first time and is able to out punch iron-man who's wracked up tons of experience fucking with his? Seems legit. I know, it's a movie, but that shit s always stupid. Same principal for whiplash. He's got hardly any of his body covered. Shoot one of those rockets directly at him or at his feet and it's over in an instant.

GoTG, another movie that lived up to it's hype. Not quite as good as the critics stated, another 8/10 movie vs the 91 it got

X-Men First Class and X-Men Days of Future Past - Loved em both and both are well deserving of their phenomenal ratings. That being said Apocalypse deserved a 20-30%, not the 48 it was gifted. X2 and X-Men both got 8x% and I think those are fair as well. They aged okay, not super well, but well enough and they were good for what they were.

I'm sure there are a few others that live up to their hype, but for the most part, Marvel movies get 90+ and are pretty shit. Especially these big ones. Anything in it's 3rd+ installment, anything staring multiple people (avengers, civil war etc..) have all just been fucking awful. They won't be stopping anytime soon since they're still building for the infinity war. I feel like those movies are going to be by far the most expensive movies ever created and that they'll break every single record ever made in a fucking landslide. Unless they somehow completely bomb, which I just don't see happening, they'll at least be entertaining.

End rant lol.

TLDR : hopefully this is good, not getting my hopes up, Marvel has let me down too many times in the past.

I like almost any marvel shit ;p
Haven't been too disappointed with most of the movies they've made
Gold: 25.20
Jun 30 2017 02:49am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jun 30 2017 02:30am)
I like almost any marvel shit ;p
Haven't been too disappointed with most of the movies they've made

I've disliked about 80% of the Marvel movies aside from the R ratings which are great

Mostly just like some of the origins

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jun 30 2017 02:49am
Gold: 0.90
Jun 30 2017 05:02am
Rotten tomatoes has sold out lately, I don't trust that anymore
Gold: 10,025.00
Jun 30 2017 05:07am
Quote (Meatstick @ Jun 30 2017 05:02am)
Rotten tomatoes has sold out lately, I don't trust that anymore

How would a site that does nothing but aggregate reviews sell out? You know that the website doesn't actually rate anything right?
Jun 30 2017 07:28am
94%
Usually most movies go down slightly after they come out, but maybe this one will go up to 110% ;)
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 30 2017 08:16am
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 30 2017 03:07am)
How would a site that does nothing but aggregate reviews sell out? You know that the website doesn't actually rate anything right?

This... Someone said this to me the other day and it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. Individual critics can, and are being bought, but that doesn't mean RT is turning bad reviews into positive ones. Do you have any idea how fast they'd be sued to bankruptcy if they pulled a stunt like that?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
12321Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll