d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Otto Warmbier Dead After North Korean Jail Time > 22 Years Old
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 25 2017 10:56am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 24 2017 04:33pm)
The personality cult over there claimed he had botulism. There's no signs that he had botulism.

Plus, even if the U.S. did find signs of abuse, would you believe them?

It would be hard to believe such a claim because the DPRK has a very clean record when it comes to how foreign criminals are treated. Even the "experts" that think the botulism explanation is a lie admit this.

The last thing the DPRK wants is a dead foreigner in their hands, because they know how damaging to their already bad reputation that would be. They are making huge efforts in encouraging tourism there, and this whole story goes completely against their interests. Warmbier was certainly treated well there. When he fell into a comma they kept it a secret and tried to cure him, hoping they'd be able to avoid this shitstorm. The only reason they released him was because the situation reached a point where it was obvious he was going to die and the DPRK didn't want him dying there, because they knew that our propaganda would cause an even greater shitstorm and accuse the country of executing him or working/torturing him to death in a concentration camp.

And it's not that we didn't find signs of botulism, it's that we can't confirm it without an autopsy. An autopsy that isn't going to happen... how convenient lmao
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jun 25 2017 11:16am
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 20 2017 05:34am)
that would just kill citizens en mass, seems more valid to destroy the regime entirely

A people that allows their government to get to this point has to be held responsible to some degree.

And it should come in the form of a complete embargo and cutting off any sort of aid

Quote (DPRK @ Jun 25 2017 12:56pm)
It would be hard to believe such a claim because the DPRK has a very clean record when it comes to how foreign criminals are treated. Even the "experts" that think the botulism explanation is a lie admit this.

The last thing the DPRK wants is a dead foreigner in their hands, because they know how damaging to their already bad reputation that would be. They are making huge efforts in encouraging tourism there, and this whole story goes completely against their interests. Warmbier was certainly treated well there. When he fell into a comma they kept it a secret and tried to cure him, hoping they'd be able to avoid this shitstorm. The only reason they released him was because the situation reached a point where it was obvious he was going to die and the DPRK didn't want him dying there, because they knew that our propaganda would cause an even greater shitstorm and accuse the country of executing him or working/torturing him to death in a concentration camp.

And it's not that we didn't find signs of botulism, it's that we can't confirm it without an autopsy. An autopsy that isn't going to happen... how convenient lmao

What makes your propaganda any more real than ours?

This post was edited by DCSS on Jun 25 2017 11:23am
Gold: 3.33
Jun 25 2017 12:21pm
Of course he made a mistake in taking a sign, it's besides the point. The young man didn't deserve to die for it, and I do think this will harm the US & North Korean relationship further going forward.

Just in case anyone's interested, I was in Korea last month and went to the DMZ (border between North and South Korea). Learnt a lot of interesting stuff about the relationship they have with South Korea and the rest of the world. We went down into tunnels dug by North Korea under the DMZ that go all the way to Seoul, they're 13 known tunnels built from the 70s but experts believe there are upto 30 more they haven;t found yet.

I'm certain that if North Korea ever nuked or bombed South Korea to the point of killing civilians, there would be a revolt. They want reunification after all, to free their Southern brothers and sisters from the poverty and homelessness of capitalism. The Kim dynasty is also slowly losing its grip on power as its citizens can readily get their hands of information from the outside world. Smugglers from China bring through Western films, Korean dramas, k-pop videos, you name it. The whole lie and cult of personality they've built up there cannot last forever.

A picture I took of the first North Korean town past the DMZ, in the distance:

Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 25 2017 12:26pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jun 25 2017 02:21pm)
Of course he made a mistake in taking a sign, it's besides the point. The young man didn't deserve to die for it, and I do think this will harm the US & North Korean relationship further going forward.

Just in case anyone's interested, I was in Korea last month and went to the DMZ (border between North and South Korea). Learnt a lot of interesting stuff about the relationship they have with South Korea and the rest of the world. We went down into tunnels dug by North Korea under the DMZ that go all the way to Seoul, they're 13 known tunnels built from the 70s but experts believe there are upto 30 more they haven;t found yet.

I'm certain that if North Korea ever nuked or bombed South Korea to the point of killing civilians, there would be a revolt. They want reunification after all, to free their Southern brothers and sisters from the poverty and homelessness of capitalism. The Kim dynasty is also slowly losing its grip on power as its citizens can readily get their hands of information from the outside world. Smugglers from China bring through Western films, Korean dramas, k-pop videos, you name it. The whole lie and cult of personality they've built up there cannot last forever.

http://imgur.com/rPVOuQC.jpg

Interesting story & pictures.

Welcome back, dude!
Jun 25 2017 12:26pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 25 2017 07:26pm)
Interesting story & pictures.

Welcome back, dude!

Merci
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 25 2017 12:39pm
Quote (dro94 @ 25 Jun 2017 19:21)

http://imgur.com/rPVOuQC.jpg

how big do you think the support for a revolt would be. you say you are certain but what do you base that on? sure, no INFORMED population growing up in an OPEN state would put up with the kim dynasty, but considering the decades of brainwashing and propaganda, i'm a bit sceptical as to how happily north korean's would throw their dear leader under a bus...
yes, people learn about how things are outside their country. yes, the intellectually curious might question the status quo anyway, but just looking at recent examples in very much democratic states with more or less free access to more or less free media makes me seriously doubt there is such widespread scepticism amongst a population as isolated as north korea...
Gold: 262.50
Jun 25 2017 12:42pm

this north korea-phobia has to stop. not every north korean murders people, have some respect for other cultures.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 25 2017 12:47pm
Quote (dro94 @ 25 Jun 2017 14:26)
Merci

welcome back my friend!
Jun 25 2017 12:50pm
Quote (fender @ Jun 25 2017 07:39pm)
how big do you think the support for a revolt would be. you say you are certain but what do you base that on? sure, no INFORMED population growing up in an OPEN state would put up with the kim dynasty, but considering the decades of brainwashing and propaganda, i'm a bit sceptical as to how happily north korean's would throw their dear leader under a bus...
yes, people learn about how things are outside their country. yes, the intellectually curious might question the status quo anyway, but just looking at recent examples in very much democratic states with more or less free access to more or less free media makes me seriously doubt there is such widespread scepticism amongst a population as isolated as north korea...

In North Korea you need a special permit to travel by train between districts. In the event of revolts (which do happen, by the way), they are quickly isolated and crushed by the army. The peasants can't overthrow Kim, it's the army. Judging by the number of high profile Army officials he's killed off, it's pretty obvious he is looking over his shoulder right now.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 25 2017 12:56pm
Quote (hedonism @ Jun 25 2017 02:42pm)
this north korea-phobia has to stop. not every north korean murders people, have some respect for other cultures.

Not sure if srs.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll